Why was my thread locked?

(Locked)

100 Goblin Mage
EDIT AGAIN: The original content of this post is no longer relevant or true. Instead, I'll mention another former thread title and leave it at that: "I'm a whiny crybaby."

Oh yeah, and the other title I was going to use: "Blizzard DOES care about you!"

Seriously. Nicest. Mod. Ever.
Edited by Manabender on 12/27/2012 3:37 PM PST
I feel ya, but sadly this thread will be locked.

Blizzard has millions of subs. They can't get personal with everyone.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Hmmmmm. Interestingly enough, I feel that Blizzard DOES care about me.
69 Pandaren Monk
After two days of trying the hardest I've ever tried to maintain a thread in hopes it would have some remote chance of improving WoW, I've arrived at a sad conclusion.

Blizzard doesn't give a dang. At no time in the recent past has Blizzard ever actually cared that you, me, your friends, or my friends (wait, what friends?) play this game. The only thing they care about is that you pay for it.

No, I don't know when this started. No, I don't know if there was a time when this was different. (Beta maybe? I hope?)

Let me explain. I crunched numbers, rummaged for information, and presented purely-factual proof (based on a couple assumptions) of a clear and present issue that Blizzard would be wise to fix. I tried my darnedest to avoid the thread being offensive in any way; despite overwhelming urges to do the opposite, I responded to almost every player counterargument made, and did so in a way such that I never attacked the player him/herself, only his/her statements. (Which is the entire point of such debate.) (To be honest, I may have failed at not attacking the player on a few occasions...All I can do is apologize.)

It took a lot out of me.

And then it got locked. The thread in question is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415794748

All I asked, Blizzard, was for an actual response. Yet you deny me even that. I have no way of knowing why this thread I worked so hard on was locked. I even checked my e-mail, in hopes that the reason was there. No luck.

Thus, I must assume the worst. *points to topic title*

I'm giving you your chance to redeem yourself Blizzard. All I want is a reason. That's all. You will never, ever see me bring up the issue again if I can get just one post from you, with your comments on the issue.

If you can give me that, you have my permission to change the topic title to "Blizzard DOES care about you!", because that will reflect my new outlook. (I know, Blizzard doesn't actually need my permission to do that, but this way, you guys know the edit actually DID come from my mouth. (Keyboard. Whatever.))

I really, really want to like you, Blizzard. I keep trying to tell myself I still like you, but I'm finding it harder and harder to believe myself. Proportionally, I'm finding it harder and harder to rummage up another $30 for a time card for when my current one expires in a month and a quarter.

If the thread title is a true statement, I can be pretty sure that this thread will be locked - if not outright deleted - in a relatively short time span. I'll probably also get a forum ban. So be it; if the thread title is true, then I don't need to use the forums anymore, simply because there's no point.

Cool story bro
90 Worgen Warrior
1. You're conceited.

2. There more than likely monitoring the weapon drop rate for players. Perceived inequality may not actually be as present among players.
Edited by Jessebella on 12/27/2012 2:13 PM PST
10 Human Rogue
They're on holiday. Is it hard to believe that you wouldn't get a response when everyone's at home with their families?
Give a player everything he/she wants and they wont be playing for long

Don't give a player what he/she wants and they wont be playing for long

Answer: Give the player the chance of getting what they want, along with some dissatisfaction of not getting what they want.
90 Pandaren Monk
12/27/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Manabender
purely-factual proof (based on a couple assumptions)

This part made me snort-chuckle a bit.

Yeah, RNG can suck, welcome to a lesson from MMO 101.

12/27/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Manabender
If the thread title is a true statement, I can be pretty sure that this thread will be locked

Nah, it'll be locked because you're posting about a locked thread.
100 Troll Hunter
They changed your title because it was violating forum rules (as is this one). They could have just locked/deleted it then, but because they changed it, to me, that meant they wanted to see more discussion on it, before stepping in.

You changed it back. Don't violate forum rules.

Note: I agreed with your findings, I would expect this to not have a quick resolution though

12/27/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Draugjin
Yeah, RNG can suck, welcome to a lesson from MMO 101.

The point was, it sucked for some specs less than others, for no reason other than loot table bloat.
Edited by Verdash on 12/27/2012 2:16 PM PST
Demanding a blue response is a good way to get a thread locked.

Creating a thread about a locked thread is a good way to get a thread locked.

Thinking Blizzard doesn't care because they didn't get down on their hands and knees with 2 days of your post to beg your forgiveness for not designing their game to your satisifaction is sheer stupidity and conceit.

You might not like the way the numbers fall out statistically but that doesn't mean that the actual result in game isn't meeting Blizzard's expectations and design. If it starts to fail to meet that, then Blizzard will change things.

By the way, you still don't need the weapon to continue the legendary quest chain.
63 Draenei Shaman
12/27/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Manabender
They're on holiday. Is it hard to believe that you wouldn't get a response when everyone's at home with their families?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415494926#5

There's a Blizzard post from only 1 hour ago. SOMEBODY is home.

So you think you're entitled to a blue response? lol

They usually always avoid topics like that on any criticism, even if they're good suggestions. and making another thread about it is likely to get you banned
90 Worgen Warrior
12/27/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Verdash
The point was, it sucked for some specs less than others, for no reason other than loot table bloat.

She should still leave her attitude at the door.

She can write as well and through as she wants, but it's there, and it's annoying.
100 Blood Elf Mage
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415494926#5

There's a Blizzard post from only 1 hour ago. SOMEBODY is home.

You do realize that forum moderators cannot comment on something like your post, right? They can tell the devs that someone has shown some interesting findings, has a problem, fill in the blank with whatever larger problems that don't have a simple already known answer. Some moderators may be in, some lower devs may be, but there isn't going to be a large group of people working right now. Even in my SO's smaller company, there isn't a full group there, just a skeleton crew.

Like it or not, it is the holidays and the people that are floating around probably can't give you the answers you seek. I'm sorry that you feel as if someone doesn't care, but it's just how it is. People are at home with their families right now.
90 Orc Shaman
You were an idiot for re-editing the thread title (twice!) and then calling out Blizzard for specifically not posting in your thread in a rather long post.

And if you're really having trouble with Elegon or Ta'yak, and your raid is similarly geared to you, then your raid is terrible, and your time "crunching numbers" and "rummaging for information" would be far better spent on figuring out why your raid is stuck on bosses that you severely outgear.
90 Troll Rogue
I still don't see why it was locked.

All you did was point out that certain classes have higher chances (in terms of probability) of obtaining a sha-touched weapon than others --- either due to not as many other drops in the loot table of that particular boss or only having one option of a weapon or both, which I think is a legitimate issue.
90 Blood Elf Mage
OP, creating another thread about a previously locked thread is going to possibly garner a vacation from the forums.

Tread lightly, my friend....the locked thread should've warned ya to leave it alone.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]