Gearing Difficulties

90 Human Mage
Blizzard had a history of releasing honor gear that, at least for offset pieces was 6 item levels higher than the current offset pieces. It seems like the only reason they are not repeating this trend is because people would use the gear to get into looking for raid. Harming an already struggling community to help another is not an appropriate course of action.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
lol the new gearing changes are so so awful anybody who doesnt have malevolent now will be fighting people with 491 gear. This level of incompetence is astounding.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8397168/PvP_Gear_in_52_and_Beyond-1_17_2013

Success!
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Success!

Indeed!

One of the things we see on occasion from posters on the forums is that it's futile to post because "the blues aren't reading" or "they don't care". Well, not only do we care, but we are reading, and so are the developers.

Players also want to know what 'constructive feedback' means. This thread is a great example of what constructive, well-reasoned feedback looks like. In fact, I don't think it would be a stretch to say that the information and perspectives that you all have provided in this thread (amongst others on similar subjects) went a long way toward helping us identify specific flaws in how gear has been distributed in PvP, and to start implementing a plan for how we can make that system better.

Your thoughts matter, and they're a valuable part of the process as we continually work to make World of Warcraft an ever better experience. We have more work to do, but thanks to everyone who posted their constructive feedback!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
woot!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm still worried even with the mid season bonus pool if the new t2 will costs the same amount of conquest the grind will still be very punishing.

Hypothetically we are looking at 54000 conquest points over the season. Thats a 30 week grind at the base arena cap of 1800.

Is there any chance we could return arena to the same amount of conquest as rbgs?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

Success!

Indeed!

One of the things we see on occasion from posters on the forums is that it's futile to post because "the blues aren't reading" or "they don't care". Well, not only do we care, but we are reading, and so are the developers.

Players also want to know what 'constructive feedback' means. This thread is a great example of what constructive, well-reasoned feedback looks like. In fact, I don't think it would be a stretch to say that the information and perspectives that you all have provided in this thread (amongst others on similar subjects) went a long way toward helping us identify specific flaws in how gear has been distributed in PvP, and to start implementing a plan for how we can make that system better.

Your thoughts matter, and they're a valuable part of the process as we continually work to make World of Warcraft an ever better experience. We have more work to do, but thanks to everyone who posted their constructive feedback!

Are you concerned that 27k*2 is too many conquest points required to "finish" your pvp set? Given how much more quickly higher level players get points it seems like people who get their 1800 points will be left in the dust, if they ever manage to "finish" their sets.

I've seen a lot of people concerned about that, and it seems like the main worry with the incoming system.

Do you think that instead of having two tiers of conquest gear it might be better to have two tiers of honor gear? That would solve the problem of inflated ilvls from PvE, which seems to be the root of the entire problem.
Edited by Qwaai on 1/23/2013 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/23/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Ticachu
Thats a 30 week grind at the base arena cap of 1800.

... which is insane. Should be ~12 weeks max IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Honestly I think blizzard just needs to do away with conquest points and start using honor to buy all gear once again.

Arena matches generally move at a faster pace than a Bg so even with an equal reward one would generate honor much quicker than normal battlegrounds.

Rated battlegrounds would of course still be available but they would be little more than the pvp counterpart to challenge mode dungeons and would earn cosmetic/fun rewards from them

Hell blizz could even implement the same gear upgrade system that they used in icc for tier10
Trade in the lowest quality of the item + honor = higher ilvl version with graphical enhancement.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There still needs to be a progression of gear. This way is far better then what there was previously not having several off pieces upgrade to the elite level isn't nearly as damaging as not having access to the T2 weapon. Plus you have to take into account Sha dropping a few pieces over the course of a full season.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/23/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Skrump
Honestly I think blizzard just needs to do away with conquest points and start using honor to buy all gear once again.

