Server Transfer

71 Night Elf Rogue
So I intend to transfer my main to Feathermoon when I get paid tomorrow but I had some questions about certain things and where better to ask than the forums? So do I keep everything in my inventory and bank? Does my rep stay at the same place? I'm in the brew of the month club, will that transfer with me as well?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
So do I keep everything in my inventory and bank? Does my rep stay at the same place? I'm in the brew of the month club, will that transfer with me as well?

The contents of your character's bag, bank, and void storage will transfer with you. Reputation should remain the same except guild reputation which resets (although I've heard it no longer resets with character transfers anymore). The Brew of the Month club is achievement-related and should transfer with you as well. There's more information in the FAQ. :)

What will transfer with my character?
The contents of your character’s bags, bank, and void storage
Your character’s currencies including gold, honor, justice, valor, and conquest
Your character’s achievements and achievement points (including account-wide achievements)
Your character’s personal mounts (for example: class-specific mounts, Gladiator mounts, etc...)
Your character’s hidden ratings (MMR, BG Rating, etc)

What will not transfer with my character?
Your character’s quest log will be cleared completely.
Account-wide pets and mounts remain with the original Battle.net account. *only applies to account character transfers*
Character friends and ignore lists will be reset.
User interface settings (macros, character-specific key bindings, etc...) will be reset.
Guild affiliation does not transfer (unless you perform a Guild Master Realm Transfer).

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/character-transfer-faq#q11
Edited by Novalas on 1/3/2013 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
83 Worgen Warrior
01/03/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Rignor
So I intend to transfer my main to Feathermoon when I get paid tomorrow but I had some questions about certain things and where better to ask than the forums? So do I keep everything in my inventory and bank? Does my rep stay at the same place? I'm in the brew of the month club, will that transfer with me as well?

As the link Nova put up says; all of the stuff you mentioned will be the same.

It won't let you transfer a character with mail, so clear that out first.
Reply Quote
14 Draenei Shaman

It won't let you transfer a character with mail, so clear that out first.

Yes, clearing your mail is a must. Also make sure you don't have any outstanding auctions.

Rep will be fine unless you switch factions. I think there is a bug with the argent tourny from WotLK. But those will get reset only if you switch factions.

Your guild rep will change (as if you are joining a new guild), unless your guild is going with you, then it will be the same.
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Rogue
So how it says it will clear the quest log, will quests ive already completed appear incomplete when i go there now? Like should I go ahead and get the achievement for all of pandaria before i transfer?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/03/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Rignor
So how it says it will clear the quest log, will quests ive already completed appear incomplete when i go there now? Like should I go ahead and get the achievement for all of pandaria before i transfer?

All the quests you've completed before the transfer will remain that way.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
When you arrive at your new Server Destination, upon exiting the Log in screen, the following may occur:

-Goblins will take all your money.
-Kobolds will take all of your gear.
-That guy in Stormwind that always compliments you on your vast mount collection will have taken every single one! Leaving you with nothing but an Unarmored Gryphon that isn't even scaled to fly!
-You'll be automatically faction changed without notice and only given the option to play as a Female Orc.
-Professions will be set to zero. Including ALL secondary professions! Have fun fishing to 600 again!... Don't even get me started on Archaeology [because you only get one dig a site now].
-All Reputations will be set to Hated.
-Flight Paths wont work.
-Vendors that sell Flying Skills can not be reached on foot.
-You will be unable to join a guild.
-Your UI will prevent the use of all Addon Modifications.
-Ticket Submission queue times will be no shorter then 2 months.
-And to top it all off, everyone that was on your Real ID list... DELETED!

Muhahahahahahahahahahaha.

<Clears Throat> Thank you for Flying Server Transfer Express! Have a Nice Day! ^ ^
Edited by Danny on 1/3/2013 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
01/03/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Danny

But then you can just take their candle
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
01/03/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Jurani

But then you can just take their candle

Shhhhhhh, don't let him know!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
01/03/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Vasparian

Nope they won't. Argent tourny resets.

Argent Tournament only resets if you change Factions, since it is a Faction specific Event. Change factions, and you will have to start from scratch.

However, if by some odd chance you decide to switch back to your Original faction, everything thing you did Argent Tournament wise will be put back to how it was when you left it behind the first time. Since the data is saved Via your Faction.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
01/03/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Rignor

Everything will stay intact for you. It will be like logging in one day to find a bunch of new player names on the server, and you will no longer be in a guild of course. Brew of the month shouldn't depend on any given server, I've done a few server changes myself and nothing really changes for the most part. The only time rep would ever be effected is on a Faction change, and even then the amount of rep would stay the same. It would be converted to the other Factions version of that rep.
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
Oh, hey, Rig! Good to see that you're bringing your other toons over!

(<--Keija)
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Rogue
When you arrive at your new Server Destination, upon exiting the Log in screen, the following may occur:

-Goblins will take all your money.
-That guy in Stormwind that always compliments you on your vast mount collection will have taken every single one! Leaving you with nothing but an Unarmored Gryphon that isn't even scaled to fly!
-You'll be automatically faction changed without notice and only given the option to play as a Female Orc.
-Professions will be set to zero. Including ALL secondary professions! Have fun fishing to 600 again!... Don't even get me started on Archaeology [because you only get one dig a site now].
-All Reputations will be set to Hated.
-Flight Paths wont work.
-Vendors that sell Flying Skills can not be reached on foot.
-You will be unable to join a guild.
-Your UI will prevent the use of all Addon Modifications.
-Ticket Submission queue times will be no shorter then 2 months.
-And to top it all off, everyone that was on your Real ID list... DELETED!

Muhahahahahahahahahahaha.

<Clears Throat> Thank you for Flying Server Transfer Express! Have a Nice Day! ^ ^

I KNEW IT I KNEW IT, IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!! NICE TRY BLIZZARD I'LL BE KEEPING MY SEMI-HARD EARNED MONEY
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
01/03/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Vasparian

Nope they won't. Argent tourny resets.

Most of argent tourney are dailies, there's nothing to be reset. Are you certain you're thinking of a server transfer and not a faction transfer?
Reply Quote
10 Troll Warlock
01/03/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Danny
There is nothing wrong with this. Especially if they dance on the mailboxes for us.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]