Brawler's Arena cooldowns

(Locked)

90 Tauren Death Knight
12/24/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Brennvin

Um, most 5+ minute cooldowns as well as all battle rez's reset after a raid boss dies or wipes you, as well as killing a boss clearing sated. Its already in PvE. And frankly for a good reason, sitting around waiting for cooldowns isn't fun nor does it add anything

With short queues, it's understandable that this can be frustrating. As it populates though, you shouldn't really notice it.

Pretty sure it's as "populated" as it's going to be. It's just a time killer nothing more and the lack of cd's resetting proves that. Really it's fine as it is being a timer killer which is better than killing time on dailies.
100 Blood Elf Priest

Um, most 5+ minute cooldowns as well as all battle rez's reset after a raid boss dies or wipes you, as well as killing a boss clearing sated. Its already in PvE. And frankly for a good reason, sitting around waiting for cooldowns isn't fun nor does it add anything

With short queues, it's understandable that this can be frustrating. As it populates though, you shouldn't really notice it.

That statement just addled my brain -_- What makes you think itll get populated, again (during its first week)?
100 Undead Rogue
ITT: people all alone and stuck on summoner
90 Troll Hunter

Right, and when is that supposed to happen again? Estimates when it first released were something like "Oh, a bunch of people should be in after a couple of weeks". Meanwhile on a high-pop servers invites still go for well over 50k and I never see invite sales being advertised in trade.
100 Human Paladin

Except the brawler's guild isn't really set up in a way that it will "populate", its really just a 1-time thing for most players until they hit a roadblock and never return- you'll occasionally get 10-minute queues but other times theres few other people there, if any. Even when it is crowded, its nearly impossible to accurately guess the queue times so half the time you have to leave the queue when you're next because one of your major cds still isn't up.

It was fun at first but it just sucks having to wait 10 minutes to try again because you got rng'd to death by Dark Summoner spawning a ghost on top of you.
90 Troll Hunter
12/24/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Sumcallmetim
If you can't win a fight that is meant to be a solo fight without blowing all your mid to long duration CDs; then you probably need to get better at playing your class.

That's a joke, right? I'm not in yet but I've heard quite a few people saying some of the later fights have some pretty rough enrage timers. Asking for a CD like Army to reset is not too much to ask since that is, in fact, a major DPS cooldown.
90 Troll Priest

Right, and when is that supposed to happen again? Estimates when it first released were something like "Oh, a bunch of people should be in after a couple of weeks". Meanwhile on a high-pop servers invites still go for well over 50k and I never see invite sales being advertised in trade.

I've seen people trying to sell them for 5k in general chat, and it's 1k-8k on the BMAH. I'm pretty sure the Brawler's Guild is as populated as it's ever going to be, unless it becomes completely free at some point in the future.

Regardless, Brennvin's response seems more dismissal than anything else. "The solution is to get more of your friends doing it so the queue times are worse than your cooldowns." Nope.
Edited by Lothrik on 1/17/2013 3:50 AM PST
90 Human Priest

That... is a fairly pathetic excuse you have there. I don't even do Brawler's Guild enough to really care, personally, but I can tell when someone is grasping at straws.
10 Draenei Paladin
Hey, I was wondering if there were plans to change how the rank 8 fight Disruptron works for melee, and levitate. Right now, alliance melee/range can utilize levitate and completely avoid the lasers in the encounter, while horde side melee can use levitate but it works wonkily due to how the floors are uneven, whereas horde side range can use levitate and sit in a safe spot and avoid both levitate and the sonic rings as well, making it a standstill and dps fight.

The whole levitate thing to avoid lasers is really cheesy, and how the fight favors range far over melee kinda blows. It's near impossible to do it as melee without levitate.
90 Gnome Priest
If you can't win a fight that is meant to be a solo fight without blowing all your mid to long duration CDs; then you probably need to get better at playing your class.

obv you havn't Brawled.
1 Draenei Hunter
The solution to a problem being "Don't worry guys, when the queues get higher, your cooldowns will be back" might be the most unintentionally funny thing I've ever seen on these forums. Wow. I think the mushrooms just kicked in....
90 Orc Death Knight

So let me get this right, using your classes abilities.....now makes you bad at your class.
91 Troll Druid

Those fights are meant for you to max out all your cds even your long cool down timers, due to the nature of their design. Not sure how you deluded yourself into thinking that . Maybe Sour Grapes?
90 Tauren Paladin
12/24/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Airc
PS: I hate the Dark Summoner.
I share your pain.
90 Night Elf Monk
12/24/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Nzhuv
ITT: people all alone and stuck on summoner

Battletron :[
100 Human Warlock
I have to agree, waiting on the 10 min cooldown reset is rather annoying. As far as the population issue, mine have only gotten shorter since the first week.

Admittedly I'm only really doing it a couple of times a week, but since said first week I don't think I've waited more than 3-4 fights for a turn. Most of the time it's been either waiting for one person or I get immediate entry.
100 Human Paladin
Should implement a system much like the Shieldwall/Domination commendations where I can purchase an NPC to give x buff, and add a druid and warlock mob to symbiosis and healthstone you, respectively.

As for CDs? Meh, I've found times where I've had to afk and wait for them, but that's usually when it's the middle of the morning or during work hours, or even during raid times when there is hardly anyone on or the vast majority of people that would do these sorts of things are busy.

Also, Disruptron needs his middle pillar removed. The amount of times I've been gibbed because he's wandered next to it when his soft enrage started and I've been killed because the orbs randomly spawn wherever they want from it? Worse RNG than Millhouse.
90 Goblin Death Knight

The brawlers guild will not populate. It is too short and a waste of gold which could be spent on valuable gear.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]