Adventure Time!

90 Human Paladin
Has anyone else fallen hard for this show? Personally it's become one of my favorite animations ever, and the wife and I will keep the channel on Cartoon Network just about any time we find it's on. Overall it just seems very creatively driven, and I love the show's dark humor.
Reply Quote
SAME! Gf and I fell in love with show and we are 23 and 26...lol. That and adventure time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Jake: We could rule them like gods! Angry gods...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don's like it.

Now dont me wrong Adventure Time is a very good show. Its just .....I had girlfriend who made me watch all the Twilight movies up to Eclipse.....after that ANYTHING that has human/vamp relationships (such as Fin and that Vamp Chick) makes me shudder
Edited by Azran on 1/6/2013 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I love it, I just don't get to see it often.

However, I was at a masquerade tonight & 2 guys at it were being the Ice King & Gunter.

http://tinyurl.com/b8vyasq

Quack! Quack!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
YES it is a great show, but it took me a while to warm up to at first because of its sheer weirdness. My parents don't get why I like it, but hey, they watched Spongebob more than I did when it first came out sooo *shrug*
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
This is now the (or at leats my) official Adventure Time thread.

[NOW AIRING SIMON AND MARCY SPOILERS]

Oh my god loved it so hard. Once again they weave together a world of humor, tragedy, and action all together and make something utterly fantastic.

The Cheers theme song putting in a human element that kept Simon grounded was genius. I teared up like a wuss.

And that soundtrack sounding so much like something Earthbound just made me giggle.

And of course once again, a glimpse of the world only raises so many other tantalizing question. Cuz that's how you are supposed to write science-fiction.

Marcy didn't have her vampire bite marks yet. So who bit her? Was she ever human? I guess demons can be vampires too?

Do the Candy people or Princess Bubble gum know their origins? Why the outgrowing bubblegum webs? Why candy people?

Anyone notice the the mutant candies excreted green goo like the candy zombies all the way back from Slumber party panic? I wonder it that's relevant.

Apparently the Bubblegum people have always been nice. Was that bubblegum consciousness the first ruler of the candy kingdom?

Simon staying bluer, with longer nose and beard after blowing away the mutants? How much tragedy they can fit in with the most subtle details.

I can't wait for next week's episode. Which they haven't previewed at all. Oh my glob you guys.
Edited by Morrice on 3/28/2013 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I loved how a few weeks ago it hit me the "Mushroom War" was not some made up war with cute mushroom people or fighting over mushrooms or something but a nuclear war with mushroom clouds. It all became clear lol

[NOW AIRING SIMON AND MARCY SPOILERS]

Oh my god loved it so hard. Once again they weave together a world of humor, tragedy, and action all together and make something utterly fantastic.

The Cheers theme song putting in a human element that kept Simon grounded was genius. I teared up like a wuss.

And that soundtrack sounding so much like something Earthbound just made me giggle.

And of course once again, a glimpse of the world only raises so many other tantalizing question. Cuz that's how you are supposed to write science-fiction.

Agreed, the epp was really well put together.

His skin staying blue and his nose staying long as well as him saying "I love you too, Gunther" made the ending really sad and tragic as well as epic and heartwarming. You have to wonder if that's the point when their relationship started to fall apart.

Marcy didn't have her vampire bite marks yet. So who bit her? Was she ever human? I guess demons can be vampires too?

In the epp Bad Little Boy, Marcel Lee says hes "The son of a demon and the vampire king" and since that word is just a big gender flip you can assume her mom was the vampire queen. Meaning she's half vampire? Latter becoming a full fledged vampire? (Burns in sunlight, Eats red, Shape Shifting)

Maybe it has something to do with her dad. He does show up latter in her life (And eats her fries) and she gets the family axe (By taking it or having it given to her). Who knows.

As for the bite marks themselves, the might just be a part of her earlier character design that actually has nothing to do with her being a vampire.

Do the Candy people or Princess Bubble gum know their origins? Why the outgrowing bubblegum webs? Why candy people?

Maybe maybe not. Gum based life has t start somewhere? Sugar is carbon? Maybe the candy people where made by the gum people?

Anyone notice the the mutant candies excreted green goo like the candy zombies all the way back from Slumber party panic? I wonder it that's relevant.

I don't think those where candy. Ever wonder where the people are?

Apparently the Bubblegum people have always been nice. Was that bubblegum consciousness the first ruler of the candy kingdom?

Looking like it's the origin of gum based creatures. Where the other ones came from is up to debate.

Simon staying bluer, with longer nose and beard after blowing away the mutants? How much tragedy they can fit in with the most subtle details.

Allot.

I can't wait for next week's episode. Which they haven't previewed at all. Oh my glob you guys.

Episode name is "A Glitch Is a Glitch" surmise from that what you will.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
As for what I would like to see in future epps, I would like to see more of Finn's life growing up, Jake's kids, and would like to know what happened/who are Finn's (Original) parents.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I bought an Adventure Time t-shirt at Wal-mart yesterday.

http://ii.wbshop.com/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=/images/warnerbros//source/warnerbros/attvtouta.tif&wid=370&cvt=jpeg

Although the colour on mine is a lot darker for some reason.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Just watched the new episode...

o____o
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Death Knight
I like the show but didn't like last weeks episode. also did anyone else find it a bit odd that pb was going a bit crazy on the ice kings computer like thing he has?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I like the show but didn't like last weeks episode. also did anyone else find it a bit odd that pb was going a bit crazy on the ice kings computer like thing he has?

Well, he just used it to make a virus to eat the world. I think I would do the same.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Any one else think Bmo's insane?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Death Knight
he is, on one of the early episodes he was talking to him self and on a diffent one he was giving a plot to a missing sock, though the reference was nicely done
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
So... Peppermint Butler... The hell?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I like him, he's dark but not pure evil.

Needs more Ice King though, hasn't been enough of him lately.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
05/22/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Killercaitie
I like him, he's dark but not pure evil.

I'm thinking he made some deal with death at some point but then wanted more... Dark stuff.

I think the frosting represented blood.... Did anyone notice the people eating angel? And that he was next to the litches amber? So much disturbing with that scene lol

Needs more Ice King though, hasn't been enough of him lately.

He's the star of the next episode I believe.
Edited by Drede on 5/23/2013 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yay! n_n
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
05/24/2013 06:41 AMPosted by Killercaitie
Yay! n_n

I have a hard time picturing that gas mask smiling...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]