I wish Resto Druid Mastery was different

90 Blood Elf Priest
12/18/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Dargonkin
Middle of the road for me on that. Tranq, by itself, is inferior by far to HTT. Not sure where DH fits into the trifecta, but I assume it is similar in throughput to Tranq. Tranq's only saving grace is you can greatly improve it via other CDs / shaman symbiosis, as it can actually hold it's own and outheal the raw HTT when combined with NV or ToL and even move while channeling with Spiritwalkers Grace. The problem with Tranq and DH though is the channeling requirement; the shaman can cast other spells while HTT is active. Remove the channel on Tranq and DH; make them a buff on the caster that has the same effect but since it isn't a channel the druid / priest can move and cast other spells as well.

DH is better cus it's frontloaded and gives a 10% buff to healing taken on each target for 6 secs (maybe a different duration). Tranq is the lower of the three because it doesn't benefit from mastery as well as HTT does and doesn't hit as hard/fast as DH (and without the buff to subsequent healing)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
12/21/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Keirisonis
Tranq is the lower of the three because it doesn't benefit from mastery

Wait... Why doesn't tranq benefit from mastery? Did I miss something huge here?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/21/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Fleurs
Tranq is the lower of the three because it doesn't benefit from mastery

It doesn't benefit AS WELL. Only the hot after the first burst gets the harmony bonus. DH gets the full benefit of the hot from hpriest mastery and HTT benefits completely from shaman mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
12/21/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Keirisonis

It doesn't benefit AS WELL. Only the hot after the first burst gets the harmony bonus. DH gets the full benefit of the hot from hpriest mastery and HTT benefits completely from shaman mastery.

Now I have to check this. Is the frontal healing from Tranq not considered a direct heal or something?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Now I have to check this. Is the frontal healing from Tranq not considered a direct heal or something?

Not certain. Had a resto friend tell me he wasn't noticing a change in numbers when he reforged away haste for a chunk of mastery (he was well below the haste breakpoint and couldn't reach it) or when he reforged mastery away to as low as he could get it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC

Not certain. Had a resto friend tell me he wasn't noticing a change in numbers when he reforged away haste for a chunk of mastery (he was well below the haste breakpoint and couldn't reach it) or when he reforged mastery away to as low as he could get it.

I think you're getting confused in your original post, our mastery is not simply Harmony, it's also a buff to our direct heals. Those burst heals (lol burst) are counted as direct, so it IS benefiting from mastery.

I think your druid friend needs to look at the amount it's healing for more closely when he's comparing things, along with taking into consideration just how much mastery he's gaining/losing when he does so. Because anywhere from ~3%-~5% mastery gain/lose is probably not going to be noticeable by just looking at healthbars.

Just tested, 34.9 direct heal w/out mastery buff
35.9 direct heal w/ mastery buff
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I think you're getting confused in your original post, our mastery is not simply Harmony, it's also a buff to our direct heals. Those burst heals (lol burst) are counted as direct, so it IS benefiting from mastery.

I think your druid friend needs to look at the amount it's healing for more closely when he's comparing things, along with taking into consideration just how much mastery he's gaining/losing when he does so. Because anywhere from ~3%-~5% mastery gain/lose is probably not going to be noticeable by just looking at healthbars.

Just tested, 34.9 direct heal w/out mastery buff
35.9 direct heal w/ mastery buff

Huh. Well then. Was wrong about that, but mastery for a druid still doesn't scale as well as a shaman's mastery can. It'd have to be about a 40% increase when people are below 40% hp when people are below 40% health for it to be equal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I put out SM + WG right before tranq, I combine tranq with vigil and sometimes an int pot. Nobody comes close to death :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/17/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Jezebella
Only 20% (8/40) of your raid was healers instead of 24% (6/25). (Disclaimer: Your raid numbers may vary.)

You definitely didn't manage raids in vanilla. 14-16 out of 40 would be more accurate. With that in mind, rdruids didn't heal with their HoTs either back then...all they really did was spam healing touch rank 4.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Now, I don't know if I would implement this as a mastery change that would impact all of our hots, because that's a pretty drastic class overhaul that would need a large balance effort.

However, I would personally redesign Regrowth to do exactly this, and then tweak Healing Touch to fulfill the void left behind.

That would sort of destroy rdruid pvp.

12/18/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Jezebella
Yes exactly, it used to be a great spell. It's not as strong as it once was though, didn't scale appropriately. So it's not powerful enough to be considered a raid cooldown, but the cooldown is too long to be a normal part of our rotation. It's awkward.

It's not a nerf to tranq, it's a nerf to raid cooldowns abroad. It is still extremely powerful, the periods of raidwide damage just tend to last sightly longer than it's full duration now rather than burst and stop (like grand empress' dissonance fields) which felt a little more present in the past.

12/18/2012 06:52 PMPosted by Adriael
To fix tranq we need to have it hit hard and fast on the first tick and then tapper off a bit like the way wildgrowth does.

That's not how that raid cooldown...or DH or HST are designed. It wouldn't really be a fix it would just accomodate it as an "o-!@#$" sightly more than current version. Then again, "O %^-* buttons" are meant to be those NS and NS-like single target abilities. The only raid cooldown that is kind of also an "o-!@#$" button is Revival (MWs) and it is currently %^-*ing 25m MWers over because it splits to everyone and does meaningless burst heal in that scenario.

12/18/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Ayuuxo
I would have to agree. I used it on the Wind Lord Mel'jarak encounter and his Rain of Blades were cutting through Tranquility at the last phase. I would have to stop the cast because I almost died while channeling; it just wasn't keeping up on damage. It was on normal too. =(

Excepted, that's how wind lord's P2 is designed in normal. I'm pre calling out what all raid cooldowns we will be using for each and every "next rain of blades". You don't need to be at full health when it ends. There's little to no non-tank damage after rain of blades...you just have to live through.

If anything, if you don't barkskin when you tranq rain of blades, the pushback from the AoE alone significantly decreases the burst provided.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/21/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Fleurs

Pretty sure it is.

12/21/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Keirisonis
Huh. Well then. Was wrong about that, but mastery for a druid still doesn't scale as well as a shaman's mastery can. It'd have to be about a 40% increase when people are below 40% hp when people are below 40% health for it to be equal.

I'm honestly unsure where you get your numbers from here... neither your comment about shaman mastery fully scaling. In order to "fully scale" targets' health would have to be of 0%. In relation to other healers' mastery and if I remember from an old post made by GC, in order to balance the fact that mastery is never fully efficient, it scales at give or take twice the rate of what would be a pure healing mastery. Meaning in comparison to other healers, the relative value of full scale is when people are at exactly 50%. with it overscaling under and underscaling above. I think you are significantly overestimating the mastery scaling of HTT as though every scenario in which it is used, there would always be 5 people below 50% everytime it ticks for it's whole duration.

Anyway all in all the issue with the class at the moment isn't tranquility(or the mastery either). It's primarily the lack of a viable raid heal when WG is on cooldown and, to a much lesser extent when you don't outgear the content, the terribad synergy of HoTs with the increasing pool of intelligent heals.

The only questionning about mastery, is the scaling factor. Hpriests and Rdruids mastery scale at a 1.25% per "point of mastery" (the UI changes somewhat hides the old system but it is still how it works) versus the whooping 1.5% of hpal. Sure hpal's mastery doesn't affect all their heal...but it has godly synergy with efficiency which the hot component of both Rdruids and hpriests mastery doesn't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
We have always been a mobility HoT Healer. Mastery should boost our Hots ONLY or give it a bigger chance to crit
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]