Message 2 Blizz about Real Life Threats forum

(Locked)

About your forum on Real Life Threats. I've been recieving those ever since i joined the server known as Moon Guard, yet every time i open a ticket or report it i never get a responce f5rom a GM and i see those said players the next day and everyday for about a week or so. Has Blizzard Entetainment GM's stopped caring? I think so. P.S. I am still waiting on a responce for the ticket i submitted yesterday relating to this issue.
77 Worgen Warrior
I think they have, they ignore valid complaints from me, but give out bans for the stupidest things like disagreeing with them. (Not going to name names or who was banned, at fear of being banned, but I've seen them do it.) They are starting to remind me of the 12 year olds on gmod that use their moms credit card and pay 20$ for admin then do whatever they please, ban innocents and most importantly don't do anything about those who actually break rules.
90 Human Mage
when they punish someone because of a ticket you submit (bans, warnings, or otherwise) they never tell you that they did that. It's part of their policy. It's entirely possible that every single person you've ever reported was banned and you just never heard about it. At best you'll get a "we've received your feedback and will look into it", but you will NEVER get a "hey we totally banned [name] be sure not to send him in game mail and taunt him about it because we know that all of our players are mature and this would never happen"

PS - I've never been banned for disagreeing with a GM. I lost my furbolg rod when I race changed after cata, and I raised hell and argued with many GMs, and was never so much as even warned.

think they have, they ignore valid complaints from me, but give out bans for the stupidest things like disagreeing with them. (Not going to name names or who was banned, at fear of being banned, but I've seen them do it.) They are starting to remind me of the 12 year olds on gmod that use their moms credit card and pay 20$ for admin then do whatever they please, ban innocents and most importantly don't do anything about those who actually break rules.

I completely agree. You know i've been waiting on my life threatening ticket since yesterday morning? Also freaking WrA is full of jerks. I was trying to have a civilased RP in Gurubashi Arena and a guild must have seen my advertisement in general chat so a guild of 90's came and continued to kill us for a couple hours. I reported them all for grieving but no action has been taken yet as far as i can tell...

the response you're probably going to get is "PvP in a PvP area/PvP server"
rule of thumb is: if pvp is causing you problems, and those problems can be solved with more pvp, it's not griefing. "but I'm level 10 and being camped by an entire raid of 90s!" is still within the realm of "can be solved with pvp"
Edited by Wenchy on 12/28/2012 8:33 PM PST
90 Human Mage
12/28/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Amêlià
Moon Guard is RP server.

The gurubashi arena is a PvP free for all, so even if you're on a PvE server, going there and then reporting everyone who engages you in PvP is just asinine. It's like running around in front of the other faction's city with your pvp flag turned on and expecting everyone who attacks you to get banned
Edited by Wenchy on 12/28/2012 8:41 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
12/28/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Wenchy
Moon Guard is RP server.

not only is it still not griefing because PvP is still a part of the game (even on PvE servers) but you've got the easy option of simply waiting till your PvP flag drops.

But regardless of what server you're on, announcing in trade chat that you're going to the gurubashi arena, and then complaining about PvP when it happens, is really silly. It's not griefing, and nobody's getting banned

No matter what sever your on your going have have these issues. I am watching FTA going on right now. I can see alot bragging on alliance side while horde doesn't a rat rear. that 3rd I am on horde are like that. So there your example >.<
90 Human Mage
12/28/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Lógañ
I think they have, they ignore valid complaints from me, but give out bans for the stupidest things like disagreeing with them. (Not going to name names or who was banned, at fear of being banned, but I've seen them do it.) They are starting to remind me of the 12 year olds on gmod that use their moms credit card and pay 20$ for admin then do whatever they please, ban innocents and most importantly don't do anything about those who actually break rules.

Stop vilifying Blizzard. Not everything gets reported. Report those that threaten your life and wait patiently, they'll respond pretty quickly if you mention that.
Edited by Valius on 12/28/2012 8:51 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Have a whinge mate.
90 Human Mage
12/28/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Amêlià
Can we stick to the topic? The point of the arena comment i made was their jerks for attacking people that are OBVIOUSLY in an RP SESSION.

that was on topic. You went to the gurubashi arena, you got yourself flagged, you have to deal with the consequences. Besides, what's to say that killing you isn't part of their RP session? Maybe they've got an RP group where they RP as jungle outlaws who enjoy punishing gurubashi tresspassers and anyone else dumb enough to host a tea party in their arena.

You're going to ban them for enjoying their RP?

12/28/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Amêlià
Can we get a blue post in here to explain why blizzard doesn't care about life threats anymore even though you made a forum about it?

this has already been explained. If you report someone for real life threats, THEY WILL NOT INFORM YOU OF THE ACTIONS THEY TAKE AGAINST THAT PERSON, IF ANY

First they're going to investigate your claims, and if they're found to be justified, they'll ban their account and call the authorities. All of this will be done without your knowledge, and they prefer it that way. You might get a "we've received your report and are looking into it" but that's pretty much all you'll get

Just because you aren't getting a blue post saying "there there, Wenchy's in jail now" doesn't mean nothing happened
Edited by Wenchy on 12/28/2012 8:58 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
Do realize that they won't just permaban someone for their first injustice. You usually get a 3 hour ban for your first offense, depending on the severity. If the person is no longer bothering you, then the method worked.

12/28/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Amêlià
Can we stick to the topic? The point of the arena comment i made was their jerks for attacking people that are OBVIOUSLY in an RP SESSION.

It is completely in-character to kill members of the opposite faction. And who the fel RPs in the Gurubashi Arena?
90 Human Mage
If you want to RP at the arena don't go inside the actual arena, stay in the audience area. That's not necessarily griefing since you did go into a FFA. Sure it's deplorable that your own faction does it to you but ti is what it is.
90 Worgen Death Knight
12/28/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Amêlià
Moon Guard is RP server.

Then why was you flagged for pvp? And if you sitting in the arena then its free game. Also discussing what you feel is harassment here isn't going to get you anywhere, sad but true.
Edited by Koommss on 12/28/2012 9:23 PM PST
OP, L2PenatalyVolcano... https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/account-penalties

If you reported someone, they may have gotten a warning, 3h ban or a 24h ban, and still been on the next day.
90 Night Elf Hunter
If you are receiving threats against your real life (not game life or toon) from someone in game, your first step should be to inform your local law enforcement.

They can get any needed information from Blizzard.

Second step is put said player on /ignore. If you don't Blizzard will likely not treat the issue as being very important since you have taken no steps to help your own situation.

The open a ticket for the issue and make sure you indicate PLAINLY that someone has threatened your life outside of the game.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]