Brawler's Arena cooldowns

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
Can we please have our cooldowns reset upon finishing a Brawler's Arena fight (win or lose)? It's kinda annoying having to wait several minutes between fights with nothing to do but sit there when no one else is brawling.

PS: I hate the Dark Summoner.
90 Human Rogue
Yes please. I've had this problem too.
90 Worgen Warrior
Can we please have our cooldowns reset upon finishing a Brawler's Arena fight (win or lose)? It's kinda annoying having to wait several minutes between fights with nothing to do but sit there when no one else is brawling.

PS: I hate the Dark Summoner.

I would also find this very beneficial.

P.S.
I hated the Dark Summoner, too. But I finally got him. I wanted to fight him again just to reassure the victory!
Community Manager
We are happy with the way cooldowns currently work for abilities in the Brawler’s Guild. Most of them should reset by the time the next fight begins (Yes, not all do but most fall into this category). Right now we don’t want to expand what types of content are given the free temporary respec and cooldown resets. Adding these to an element of PvE might lead to a slippery slope.
90 Human Rogue
12/24/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Brennvin
We are happy with the way cooldowns currently work for abilities in the Brawler’s Guild. Most of them should reset by the time the next fight begins (Yes, not all do but most fall into this category). Right now we don’t want to expand what types of content are given the free temporary respec and cooldown resets. Adding these to an element of PvE might lead to a slippery slope.

I can understand but the time between your matches might not be very predictable meaning you either have to sit there or take your chances that your cooldowns will be ready by the next match.
90 Orc Death Knight
can we get some sort of full buff system at least, or let there be a brawlers soulwell. Or is the intention to remove these group buffs.

and if the queues are short enough that you arent having 10min cds up every fight you really dont have much to complain about
Edited by Rhododendron on 12/24/2012 5:13 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
actually, brawlers is empty right now (no queues) and I spend the majority of my time in there sitting around waiting for CD's to reset.

On my shaman I am sitting around for *at least* 5 mins after every fight waiting for my CD's, If I've won a previous fight then I am sitting around for 10 mins. I spend the vast majority of my time in Brawler's sitting around.

Brawlers is already it's own little self-contained thing with a host of spells disabled/unavailable, it's neither pve nor pvp. I fail to see how this would lead to a "slippery slope".
90 Pandaren Monk
just say no to underground blood sports!

....you should be out slaughtering free range mobs not those poor caged mobs!
90 Orc Death Knight
12/24/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Nikeisha
actually, brawlers is empty right now (no queues) and I spend the majority of my time in there sitting around waiting for CD's to reset.

it is literally christmas eve. any sort of lines you see right now would be quite irregular. The system as is works well IMO. The only fights you need your long cds up are in the final few ranks, and even then proper playing will get you a lot further than an AotD.
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/24/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Brennvin

Um, most 5+ minute cooldowns as well as all battle rez's reset after a raid boss dies or wipes you, as well as killing a boss clearing sated. Its already in PvE. And frankly for a good reason, sitting around waiting for cooldowns isn't fun nor does it add anything
90 Night Elf Monk

Those poor caged mobs are usually slaughtering us.
90 Worgen Warlock
Please, make the CDs reset after a fight... just, please, do it... Very often im alone there, doing nothing but waiting my CDs to queue again... Its very annoying.
90 Undead Warlock

Those poor caged mobs are usually slaughtering us.

Ain't that the truth.
Community Manager
12/24/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Ðemolition

Um, most 5+ minute cooldowns as well as all battle rez's reset after a raid boss dies or wipes you, as well as killing a boss clearing sated. Its already in PvE. And frankly for a good reason, sitting around waiting for cooldowns isn't fun nor does it add anything

With short queues, it's understandable that this can be frustrating. As it populates though, you shouldn't really notice it.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Reset all cooldowns (ALL OF THEM) after a win/loss, give us Brawler's Healthstones from the potion vendor and some sort of combined mega-buff that combines all the class buffs that is just perma when you enter the instance. Or make the mega-buff a consumable purchasable at x rank.

Waiting for cooldowns adds absolutely nothing to gameplay and actively detracts from it. Remember how awful it was waiting on battle rezzes, on waiting for DK army on super tight dps fights, waiting on Doomguard, waiting on Bloodlust. All of that was terrible in raids. It's still terrible in Brawler's Guild.
Edited by Healbøt on 12/24/2012 5:45 PM PST
90 Worgen Warlock
12/24/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Brennvin

With short queues, it's understandable that this can be frustrating. As it populates though, you shouldn't really notice it.

Waiting around for 5 minutes because we're stuck in a queue (which adds nothing to the game either by the way unless you're on a RP server I guess) isn't any better them sitting around waiting for a CD to finish.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I want to add that I think the Brawler's Guild has been a great addition to the game and I've enjoyed it a lot. But the way it's set up now it turns what should be a good thing (short queues) into something bad because of the cooldown issue.
85 Troll Mage
If you can't win a fight that is meant to be a solo fight without blowing all your mid to long duration CDs; then you probably need to get better at playing your class.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wise words from someone who hasn't completed a single fight.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]