[H] Seeking casual 25man raiders

100 Orc Shaman
I have been leading 25man raids with Clan Plaid since the beginning of The Burning Crusade. With each new expansion it grows harder and harder to field a dedicated group. I'm currently looking for around 5 people (DPS or healers) to fill out our raid roster in order to begin raiding again in Mists of Pandaria.

About us:

As a guild, our core will be turning 16 this coming spring, having formed long before World of Warcraft was even an idea. Our WoW presence has been on this server since its first few days. We are generally mature and friendly, but we also can get at each others' throats from time to time.

We generally run a very casual schedule with only one or two raid nights a week each lasting only two hours. Right now, these times are likely to be Wednesdays and Mondays from 8:30-10:30 server times. We use Mumble for voice communication and the in-game calendar system to generally handle the raid invites and basic attendance issues.

About our ideal raiders:

Someone who, regardless of the speed (or lack thereof) of progression, will log in for the posted raids as often as Real Life(tm) allows. You should be mature (and I don't mean this in the sense of the language that you use) and willing to listen and learn during raids. I prefer people who are fairly quiet on Mumble (although being willing to speak can be helpful); we have enough folks who enjoy distracting, I mean chatting, as is.

You do not need to be the most skilled of players, nor the best geared; these are all things that generally can improve with time, especially if you are willing to take advice. You also do not immediately need to leave your current guild to raid with us, although if you enjoy the raids and the people, we would encourage it in the future.

If you have any interest in joining us as a PUG, please send me a mail or tell in game. If you can't find me online, asking any member of the guild can often track me down if I am currently on an alt (or even when I'm not logged in sometimes).
Edited by Garumako on 1/3/2013 12:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
A couple corrections from your pal, Fire Chief:

12/13/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Garumako
As a guild, our core will be turning 15 this coming spring

I know you're still a newbie and have only been in the guild seven years now so you don't remember those exciting, heady early days playing Myth: The Fallen Lords, (and sorry I missed sending you a happy anniversary card on November 22,) but in truth Clan Plaid will turn sixteen, needing a full five bits to express our age, on January 13, 2013.

Yowza.

I prefer people who are fairly quiet on vent

But… but… we use Mumble now you said! What is this vent??

/pedant

You also do not immediately need to leave your current guild to raid with us, although if you enjoy the raids and the people, we would encourage it in the future.

I remember when we first started raiding we could never fill out a full roster of 40 people so we formed loose raiding alliances with another guild. Over time the guilds changed, the requirement dropped to 25, but this was our practice up until WotLK/Cataclysm.

With the guild and achievement changes, this didn't make as much sense, but I'd just like to emphasize that point — as a (relatively) Drama Free Zone™, I want to assure those who are happy in their guilds but want to raid with us, that we don't wouldn't want to force you to join our guild; conversely, we would prefer to stay out of situations where your guild culture is such that joining us for raiding would cause friction in your guild.

For fun and honor,
Chief

PS. You should probably edit the title to include a [H] tag, oh fearless raid leader!

PPS. On the other hand, it should probably be obvious once they see your ugly orc face.
Edited by Xetasi on 12/18/2012 11:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Which 25 are you doing? You know I practically live in game.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Still recruiting?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]