Things you never hear in Dungeons

Tank stops and waits for you to restore mana. Says, "Wait, nobody moves until the Healer is ready."

After dying the DPS says, "My bad healer, thanks for trying."

Tank runs back to get Mob off of you and says, "Sorry about that. Lost aggro."

DPS tells group, "Oh, listen up. The adds will go after the Healer. The healer dies, the tank dies, and then we die. Lets get those adds!"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Actually, I've heard all of those in dungeons at least once... >.>

But a lot of the time it's true. xD
Reply Quote
Yes, I fudged a little on that. I have heard some of this, but it is rare. Maybe I should change the OP to Things you rarely hear in a dungeon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
There are several spots where I say, “If I miss an add, keep it off the healer”.

Also I have been known to say, "errr sorry, noob mistake, I was in battle stance"

And I don't say anything about healer mana, I got tired of asking, so now I just sit next to the healer if the DPS go running off.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Glyph of Retreat

Is your friend in 5 man.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
"Oops - Sorry, I didn't realize you were trying to rez the 2 DPS that stood in the purple goo when I pulled Liu".

"Oops - Sorry, I didn't realize that chainpulling as soon as I spawned in - for the next 3 -5 minutes straight - would keep you or one or more DPS from spawning in (or successfully changing specs/gear.)

Those I haven't heard, but would have liked to have.

<S>
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"Sorry I stood in all of that fire!"
Said no DPS ever.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
"I wasn't lagging, I'm just not a very good player and don't know what I'm doing".

Never, EVER hear that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Let me use cc to make the run easier.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
"So this shield and prayer of mending on me when we're out of combat means I'm okay to pull the next group, right?"
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
01/04/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Zelmy
"Sorry I stood in all of that fire!"

I've heard that, but it's always followed by "...although I normally easily heal through that on my <class>."
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
"Hey healer, thanks for keeping me alive even though I'm wearing toilet paper for armor and can't find my defensive cooldowns!" /continues pulling entire rooms...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/08/2013 03:12 AMPosted by Kenadie
"Hey healer, thanks for keeping me alive even though I'm wearing toilet paper for armor and can't find my defensive cooldowns!" /continues pulling entire rooms...

I've been getting raunchier and raunchier in dungeons. The bigger the tank pulls, the more... colorful i become. My latest was yelling "HARDER!" and "FASTER!" in dungeons as the tank pulls entire rooms. Follow that up with a few "OH GOD DONT STOP!" and "MORE! I NEED MORE!" the bigger he pulls, the worse i get until finally, after the boss i say "Was it as good for you as it was for me? *offers cigarette*" and leave. Yes, i know, i'm terrible, this is a PG-13 game, etc etc. But dammit I get bored.

Also, conversely, the more prudish tanks often slow the !@#$ down so i shut up, so that's always a good reason to keep going with it. <3
Edited by Keirisonis on 1/8/2013 3:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I don't know what you people are talking about, i have infinite mana and nobody ever dies...

I've been getting raunchier and raunchier in dungeons. The bigger the tank pulls, the more... colorful i become. My latest was yelling "HARDER!" and "FASTER!" in dungeons as the tank pulls entire rooms. Follow that up with a few "OH GOD DONT STOP!" and "MORE! I NEED MORE!" the bigger he pulls, the worse i get until finally, after the boss i say "Was it as good for you as it was for me? *offers cigarette*" and leave. Yes, i know, i'm terrible, this is a PG-13 game, etc etc. But dammit I get bored.

YOU ARE MY FAVORITE PERSON EVER.
Reply Quote
34 Pandaren Monk
01/08/2013 03:19 AMPosted by Keirisonis

Also, conversely, the more prudish tanks often slow the !@#$ down so i shut up, so that's always a good reason to keep going with it. <3
Pfffthahahaha

I never hear "Hi," or any other form of greeting at the start of a dungeon.
Reply Quote
82 Troll Druid
"Hey guys did you heard about the economics problems in europe? Things have to change in our capitalism system"

"Hey guys did you know automobiles produce 1.5 Billion Tons of (CO2) annually, we need to start buying small cars or electric ones asap"

"Hey guys i love you all as human being, if you guys need a good listener to hear your problems, afflictions and fears, I'm here for you just add me on friend list also heres my phone number..."

"Hey guys i like eggs"
Edited by Celto on 1/8/2013 5:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
*deleted post: replying in the wrong thread*
Edited by Icecreamsoup on 1/8/2013 9:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Oops - Sorry, I didn't realize that chainpulling as soon as I spawned in - for the next 3 -5 minutes straight - would keep you or one or more DPS from spawning in (or successfully changing specs/gear.)

I had a heroic last night where it wouldn't let me in because a fight was in progress, I kept clicking and getting the same message over and over for several minutes.

Finally I get in, it's Jade Temple... and Mari is down.

I was the tank. Yes, someone pulled the first *boss* without waiting for the *tank* to zone into the instance. They're lucky it was a boss with no melee...

On the other hand, I have definitely said "need mana?" to several healers when I thought it looked low. Usually they answer no even if they're below half though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]