So... Why do you see people from other realms

(Locked)

91 Draenei Paladin
Used to be that you would only see people from your realm in your realm, and now there are idiots from other realms stealing my kills. What the heck is up?
90 Tauren Hunter
Hello! You must be new.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Cross-realm_zones
50 Blood Elf Priest
Ughhhhh
100 Dwarf Hunter
To take a phlegmatic approach:

If someone on your realm was doing it, would you be any less inhibited?

(resource nodes aside, because there is actually an argument there.)

This

I always find it funny lol

Who what realm hes from Im not getting a cut
Realms now share zones to raise the amount of people you can see in them. And yes, it is annoying to lose out to someone off realm, especially since they often don't want to group up. I've often offered to group up when I noticed others doing the same quest, it would go faster on kills and quest bosses. But nooo... they usually ignore and get more aggressive to get all the kills.

Leveling in blasted lands yesterday was like this. About 4 people all trying to kill ogres and the respawn rate was terrible! We stood around ten minutes before one finally spawned. Then, because the other morons didn't want to group, it was a mad rush to tag it first.

When people see players from other communities they seem to think it is more okay to be jerks. The sense of community is gone.

I like this dwarf. has sort of the philosophy perspective to problems. and he has a point.
Edited by Kurt on 12/31/2012 3:10 PM PST
50 Blood Elf Priest
12/31/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Forben
It allows us to see players of both factions from all realms in your battlegroup.
Wrong. It's by Datacenter, if you play on a Chicago server (Ruin, Rampage, Shadowburn, Vindication) you will see a lot more CRZ people than people who play in the Phoenix Datacenter (Emberstorm, Whirlwind).
Also, you can invite people from other realms to play with you, and you'll be able to see them. It'll either throw you to their server or them to your server, can't pick which server you want some reason.
This is not a feature of CRZ. RealID groups port you to the other server. CRZ is the random throwing together of people from different servers.
Edited by Loans on 12/31/2012 3:31 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Hunter
……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-’”……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..”-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
…………./__.(…..”~-,_…………………………,:`………./
………../(_….”~,_……..”~,_………………..,:`…….._/
……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….”-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……”;,,./`…./”…………../
…,,,___.\`~,……”~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
……………………………..,<`.._|_,-&“…………….`

...sorry, I had to.

In all seriousness, CRZ (Cross Realm Zoning) lets you see other players so that you can interact with them easier to do quests / dungeons / etc.
Edited by Vaeldorei on 12/31/2012 3:29 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Welcome to wonders of CRZ, one of the dumbest ideas ever.

Personally I'd rather stay on my realm and only see people on my realm. If I wanted to be on another realm or see people on another realm, I would go to that realm.
100 Draenei Paladin

CRZ haters have no logical reason for hating CRZ, unless they would rather be playing a single player game. (In which case they hated WoW before CRZ).

Resource nodes even have this awesome thing called dynamic respawn times. It's how us high population players - the vast majority of WoW's residents) somehow have ores and herbs and mats to craft with.
Edited by Eloderung on 12/31/2012 3:36 PM PST
100 Night Elf Hunter
12/31/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Eloderung
CRZ haters have no logical reason for hating CRZ, unless they would rather be playing a single player game. (In which case they hated WoW before CRZ).

<sighs>

Saying it doesn't make it so, despite what you might believe. There are plenty of logical reasons for disliking CRZ.

It had a huge host of technical flaws when it was pushed out to the live realms. While some of those flaws have indeed been fixed, some of them still exist. It had a dramatic impact on performance for many people. Just yesterday I was in Deepholm and the hardware was so overloaded that loot times (and other reaction times) were 1-2 seconds, consistently, for over an hour that I was in the zone.

Blizzard spent 8 years supporting variable density play. They don't get to just turn around and pretend they didn't and neither do you. Players were empowered to select their play experience based on the tagged realm density. And still are! Realm density is STILL used as a defining criteria by Blizzard.

How much player density should be present in any one zone and how many zones each piece of physical hardware should be supporting are perfectly valid topics for discussion regarding CRZ and it's more than a little disgusting when you, or Blizzard reps attempt to dismiss these density concerns with a disparaging remark about "solo-play".

And, I'm just scratching the surface there. How are those two-seater mounts working out for you?
83 Night Elf Rogue
I'd like to see one server not part of the CRZ, it would be called the real WoW community server
100 Dwarf Warrior
Why are you only seeing this now, OP? There have been 4378438947 posts about it, and MOST want it gone.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]