Been away for about 10+ days juggling work, but kept reading w/out posting here. We're inching ever closer to 5.2, and it's astonishing and disheartening at the same time to see that we've seen zero mechanical changes after any moonkin patch notes were first introduced.
I'm gonna try and post another long on here that sort of shows my stance on things as they stand right now - since my initial post and a few more in between.
I'll preface my gripe by asking this: Moonkins, in your world, seem to be the perfect spec. They've received minimal changes since MoP in live, and they're seeing a few adjustments in 5.2, even though those said adjustments have raised a lot of questions in the minds of the same moonkin players who have been extremely patient, and highly constructive with feedback. My post may sound condescending, and it is probably so, but in all honesty, I'm fed up with devs not replying to even a single moonkin issue that has been raised since MoP release.
1. I'm assuming moonkins have the perfect DPS rotation and spell interactivity because they need zero glyphs to enhance and/or alter their DPS spells via means of Glyphs - a very important feature for just about everyone else.
2. I'm assuming Moonkins are your wild card - because we're also the unique spec that has zero value for their mastery under perfect conditions - for 50% of the duration of an encounter. Of course, in less than perfect conditions (i.e. just about all the time), mastery has an absolute zero value (read: the out of eclipse phase) more than 50% of the time in game.
3. Moonkin AOE is already suffering, and yet, we've seen zero QoL (not DPS) changes on mushrooms, or hurricane/astral storm. The latter 2 are the oldest "mechanic" AE in the game still - i.e. target reticule based AE which is stationery and channeled. I guess we need a page out of Vanilla WoW for nostalgic purposes, so why not let moonkins be the historians.
4. The changing rotation type set bonuses are not at all fun and they should be done with. This was already mentioned in Beta - many many times - and you happily chose to go ahead with our current 4-Pc anyway. First, our rotation changed when we got our existing 4-PC, at least this time, it was for the better. Now with T15, the rotation will change yet again.
We (as in players, not particularly me) did warn you about this in Beta that rotation-changing set bonuses are NOT good, but you seemingly didn't listen.
5. Breaking synergy of two spells on two tiers is not good - either break it off completely (i.e. remove them stacking) and buff the spells individually, or make do with the synergy staying intact and changing the frequency / output. One of the choices on the DPS cooldown tier, SOTF, does not scale with gear, and as such, will never be as good as the other two counterparts. Isn't that what you want to do away with? For choices to be as close as possible?
6. Is there please any form of communication about DoC and/or HOTW that we can receive? They're both just impossible to squeeze out in PVE encounters, or make the gameplay just needlessly complicated. You have simplified Feral a lot because it was too high a skillcap, and Balance is getting right there.
As Cyous has pointed out already - this spec has way too small a margin for error, and when you play absolutely perfectly, then you're about middle of the pack. All of these tiny things are adding up and making the spec un-fun. Please devs, I'm happy being middle of the pack, but with when I put in a lot more effort into my spec than many others, and yet get abysmal result due to relaxing for maybe 3-4 seconds - it gets really frustrating.
Edit: Also, Frogs get new model updates before Moonkins. :( /cry
Edited by Owlcapwn on 1/24/2013 6:31 PM PST