Well, arenas should be a source of honor after the cap anyway. I think this would inflate arena participation - even if the amount of honor gained wasn't significant.
Reply Quote
65 Undead Mage
KIR
Now, please stop trying to force RBGs on to me and allow any method of conquest points to get my cap and increase my cap.

2v2, 3v3, 5v5, RBG

I will RBG when it is fun, and when I have enough friends on, because I enjoy it... but leaving this requirement in just makes me angry and resentful.

Also, bring back skirmishes, or heck, even let us solo queue for different brackets in arena, and give us a personal rating.

So many things could be done to revitalize PVP and bring some new blood in. This is a huge step in the right direction, please do not stop here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm still worried even with the mid season bonus pool if the new t2 will costs the same amount of conquest the grind will still be very punishing.

Hypothetically we are looking at 54000 conquest points over the season. Thats a 30 week grind at the base arena cap of 1800.

Is there any chance we could return arena to the same amount of conquest as rbgs?

People seem to be misconstruing the statement about conq gear.

Regular T1 gear is available right away for conq purchase, it becomes available for honor after you earn 27k conq. At this point T2 becomes available for conq.

You don't need to earn 54k conq in a season to get to T2.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

People seem to be misconstruing the statement about conq gear.

Regular T1 gear is available right away for conq purchase, it becomes available for honor after you earn 27k conq. At this point T2 becomes available for conq.

You don't need to earn 54k conq in a season to get to T2.

The thing is, does the elite set have the same conquest prices as the regular set? Because if it does, then in order to get a full set of elite gear you will need 54,000 Conquest earned on the season.

They're putting a cap on conquest so you can't just sit on it and slip into full elite right at 27,000

edit: According to a very recent blue post in another thread it looks like the full Elite set will cost 17,500 Conquest. There won't be Elite items for every slot.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7708262150?page=3#45
Edited by Zildjian on 1/23/2013 6:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nadagastt more like RAD-agastt.

:D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I still don't understand how blizzard thinks this is fixed, is the honor malev still 476? It's non upgradeable gear as well. So those who have 483 gear upgraded to 491 will have a 15 point ilvl advantage per piece of gear over anyone whos starting fresh next season, this is widening the gap for fresh starters further than it has ever been, when in previous patches the honor gear from the previous season has been an ilvl INCREASE, to incite people to actually get involved early with honor grinding. In perspective isn't an ilvl of 15 higher, roughly 10% higher stats?

All for what? Discouraging people from running LFR, freaking LFR, with honor gear....in all seriousness who cares lfr is a joke no matter what gear your in.

And blizzard further wonders why arena participation is down something like 65% from previous seasons, it's because instead of making it better it's consistently broken worse. No wonder everyone is leaving this game.

How bout we make honor malev gear 491 at patch, make the 7250 cp needed to buy tyranical weapons ACCOUNT WIDE WHEN ONE TOON HITS IT, and add something stupid like pve power to pve gear so you can slay dragons harder without pvp gear ever being superior.
Edited by Dropdk on 1/23/2013 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

Success!

Faith in blizzard restored
Reply Quote
Gear is not the one fix all solution to pvp. The random battleground community is full of bots and multiple chain ccs with no DR is ridiculous, you can call my post stupid if you want but there is seriously wrong with the random bg que when one team has six healers in a 10 man event and the other has none not to mention gettin sapped into a fear then shockwaved then rooted until you are dead. Point being gear is not the only issue im afraid.
Reply Quote
I think I learn more from the postings and the feed back in these forums than I do while in the game itself. I'm glad Blizzard participates with its players.

Sometimes it only seems like they don't but I've learned over a period of time that they do.

For instance the changes to Rogues that is coming in the next patch. I was totally frustrated with my lvl 90 Rogue and from what the better players in the game tell me the changes should be an improvement and make a bit of difference for average players like myself.

This is truly a quality game and by the way for some who may not know it. There is NO correlation between games that have violence in them and people being violent. I checked into that after recent events. So don't worry, feel free to slaughter me on the battlefield if you can.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]