Starter account to Battlechest (important)

19 Pandaren Rogue
If I upgrade my starter account to Battlechest, will the game upgrade auto or will blizzard send me a game code to enter???
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/16/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Satsukide
If I upgrade my starter account to Battlechest, will the game upgrade auto or will blizzard send me a game code to enter???

Your account should be upgraded automatically.
Edited by Monmonn on 12/16/2012 10:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
It depends on how you upgrade:

Buying a boxed copy from amazon or a physical store will require that you enter the code from inside the box into your WoW account on Battle.net. Note: If you do it this way, don't use the CD's for installation, they are basically coasters or cheap microwave fireworks (disclaimer: will ruin microwave & cause sparks, maybe even fire). You already have the full and complete game on your computer, your account status on battle.net is what's preventing you from accessing the locked bits of the game.

Buying a digital "copy" (really just the code to upgrade) from Blizzard's online store: You'll get a code sent to you by e-mail, which you will then have to enter into your WoW account on battle.net

Upgrading directly through battle.net is an automatic upgrade, no codes. Though this method will take up to 72 hours for all the restrictions to lift. Basically, whenever your bank/credit card company tells Blizzard that your payment is good, then the social restrictions will be lifted.
Edited by Avanna on 12/16/2012 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
19 Pandaren Rogue
will this mean i get to keep my lvl 19 Pandaren Rogue and lvl it to lvl 80??
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/16/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Satsukide

You never lose anything for upgrading. You will keep everything you have, and yes you'll be able to play it up to level 80.
Reply Quote
19 Pandaren Rogue
Ty man you guys are helpful keep it up!!!!!
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Satsukide

Absolutely. The only time you EVER lose your characters is if they get intentionally deleted from the character selection menu in-game. Otherwise, they will always persist, through account conversions, application of expansion packs, account inactivity periods, etc.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
12/17/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Icedragon
RAF recruitment is not allowed in this forum. Read the rules before trying to poach newbies.

Sounds to me he's simply suggesting it, what if he didn't know there was such a thing as RaF ? Suggestion RaF to a completely new player is absolutely fine, as is explaining what it does, how to get it ( or simply directing them to the official RaF FAQ ). Making a thread however on this forum is not allowed and should be placed on the guild/realm forums.

Next time before trying to act like a forum MOD, read the rules yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Actually suggesting a new player RAF with you is completely against the rules. Using this forum for RAF recruiting in any way is not allowed. You're telling the person who made the sticky against RAF to look at the forum rules?
Edited by Monmonn on 12/17/2012 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/17/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Monmonn
You're telling the person who made the sticky against RAF to look at the forum rules?

I laughed harder than I should at this.

And yes, I am the author of the "RAF is not allowed here" sticky at the top of this forum.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
12/17/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Monmonn
Actually suggesting RAF to a new player is completely against the rules. Using this forum for RAF in any way is not allowed.

Let's not be quite so hasty with a rush to make blanket statements.

Suggesting that a new player look into the RAF promotion is perfectly reasonable - it would get them into the game much faster.

Offering to RAF another player or looking for somebody to RAF you... yes, those aren't allowed.
"As with other situations, the key seems to be giving Jayne a heavy stick and standing back." -- Inara
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I apologize, my wording could be taken either way. When I said suggesting raf I meant suggesting that they raf with them. Of course telling a player to look into the RAF program is perfectly acceptable.

Soliciting them however, is not.

Edited my previous post.
Edited by Monmonn on 12/17/2012 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
12/17/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Monmonn
I apologize, my wording could be taken either way.

Entirely understood - and appreciated. :)
"Real men (and tauren) wear kilts" -- Pahanda
Reply Quote
64 Human Paladin
Just one more thing, if you buy the digital copy, there is no code, or e-mail, your account is just automatically upgraded.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/18/2012 12:36 AMPosted by Kastinah
Just one more thing, if you buy the digital copy, there is no code, or e-mail, your account is just automatically upgraded.

That was already stated multiple times.
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage
I wish i had the money to upgrade:(
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage
for i can make monks, but know i can only go to lvl 20:(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
02/08/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Doritome
for i can make monks, but know i can only go to lvl 20:(

If you have a question please make a new thread. You're just bumping an old thread for no reason.

You can't make monks if you don't have mists of pandaria.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]