My problem with bag space

90 Night Elf Hunter
There's stuff I hang on to because "hey, who knows". There are also old armor sets I keep because I might want to use them someday.

But there's also a lot of stuff I hang onto because having the item is a talisman for the memories that go with it. Looking at some old item in my inventory, like ... say ... Rune of the Guard Captain, brings back the memories of having to fight those elites in Jintha'Alor. That item was a rite of passage for my Horde characters. Without the items ... memories fade.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I went on a cleaning spree recently... but it wasn't enough. Or maybe it was, I have free space but I can't help but feel cluttered still.

That's the funny thing about it. I did the same, and I *do* have space now. But I still *feel* cluttered. Wierd, right?

My big problem is transmog items, and keeping around way too many armor pieces and weapons because I think they look cool and one day, maybe, I'll use them in some awesome themed set.

See, I took care of that one the easy way. About a month before they announced transmog, I went through a painful parting period with my old armor saying "I will NEVER need this armor again - the stats are junk!". I have still not forgiven myself...

I also have a ton of old rep items, looking for the day/time when I'll go back and finally get whatever to exalted.

this is one that we both share. I have a lot of rep items that I spent a lot of time farming, but I don't have enough to turn in, or haven't made the trip yet or can't turn them in for whatever reason. And they are of course soulbound so I can't give them to an alt and they won't go into void. I doubt they will ever be turned into currency since they are too old. they just.... sit there.

There are legit bag space limitations for many people, but yeah I agree that there are probably many more of us hanging on to things that we'll just never look at/use again because... who knows?

I'm tellin' ya... The day I throw out my Zul Ferrik Mallet, I will need it to summon the evil miniture god of shoe polish and sooth his tired feet with balm made by planting spirit shards in my farm. it'll happen.

Now that I think about, I am probably this way BECAUSE I dumped all that armor just before transmog.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I pack rat stuff for transmog, I seriously have three full sets and I only ever use the one I am currently wearing, though I swap out weapons and off hands periodically. I need help, I don't know why I keep them...I know I will not use another set. One of the sets is for PvP, and I know I won't even change that one to the other odds and ends and I have in storage.

And why do I keep my lament of the highborne book? Do I really need it or the spirit shards I have, much less the darkmoon fair coins, when was the last time I played a game there? And don't get me started on the holiday stuff...really, I'm not doing the run and sit at the tables for the Pilgrim event, I have the achievement. And what on earth possessed me to make the Winterveil set? What am I really going to do with it.

I really need to throw it away and I just can't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Brazier of Dancing Flames

I play with mine in downtime during raids lol Same with all my "cute" stuff. And once in a while I like show up in dungeons in a Lovely Blue dress just for lols :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I don't understand why blizzard keeps giving us vanity crap, that we all want to keep because its fun..then we run out of space to place it in.

My solution: Make a menu tab, where upon first use of said item, will disappear from your bags and go into this special menu tab. Have it setup like the pet menu tab - where you can do a search for the item and then you can use it.

This in turn would eliminate the clutter from your bags.

Or..

Give us the option of changing out our STARTER BAG from 8 years ago. -_-
Then implement the said idea stated above in my comment.
Edited by Bearhugz on 1/3/2013 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I like the stack size change idea.

Plus, a big help would let us 'conjure' archaeology items from our book so we could delete them from our bags but still have access to them when we wanted to do the sword dance or whatnot.
Reply Quote
73 Gnome Warlock
I went on a cleaning spree recently... but it wasn't enough. Or maybe it was, I have free space but I can't help but feel cluttered still. My big problem is transmog items, and keeping around way too many armor pieces and weapons because I think they look cool and one day, maybe, I'll use them in some awesome themed set. I also have a ton of old rep items, looking for the day/time when I'll go back and finally get whatever to exalted.

There are legit bag space limitations for many people, but yeah I agree that there are probably many more of us hanging on to things that we'll just never look at/use again because... who knows?

A lot of the storage issues people have would decrease significantly if you just allowed armour models to be saved for use later without mandating that we keep them in our inventory. Maybe have the transmog guy convert the item and save it to a seperate database for future reference. Saving a model ID has to be easier on data storage for characters than needing to save both the model, the item, and processing the checks associated with making sure that the transmog model is still in storage.

Edit: A large part of why people packrat is because you never know when something will be removed in a future patch due to rehashing. The SM mail set and the unique models from Scholo come to mind, as well as the defias set that was lost in Cataclysm.
Edited by Bomdanil on 1/3/2013 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I went on a cleaning spree recently... but it wasn't enough. Or maybe it was, I have free space but I can't help but feel cluttered still. My big problem is transmog items, and keeping around way too many armor pieces and weapons because I think they look cool and one day, maybe, I'll use them in some awesome themed set. I also have a ton of old rep items, looking for the day/time when I'll go back and finally get whatever to exalted.

hey you're a tree, that's cool.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There are memories locked within each item that come flooding back to us when we see the item & or wear it.

Well, I certainly have those items too Katie. For example, I have various items from trying to take back gnomerangan. Lords knows I would never transform myself to look like a gnome tropper on purpose. But I keep the whateveritis because of the memory.
[edit] Gnomeregan Pride and Gnomeregan Drape. I assume both are gone from the game which is why I never ever delete them.

Or the sky captain thing I got from defeating the netherwing rider. That quest took me a long time. I like the trinket. I keep it because of what I had to do to get it.
[edit] Commander's Badge

So yes, there are certainly a fair share of those items as well.
Edited by Linias on 1/3/2013 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

You should rename yourself Drysiok >_>

A transmog bag would be kinda nice though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I like the stack size change idea.

Plus, a big help would let us 'conjure' archaeology items from our book so we could delete them from our bags but still have access to them when we wanted to do the sword dance or whatnot.

I could get behind both of these ideas.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Not who knows...

Memories.

^^^ this

I still have my lock mount summoning items. totally useless, but man, I helped so many locks get their mounts, it was awesome. I don't want to get rid of those items!

same with the druid mount boss summoning thing.
my "Amy's Blanket" (how awesome - a thing named after me! ok not really, but STILL)
and a whole host of other items, on various characters, that I just don't want to have to get rid of.

so space is pretty dear for me on a few characters :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/03/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Luthar

Face tree. Back in effect.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
01/03/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Bashiok

I know this isn't on topic but I beg to know what is that green aura in your mouth???
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

I missed your old avatar.

Gotta love a sickly tree with post nasal drip.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
01/03/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Bashiok

Most of what you mentioned and more. My void storage is full of cool armor and transmog "maybes". On top of that are sentimental items like the Skybreaker's Whip, ZG voodoo dolls, a Planetarium Key, and dozens of other things I could list more accurately were I at home right now.

What won't fit into void (or will not due to the malicious Unique tag) is a lot of the holiday stuff, more weapons, stackable currencies (I still have some DMF tickets - just in case they can turn into DMF tickets, you know?), some aging Dalaran Red, and again dozens of other items I can't quite recall to memory because I'm on my lunch break.

I'd love for there to be another row of bags in my bank, filling that empty slot-like area below the current row, or tabs in void storage similar to a guild bank. Hell, tabs in my bank similar to a guild bank.

Not listed: My bank alt's 6-tab guild bank - also full. That's where all the non-BoP stuff goes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
01/03/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Brø

I know this isn't on topic but I beg to know what is that green aura in your mouth???

Fel snot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]