Brawler's Arena cooldowns

(Locked)

90 Human Death Knight
i find this whole thing sad.

What you all are asking for is this thing to be easy. you want to walk in day 1, get to r8 in 30 minutes and then complain there isnt anything challenging in the game.

Blizz has fallen off a bit, but you people havent exactly improved.
57 Gnome Warlock

What you all are asking for is this thing to be easy. you want to walk in day 1, get to r8 in 30 minutes and then complain there isnt anything challenging in the game.

There is nothing hard or engaging about waiting for a 5+ minute cooldown to reset. Please don't make it out as if that's the only thing that makes or breaks the Brawler's guild in terms of challenge. I mean sure, the only hard part so far is beating the enrage timer because they put in mechanics that are pants on head easy to follow, but that's not the point.
90 Human Mage
I agree completely, except that I've decided not to whine about it, since it's just a few minutes... you'll probably do better on your next match anyways if you stand up and stretch for a few minutes.

I'd whine, but I'd just be whining about either the bug where more people start fighting while you are >.< or lag and dying from ground effects being off for me >.< idk if it's my connection or computer, both are awesome, and have been historically awesome, but I have screenshot after screenshot of me dead well away from said ground effects >.< not that I'm meaning to whine, I'll get it eventually, or just not go back, w/e
90 Human Death Knight
With as little people who actually do Brawler's Guild on my server, I can only get in 6 attempts before my buffs fall off aswell as flasks then I might as well not try against rank 8 bosses unless I go into stormwind begging for buffs. I only have 1 more rank 8 boss then I'm done so I don't really care as much as I would if I hadn't killed any but I'm not only thinking about myself.
90 Human Warrior
12/24/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Brennvin
We are happy with the way cooldowns currently work for abilities in the Brawler’s Guild. Most of them should reset by the time the next fight begins (Yes, not all do but most fall into this category). Right now we don’t want to expand what types of content are given the free temporary respec and cooldown resets. Adding these to an element of PvE might lead to a slippery slope.

I would much rather the Brawler's Guild fights be treated like arena - and simply have all your CDs RESET when you get ported in for your fight. Some servers there are zero queues because of a lack of interest and you have to sit around and wait.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm enjoying it even though I'm stuck cause my thought of needing more dps so back to gear grind :P

Or maybe I need to have a better strategy?? will look into this!

It's all for fun at the end of the day :)

For the Horde!
90 Pandaren Shaman

You don't even know what you're saying. Cooldowns have nothing to do with skill, and this thread is about waiting for CDs to reset. When you get to high-end ranks you'd have to be insane to not wait for your CDs before queuing up. Your point is invalid.
70 Orc Death Knight
guys i need help on something can anyone help me?....
90 Human Death Knight
Posted by Ðemolition
We are happy with the way cooldowns currently work for abilities in the Brawler’s Guild. Most of them should reset by the time the next fight begins (Yes, not all do but most fall into this category). Right now we don’t want to expand what types of content are given the free temporary respec and cooldown resets. Adding these to an element of PvE might lead to a slippery slope.

Um, most 5+ minute cooldowns as well as all battle rez's reset after a raid boss dies or wipes you, as well as killing a boss clearing sated. Its already in PvE. And frankly for a good reason, sitting around waiting for cooldowns isn't fun nor does it add anything

With short queues, it's understandable that this can be frustrating. As it populates though, you shouldn't really notice it.

I usually agree with all the blue posts. But this one is kind of.. mehh. Please Blizz, reset cooldowns after fights. Just as it is in arenas, boss wipes, etc.
thanks
What they mean is that they intend brawlers guild to be a time and money sink for players. Smart players will of course wait for thier cooldowns to reset, adding to the time it takes them to reach new levels.

Just like everything else this expansion, the more bliz can occupy your time with mundain stuff, the better from thier point of view.

Just recap all the major global changes they've made in game. Lower caps for points, guild speed perks gone, all non drop gear gated behind dailies. I'm probably missing a few.
Edited by Mokei on 12/28/2012 2:19 AM PST
12/24/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Brennvin

Um, most 5+ minute cooldowns as well as all battle rez's reset after a raid boss dies or wipes you, as well as killing a boss clearing sated. Its already in PvE. And frankly for a good reason, sitting around waiting for cooldowns isn't fun nor does it add anything

With short queues, it's understandable that this can be frustrating. As it populates though, you shouldn't really notice it.

I don't think the brawling arena will ever populate for me. Even with CRZ, there's usually only 1-2 other people fighting, while everyone else is afk, or the area is simply empty.
90 Gnome Mage
The harder fights are designed to use all your cooldowns to win. Therefore, you NEED them up when you go in there or you'll just hit the enrage timer. There is no reason they shouldn't reset the moment you port in there.

Personally, I've lost interest on my Paladin doing Brawlers because of the long waits on cooldowns. And BTW Blizzard, it is not getting more populated....there are less people doing it now then when it came out.
90 Human Warrior
i like watching fights in between cd's

))
90 Human Warrior
Honestly i wish i had the same problems as some of you guys do. For i have not once had to wait on my CDs because my queue times are constantly 10min+ so having to wait a measly 5minutes after your match for your CDs sounds like a deal to me!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/24/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Brennvin

Phew! Thank sweet Baby Jesus that THEY are happy with what they have! I couldn't imagine what kind of slippery slopes we would be on if they actually tended to the PLAYER BASE for once! It would be absolutely insane.
Hi I'm Activision. And I'm in your gamez takin' your moniez.
90 Orc Warrior
12/24/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Brennvin
populates
"Populates"
90 Worgen Warlock

I find it sad that you think you actually need more than 2-3 min CDs to reach rank 8.

Didn't even use dark soul until dark summoner. Dropped doomguard for the first time on battletron.

It's slightly annoying to have to wait 10 minutes for my doomguard cd (because R8 fight are actually a tight enrage) when there's no one else queuing. If there's a bunch of people queuing, then yeah, whatever I was going to wait anyway.

But you haven't even made it to rank 7, so what do you even know about cooldowns being an issue at higher ranks?

don't even get me started on my doomguard dying to random AoEs that it SHOULD take reduced damage from (looking at your music discs epicus maximus)
Edited by Shelldoor on 1/1/2013 8:45 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]