Gearing Difficulties

90 Undead Priest
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I love leveling alts and just messing around in arena with new comps, but this season is SOOOOO bad if you are not COMPLETELY geared. I just leveled my hunter and was excited to pvp....oh man WAY wrong. You should honestly see how stupid it is, I do zero damage. Like LITERALLY ZERO. Im talking 5-7k arcane shot crits and 10-11k KC crits on people with 400k hp. My fingers honestly start to hurt after spam shooting them like a raid boss to 90% then they turn and 1 shot .me . I honestly feel bad when it puts me in a WSG or something it is basically 10 vs 9.

I also need a way to get conquest, but there is no way in hell someone will do 2's with me much less rbgs, and after playing 3-4 days ALOT I am only at like 700 conq from bgs. What do they expect me to do quit my job to cap each week? lol

There needs to be a way to catch up if you miss a month or 2 at the start of a season. Else there is literally no reason to pvp. I like the suggestions Nada!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
BUMP

I'll say this again, you still have to WIN arena matches to get capped. This is not just handing out gear it is encouraging the lvling and playing of alts. Lets say you miss 10 weeks of arena and your cap is 18000 pts... this means you have to win 100 games at 180 pts a game...

100 games...

The people that would be utilizing a change like this are utilizing it because they can't get enough games to get capped every week. Having to win 100 games would be a huge mountain to climb but at least when they do get time to sit down and play they can keep earning pts. The people who play every week and cap out are gonna roll alts and gear them up quickly sure but those of us who don't have that kind of time would at least have the OPPORTUNITY to catch up.

I see no downside to allowing this change to take place. If blizz is afraid of losing subs then make it only effect active accounts. If you don't have your sub paid you don't earn points that week.

If this game was less about gear none of this would be an issue but sadly it is until you are equally geared... then its about the comp you're running, haha.

Fix the instant and spammable cc
Fix the burst damage
Make energy / mana / rage bars something that people actually have to worry about again (would fix a lot of burst issues)

Fix these things and gear becomes less important but for now more gear = winning
Reply Quote
48 Orc Warrior
From GC via Twitter:

"The gear in 5.2 will work a bit differently. We'll explain it all soon."

Hopefully that will address the issues raised in this thread.

I am hopeful! Let's see what they're planning. :)

I didn't feel like gearing up at all because of this pvp power weapon stuff. Now after hearing about your troubles as a person with many rank 1 friends i am not even going to bother.

Hopefully someone at blizzard takes note of this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Please add that bonus pool. That sounds like such a cool idea and would prevent people from totally falling behind.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I 100% love the OP's idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Upgraded Malevolent will be only 6 ilvls behind full Tyrannical next patch, meaning all of your alts can gear 100% from bgs and still be competitive
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
why this no happen??
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/07/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Mantley
Upgraded Malevolent will be only 6 ilvls behind full Tyrannical next patch, meaning all of your alts can gear 100% from bgs and still be competitive

That is not the point of the thread. It has always been easy to get somewhat caught up at the start of a new season. The problem is that you have a season that is 4-5 months long and if you try to start in the middle it is impossible to be able to compete with the gear you have, it takes to long to get to the point where you can actually raise raiting and/or go for titles.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
01/07/2013 11:34 AMPosted by Purepurp

That is not the point of the thread. It has always been easy to get somewhat caught up at the start of a new season. The problem is that you have a season that is 4-5 months long and if you try to start in the middle it is impossible to be able to compete with the gear you have, it takes to long to get to the point where you can actually raise raiting and/or go for titles.

That IS the point of the thread. I don't think you understood what I said or just didn't get the memo that new 5.2 gear won't be upgradable.

Say 5 months into season 13 where everyone has full Tyrannical I decide to make an alt. I can level to 90 5 months into the season, hit the BGs and be full upgraded Malevolent in a few days. And since that will be only marginally weaker than full Tyr I'd say that's completely competitive.
Reply Quote
48 Orc Warrior
01/07/2013 05:27 PMPosted by Mantley

That IS the point of the thread. I don't think you understood what I said or just didn't get the memo that new 5.2 gear won't be upgradable.

Say 5 months into season 13 where everyone has full Tyrannical I decide to make an alt. I can level to 90 5 months into the season, hit the BGs and be full upgraded Malevolent in a few days. And since that will be only marginally weaker than full Tyr I'd say that's completely competitive.

Unless there are still no PvP power weapons from honor which is the main difficulty of starting arena.

In case you didn't realize how much PvP power is on a weapon, it makes up nearly half of your total amount.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
They need to !@#$ing do something other than finger bangin each others asses. I want to play other classes, but I can't because I don't have my T1 herp derp weapon on my alt.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 05:27 PMPosted by Mantley

i've never seen a source for the claim "5.2 gear won't be upgradable"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

i've never seen a source for the claim "5.2 gear won't be upgradable"

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/january/52noGearUpgrades.png
Reply Quote
i agree with OP 100%. i have 2 alts (at 90) that i really want to play, but its pointless since they missed the first few months of the expac. all the "2v2 for points" people crush me in BGs or arena. ill never, ever be able to be even close to competetive this season.

unfortunately i have lost any interest in playing at level 90.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The state of the game is literally worst than ever because of gear differences. How can Blizzard constantly ignore the issues they create? I guess you must be the dumbest of the !@#$ing dumb to work at Blizzard..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
1) Season conquest cap increasing weekly for all players. No more weekly cap based on rating.

2) Elite weapon made same ilvl as regular conquest just like the armor. No more rating providing an ilvl advantage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Can't kill a damn thing in this gear. And thats just doing bgs trying to gear up.

This is the most gear dependent expansion ever.
Reply Quote
looks like they have something they are working on. my rogue might as well just stay stealthed for the whole BG.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
All newly purchased Season 2 Malevolent Gladiator’s armor, offhands, and shields will have an item level of 476 (was 483). Existing Malevolent items are unaffected.

These new 5.2 notes are very disappointing. Unless there's something that's unreleased, or I'm misunderstanding, any character that doesn't have full 490+ ilvl PvP gear by the end of the season will be stuck at 476 ilvl til they get conquest points for season 13 gear. This is basically repeating the same mistake from this season and will further reduce arena participation as there is no effective way to catch up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]