Gearing Difficulties

90 Draenei Shaman
Its unfair . :( .... This is sad blizzard ! Please change !
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
The reason that I play this game is for the PvP, but I can't be competitive in any understanding of the word this season because my toons hit 90 this week. I can't really participate in PvP until the next season, and it makes me want to quit this game.
Reply Quote
41 Undead Warlock
2a is the best idea I've ever read on the forums. No second thoughts, no "my toon is nerfed here's how it can be fixed,' or '_______is broken; nerf it'

Request sticky
bump
whatever
Blizzard please do the pool policy!!! Call it the pool policy and let me play my alts <3
Reply Quote
bump.... for new players like me!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Unsubbing if this doesn't get fixed, I don't want to have to wait for the beginning of another season to do competitive PVP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
wtb pvp power.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
BUMP!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Sorry GC but it doesn't seem like you understand the mindset of a pvper. As stated multiple times in this thread: people don't pvp to get gear. A pvper gains a sense of accomplishment by outplaying another pvper, not completing their conquest set. The only feeling a pvper gets after completing T2 or even getting the T2 weapon is relief. Relief that the ridiculous grind is finally over.

Contrary to what you stated, the current system doesn't encourage anyone to play more, it encourages people who are joining the season late (such as myself) to not play AT ALL.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The system as it is currently essentially tries its hardest to prevent you from having fun. GC wants us to play to gear, not play for the sake of playing. Uhm, how stupid can you get? The game should make you want to play based on the merits of said game, not because it takes you 2-3 months just to be able to play the game at a competitive level. Getting smashed when there's absolutely nothing you can do about it is extremely frustrating and boring. People just stop PvPing altogether. Your strategy, Mr. Ghost Crawler, is self defeating. Please get back to us when you have a brain between your ears, as opposed to a cash register.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
All of my support.

I would also love to see them fix the damn conquest caps with how obtaining points from one method counts towards all others. At the moment getting 180 points in arena also counts towards 180 points from RBGs and random BGs. At the default cap of 1800 arena/2200 RBG, if you did RBGs all the way up to 1800+ points, you couldn't cap the rest through arena even if you hadn't done any that week.

I know they claimed to have "fixed" it but I didn't see anything wrong with how it was, and now it's actually broken.

I know it doesn't matter so much once you get your arena cap higher, but on alts I get tired of getting stomped in arena from having low gear, and would like to cap the rest of my points through random BGs, but nope apparently that wasn't intended.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
bump
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Unfortunately *bring the gear not the player* is the current state of the game. I don't believe that GC was implying that pvp'ers only play for gear, and I don't think it's fair for us to go around saying that THAT's what he said, because he didn't. However, I believe it would be a wise idea for Blizz to take steps in affirming that they understand most of us DO in fact pvp for the fun, social, and competitive aspect of it all. Personally, I haven't done any serious PVE since s8.

These steps would be: 1. Make it easier to catch up alts in conquest gear. 2. Get rid of the superior -stats- in "Elite" gear and make more aesthetic rewards for pvp'ers (more unique pvp titles and mounts). Good players believe a leveled playing field will help them the most. 3. Get rid of gear-leveling in conquest gear - this makes impossible to realistically finish gearing for most players. 4. Make arenas and RBGs cross-Battlegroup. This would help participation tremendously, as well as alleviating problems like long que times, server imbalances, and win-trading (could also make it so that the same team can't be faced more than 3 times per hour.)

For me the greatest joy in pvp comes from running multiple arena teams on different characters at a high level at any given time. I have 4 90s and 3 more 85s to level. I have never had a problem playing at a disadvantage before since I always believed my skill was the most important factor, but sadly this is no longer the case. It IS a problem right now and I can think of no reason why any serious, competitive, pvp'ers would stick around long-term for a gear based environment.

Also, 2s have never been more painful. In 2v2 where comps tend to be so simple and CC starved, there is nothing I on my melee about another melee that does over TWO times the damage I do. Seriously, think 7 mil against 14 mil. Right now the 1500 bracket is filled with bad players on their mains with near BiS gear constantly crushing players who have been multi-glad. SO even when you DO get a poorly geared team, you're going up against the likes of Nadagast and you're in for a nasty fight regardless. Fun stuff trying to cap out these days.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/01/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Greagor
Unfortunately *bring the gear not the player* is the current state of the game. I don't believe that GC was implying that pvp'ers only play for gear, and I don't think it's fair for us to go around saying that THAT's what he said, because he didn't.

I think you're dead wrong, that's exactly what he said, and that he's a flipping moron. I don't think we should cut him an inch of slack until he puts his brain where his money is, which happens to be between his ears.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
From GC via Twitter:

"The gear in 5.2 will work a bit differently. We'll explain it all soon."

Hopefully that will address the issues raised in this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
From GC via Twitter:

I am hopeful! Let's see what they're planning. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I am VERY hopeful too, my friend.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
bumpy
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Guess what? bump.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
From GC via Twitter:

Yeah! I'm hopeful that this will solve the problems we've discussed.

I hope that the developers understand that PvP should not be a contest based on gear, but rather on skill. The rewards from PvPing a lot should not give one a combat advantage over another player who doesn't PvP as frequently. However, the rewards could instead be aesthetic (to change the way one's character looks in order to distinguish oneself). This would show that the player is a committed veteran without disrupting balance in the process.

For example, if a player gets a certain amount of rating or points, they could access awesome new customizability on the way their weapons/armor/mount looks. This would incentivize players to compete.

Another idea is to add auras, buffs, or perks that would be beneficial outside the realm of PvP. For example, add areas that can only be accessed by gladiator-level players. A hang-out spot for high level PvPers would be cool. In this spot, you could have vendors for cool trinkets, toys, or visual armor augmentations (not unlike transmog, but perhaps allowing even further flexibility).
Edited by Eluss on 1/3/2013 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]