Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Some "small changes":
1. !!!!ABSOLUTELY!!!! Was just talking about this 2 days ago with a paladin friend.
2. I agree the fear issue has to be addressed and resolved, but I disagree that this is the way to go. Honestly it's too powerful.
3. !!!!ABSOLUTELY!!!! It is especially bad with female blood elfs - who wobble back and forth for nearly a full half second. I miss the days when it was instant. TRULY instant. The skill already has a projectile travel time, there is no need for the extra down time from 'cast animations'.
4. Rather see lower cooldown times instead of increased damage. Would give us more options. Also, as I mentioned in the other post to Karod, would be nice if Unbreakable Spirit worked in this way, but with a little more juice with the level 90 talents - as 1% on a 1 min cd is going to be relatively nothing. It would have to be upped to compensate. Perhaps 1% cd reduction per holy power spent. So 1hp = 1%, 2hp = 2%, and 3hp = 3%. Just on Prism/Light's Ham/Execution Sentence.
5. Agree with the points you are making. In all sincerity, I think FoL just need's it's mana cost significantly reduced, not the spell power increased. You can get some big crits already on others, especially with Selfless Healer, but because that buff isn't something we can spam, I think a reduced mana cost would be the way to go about this. It really is stupid that we can only cast what is really a minor healing spell on ourselves 2 times before we have to wait for mana as Ret.
6. Disagree with GoAK being reduced. Others with pet procs, which don't have a buff to the player, have similar cd times. Sure they get more pets, but they dn't get that rocking buff we get. I'd rather see more valid glyph choices that open our options. Like another AV glyph that reduces the cd time while nerfing the duration of it or damage. Stuff like that. Let's face it, our glyphs suck. I look at other class's selections, and they get all kinds of cool glyph options. Ours... not even close.
7. It already crits. Again, just need the cost of FoL reduced. This combined with your previous suggestion would make our 'hybrid' heals overpowered again. It's clear they don't want us having substantial healing contributions to the point of being another healer. SS being a normal shield? Shrug, not sure what that would solve or do. I'd rather see Harsh Words work with Eternal Flame.
8. Increased duration would be nice. Integration into all skills and effectively removed as a skill, would be better. Maintaining a damage buff is stupid. I don't know of any class other then Ret that has to do that. Prot hate it so much, they removed it from their selection. So why'd Ret get stuck with it? Hell, I'd rather see it work like Divine Purpose but instead of proc'n on Holy Power using skills, it has a chance to proc on skills that GENERATE Holy Power.
9. Nnnnnnnnnnnuuuuuuuuu. Very much disagree. Forbearance was already reduced some time ago from 2 mins to 1 min. These skills don't need more love. Remember, if we can get FoL's mana cost reduced significantly, we could HoP ourselves and then FoL ourselves up to a reasonable health level vs melee. Btw, Glyph Harsh words and go with Divine Purpose. You can stand there and proc up in heals on yourself or dps on a melee with impunity already.
10. I really dunno why they made DP a talented skill tbh. I used to be baseline. I guess because they couldn't think of another talent to put in that tier. Making DP baseline... honestly... would be a massive increase in Ret DPS. I'm not sure that would be wise to do, as we'd just end up getting nerfed back down. Instead, and again, look at Unbreakable Spirit and wonder why it doesn't affect offensive abilities, or why Inquisition doesn't work like DP as I mentioned earlier. Those types of things put in together, could up us in a respectable way without making us godlike OP.
10 Blood Elf Paladin
Only Assassination has the capability of refreshing their SnD, and I don't think anyone seriously PvPs as Assassination.
Feral Kitties have a glyph that allows them to have their buff when no combo points are up for a duration of 12 seconds. While this may seem awesome, they still will likely spend combo points later just to help keep up the buff. Otherwise, it would make the rotation clunky as hell (and it still has the Energy cost, to boot).
Inquisition's only real cost is our HoPo. While HoPo is a main form of our offense and defense, it isn't very difficult to really create with Judgment and Exorcism being ranged (most of the time unless you glyph it, which is only good in niche situations).
We've been told 25-50% of our PvP power will benefit our heals in 5.2, we shall see if that is enough. Ghostcrawler even nerfed selfless healer, to buff flash of lights base heal by 50% and even buffed sacred shield.
However, buffing flash of light is still gimped with the fact that it takes nearly 15-18 seconds seconds to build up a 3 stack of selfless healer.
Simple fix, is make selfless healer only need 2 stacks, and increase the healing by 40/80%
and make the stacks like heating up and count as 1 buff once you get both stacks.
(In ghostcrawlers buff to baseline flash for rets, and nerf to selfless healer, he has selfless healer stack like this. 20%/40%/60% and flash of lights baseline is 50%)
Also, our issue also in pvp comes from the fact that our gap closer is virtually worthless in this world of passive snares effects that are applied cositently. We freedom to judge to get LAotL(Long Arm of the Law) up our freedom's dispelled virtually instantly, we emancipate to judge to get LAotL up to get on our target, we're snared/ rooted. Oour damage and gap closer is the worst of all melee spec's on top of our susceptibility to CC. Ret's are in a basic arena match 50% of the time eating all CC and consistently slowed.
all these walls of text im too lazy to read since most of it is crying over a spec that is easy to play and fun too.
want more sustaining dps? Make DP baseline, give us a new talent(much like they did with rogue) Now, inb4 tons of bads saying this is a bad idea because they can't handle a proc :D
Honestly, I'd be thrilled if we just got something like a
*4pc bonus: Your Templar's Verdict now has a chance on hit to deal 40% of its damage over 4seconds (The chance is increased to 100% when hitting a target that is snared/stunned)*
If its a 4pc, it wouldnt affect PvE, and it would help out our consistant damage quite nicely
(In full offence mode, you pump out a TV once every 5s, find it usually hits for about 40k, giving us a *chance* at a 16k dot
With cds up we would be overriding the dot with how many TV we were putting out from increased HP gen rate
If it had 100% chance to proc on stunned targets, it would make our non-cd damage alot more reliable when you need to put out hard dmg
But, its only a dream....
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.