Armory always show me logged in game

90 Draenei Mage
Hello
i opened support case and support route me to this forum.
From a week i have issue with using mobile armory and wow site.
Both shows me as logged in game and i cannot create Auctions or claim gold.
I am logged out from an hour and now when i open https://us.battle.net/wow/en/vault/character/auction/alliance/create i get error "This account is logged into the game. You can still browse the Auction House, but you must log off from the game to use other features such as bidding on or listing auctions."
Its the same when i try from Armory.
I clean browser cache and remove and install Mobile armory again, issue still exists.
I shut down my PC just to be sure that there is no love connections to WOW , and armory still said i am logged in.
In the same moment when i look on my profile it shows all changes to my gear which i do via the game.
Could you please take a look on this issue and my account and let me know can this be fixed or this is a bug.

Thank you
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Did you happen to change to a new guild around the time this started happening?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Yes, i change it week earlier. I didnt check is it working right after i change the guild.
Can it be fixed in someway ?
Edited by Rionshin on 1/3/2013 9:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Is that really the problem? I am having the same issue and no guild changes
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Have you explicitly logged out of Guild Chat in the mobile app? You will remain logged in to WoW, but denoted with a "mobile away" icon (yellow clock with radio waves coming off of it), unless you explicitly log out of the Guild Chat feature in the app. Please confirm if this resolves your issue.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
i was logged off from the guild chat, i didnt use it and i was "Offline".
when i change to online i receive few messages "waiting" from guild members from my old guild.
i cleared all waiting messages , logged off and logged on and its fine. i checked and i can claim money from sold Auctions and create new.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
i was logged off from the guild chat, i didnt use it and i was "Offline".
when i change to online i receive few messages "waiting" from guild members from my old guild.
i cleared all waiting messages , logged off and logged on and its fine. i checked and i can claim money from sold Auctions and create new.

Are you saying that the whispers from old guild members were present in your new guild's Guild Chat page? Or is it still displaying the old guild?

FYI, it has been a couple weeks since you first reported this issue, which is about the length of time that a mobile online/away status would expire. It's possible that your actions coincided with this expiration, but I'm still curious about the persistence of the old guild whispers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
This is happening to everyone in our guild who uses the Guild Chat feature....they log out but it still shows them online at times. Like right now there are connection issues going on, some of my friends told me they can't connect at all, but when I view the guild roster it shows I am online on Mobile Chat....even though I have been trying to log on Mobile Chat for at least 45 minutes. My account wasn't even logged on to the app at all at one point. I had to log completely out and it wouldn't let me back on for about 10 minutes, but the guild roster still showed I was online on Mobile Chat.

01/11/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Wilebosk
Have you explicitly logged out of Guild Chat in the mobile app? You will remain logged in to WoW, but denoted with a "mobile away" icon (yellow clock with radio waves coming off of it), unless you explicitly log out of the Guild Chat feature in the app. Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

I never use the "log out" feature on the app because I want to remain in away status so I receive messages throughout the day, but the app is actually logging me completely out all the time now - I am never in the away status. I really would like to see that fixed.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
^ During periods of instability like this, unfortunately the intended nature of mobile online and away states become moot. My goal is to make sure people are not stuck in this state while not able to properly maintain a connection, but that means using the Offline button. We're working on improving stability, so that it doesn't have to come to that.

However, it looks like Guild Chat is working well at the moment, so it should behave as expected. If not, let me know, but make sure to differentiate between a period of stability and instability, as you did above.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Hello Wilebosk
it was showing my new guild and i had "waiting" whisper messages from my old guild mates. All of the messages was older than a month even more. Its strange because all this messages was already read by me and received month ago, and now after i change Guild they appeared in the guild chat as unread and "new".

Are you saying that the whispers from old guild members were present in your new guild's Guild Chat page? Or is it still displaying the old guild?

FYI, it has been a couple weeks since you first reported this issue, which is about the length of time that a mobile online/away status would expire. It's possible that your actions coincided with this expiration, but I'm still curious about the persistence of the old guild whispers.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Did you receive these whispers as push notifications outside the app?
Edited by Wilebosk on 1/22/2013 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Hey Wilebosk
i just see your question.
no i didnt get any push notification because i switch it off for WOW armory.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
We're addressing an issue related to old messages on the Guild Chat page. It's separate from the "always logged on" issue, but it's related and we are working on solutions for both.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]