Connection error time out for guild chat

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Priest
03/26/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Wilebosk
Not cleared up for me I still have issues with connecting to guild chat. It stills says "Chat Connection Error" "Connection timed out". I have an iphone 4s when this happens I notice that the online/offline dropdown, that the Online has a green icon next to it but we are clearly not online. Please fix this already.

There are no general issues with connection that I am aware of so this will require some investigation. Please provide the following information:

• Device mode: iPhone 4S
  • OS version
  • Mobile Armory version
  • Network carrier
  • Is the device rooted/jailbroken?
  • Does this happen while connected to WiFi?
  • Does this happen while over your network carrier?
  • If both, does this happen most often over WiFi or your network carrier?
  • Does this issue clear up if you log out of the app and relogin?
  • If logging out and back in does not resolve the issue, what about after force closing the application?
  • If Forceclosing and relaunching the application fores not resolve the issue, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

4 weeks, same issue...

iPhone 4S
ATnT
Jailbroken
Yes
Yes
Both? It doesn't work at all...
Nope
Nope, same with restart and safe mode
Nope

Really love that I can't tell my guildies when I'll be late... like right now
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/26/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Wilebosk
Not cleared up for me I still have issues with connecting to guild chat. It stills says "Chat Connection Error" "Connection timed out". I have an iphone 4s when this happens I notice that the online/offline dropdown, that the Online has a green icon next to it but we are clearly not online. Please fix this already.

There are no general issues with connection that I am aware of so this will require some investigation. Please provide the following information:

• Device mode: iPhone 4S
  • OS version
  • Mobile Armory version
  • Network carrier
  • Is the device rooted/jailbroken?
  • Does this happen while connected to WiFi?
  • Does this happen while over your network carrier?
  • If both, does this happen most often over WiFi or your network carrier?
  • Does this issue clear up if you log out of the app and relogin?
  • If logging out and back in does not resolve the issue, what about after force closing the application?
  • If Forceclosing and relaunching the application fores not resolve the issue, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

• Device Mode: iPhone 4S
  • OS version: iOS 6.1.3
  • Mobile Armory version: 5.2.1
  • Network carrier: AT&T
  • is the device rooted/jailbroken? No
  • Does this happen while connected to WiFi? Yes.
  • Does this happen while over your network carrier? Yes.
  • If both, does this happen most often over WiFi or your network carrier? Let's put it this way it happens pretty much 100%, whether on WiFi or network carrier so I would say both equally fail. For instance at work I'm on network carrier it fails. At home I'm on WiFi it fails.
  • Does this issue clear up if you log out of the app and relogin? No. I have even tried turning off iPhone and then back on.
  • If logging out and back in does not resolve the issue, what about force closing the application? Done this already didn't work.
  • If Forceclosing and relaunching the application fores not resolve the issue, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? I have tried this already as well, and still didn't resolve issue.

I will mention that for the past four to five weeks this has been an issue, but last week for maybe a day it seems to work and I was able to actually log into guild chat.
Quality Assurance
Thanks for the additional information. I'm forwarding this to someone who can take a peak at your accounts and see if there's anything obvious that's wrong.

After this upcoming week's maintenance period, please try logging into Guild Chat again and see if it's been resolved.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah ive got the same thing going on... I've been playing wow for over 7 years and i quit around 3 months back and i finally ordered a new computer to come back to WoW and i hop onto the mobile armory to tell my old guildies im coming back and it wouldn't let me on :( hope this gets fixed im looking forward to coming back love you blizz :D
Quality Assurance
Yeah ive got the same thing going on... I've been playing wow for over 7 years and i quit around 3 months back and i finally ordered a new computer to come back to WoW and i hop onto the mobile armory to tell my old guildies im coming back and it wouldn't let me on :( hope this gets fixed im looking forward to coming back love you blizz :D

You'll need to log into the character in WoW (and then log out) before it will become fully available on the Mobile Armory again. It may take some time to cache after this process. If a character hasn't been logged into for a long time, the character profile is removed from the web and mobile cache.

From the looks of it, your profile should now be available. Let me know if you continue to have any problems with this.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Ok I was able to login into my other servers guild chats and talk to them and they are really excited... But the only one I can't log into is wildhammer my main server... Every other one uldum, gilneaus (I know I probably spelt it wrong) muradin and ghost lands all work but not wildhammer just as a heads up..
Quality Assurance
Ok I was able to login into my other servers guild chats and talk to them and they are really excited... But the only one I can't log into is wildhammer my main server... Every other one uldum, gilneaus (I know I probably spelt it wrong) muradin and ghost lands all work but not wildhammer just as a heads up..

Has your guild on Wildhammer changed their name recently? If so, the realm may need a restart for this to be resolved. (Known issue.)

There could also be an issue with the realm. Does anyone else in the guild use the Mobile Armory? If so, are they having trouble connecting?
90 Dwarf Paladin
Not that I know of the guild has always been the blood bank ... I helped set it up soo yeah :/
90 Human Paladin
This has been happening to me as well.. I recently left a guild and it was working fine for the 10 months that I was there.

Might there be a glitch that tries to direct me back to my old guild because it can't see my new one? It's only happened since then.. thanks.
Quality Assurance
This has been happening to me as well.. I recently left a guild and it was working fine for the 10 months that I was there.

Might there be a glitch that tries to direct me back to my old guild because it can't see my new one? It's only happened since then.. thanks.

Yes, sometimes that is the case. It's pretty rare, but not unheard of. Is this affecting the website display of your guild? The guild "Seething Hatred" is what I see displayed for you on the forum.
Quality Assurance
This question is for Mobile Armory users who haven't been able to connect to guild chat for months: Is this still an issue?

If you just started having connection issues, please open a new thread. Thanks!
Still an issue. Can't log into guild chat no matter what I do. Very frustrating and will never recommend this app until it actually works.
90 Human Death Knight
Same here, can't connect to guild chat.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have an iPhone 4s. Armory version is 5.4, the latest one. Tried relogging on the app doesn't work. Reinstalled it as well, doesn't work. So far it's been over wifi that I'm having the issue. The thing is, it was working fine the day before the patch dropped.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Still can't log into it, I've logged out, I've reset my device, I've checked for updates (none).
85 Orc Warrior
i cant log into guild chat either since patch.
90 Night Elf Druid
Gang, this is a necrothread from last year. (See the little 2013 in the OP dates and blue responses?)

Current thread re: mobile chat issues is at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14881058214 .
90 Night Elf Hunter
This "time out error" has been happening to me as well. I'm using an iPhone 5s, my armory is up to date, this happens through wi-fi and on carrier. Additionally, when I try to load 3d charicter view I receive a messenge that says "an error has occurred while retrieving charicter model". I have deleted app and re-downloaded it 3 times with no change. I have also rebooted my moble several times. Please fix and/or advise towards a solution.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]