Gearing Difficulties

90 Worgen Druid
plz fix gearing problems blizzard. the gap is huge. i see fully pvp geared rdruids with 2200 spell power while i have half ot hat in full honor gear.

it's ridiculous. honor pvp weapons would be a greeat start
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Why is the ilvl difference and stat difference so extreme?

It's fun to have upgrades, sure, but full malv against full honor gear is like putting a level 90 in an arena against a level 80 and seeing if that 80 it's gonna do anything other than fall over.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I like you.

Be my friend?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Ok.. for this rare occasion, we finally have a dedicated and accomplished subscriber who can help the current state of pvp in MOP, but Blizzard is neglecting not only the player, but also themselves by not responding to this ever growing thread. With this thread being avoided and ignored, what is the true point to these forums? To let trolls run rampant, post !@#$ that makes zero sense, talk about each others moms? I honestly do not understand.... Just remove your god dam forums if you continue to ignore this thread in particular.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
While issues of class balance are certainly important, in my experience trying to gear up in bg's gear level has been far more determinative than any other factor for seeing who might win a fight. The issues with certain classes 1-3 shotting people mostly arise when you are pitting someone with conquest weapon vs. contender's gear.

The result is that BGs are rarely close matches with any spirit of competition. I can enjoy a good and close loss, but because matchmaking does not take into account gear levels or mmr levels in any way, a good portion of the fights are spent with one team semi-afk once they realize whether they have any fighting chance to win. I understand that blizzard wants gear and character development to matter, but making it impossible to ever catch up--to ever reach a place where I'm not at a severe disadvantage in most fights--is incredibly frustrating.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
This topic seems to come up again and again on these forums, clearly it's a problem and it needs to be addressed by blizzard. There are a ton of good suggestions in this post alone and on the arena forums that would without a doubt help if not fix the current problem. Take a second and read some of this stuff blizzard, so we can get pvp back on the right path.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Hullo
I have been playing since TBC and don't really post in the forums.
I am only posting bc this OP guy I like and blizz should listen to him.
please and I love all yall.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
12/20/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Richmondx
Take a second and read some of this stuff blizzard, so we can get pvp back on the right path.

plz fix gearing problems blizzard. the gap is huge. i see fully pvp geared rdruids with 2200 spell power while i have half ot hat in full honor gear.

it's ridiculous. honor pvp weapons would be a greeat start

12/19/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Mutiläte
i came back 4 weeks ago and also have had this problem. everyone is way to far advanced in pvp gear. it makes it impossible to even compete atm

12/20/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Stormkill
I will be really surprised if this is not implemented in 5.2. Blizzard usually listens to good suggestions.

12/19/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Ayume
Just wanted to add to this post. I didn't level my rogue until late in this season, not realizing they were going to add a 2nd tier of gear. Now I'm completely hosed, none of my four level 90's can play arena competitively. And I have no hope of that changing this season, my only option is to just quit and wait for the new season to start.

12/18/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Ves
I completely support this thread, as a returning player. I find it extremely hard to get into arena's right away. Also, this is what is keeping many players away who play classes that are underpowered , and can't to re roll b/c there way to far behind.

12/18/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Fàtal
Wheres the blues :(

12/17/2012 11:50 PMPosted by Swampdonkeys
I'm re-rolling and honestly I keep thinking about the 5 weeks it will take me to get weapons and it makes me not want to play anymore. I haven't even hit 90 yet =/

12/17/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Mirimarbaroo
As above stated nice to see a Gladiator agreeing that gearing an alt right now is near impossible and not just a LTP issue.

This is by far the most frustrating arena season I've played. I have great partners, but all of us started late this season and we're struggling against this gear wall.

12/18/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Raymanz
A really good idea. i hope blizzard can read this.

I took the time to help you out Blizzard... Here are just a few random quotes I have retrieved for you. But, honestly, can you Blizzard??? Can you read this????? Where in the H is your response??????? 9 pages, 170 posts made, not a single blue post. I hope this is a 12/21/12 joke, but I do not find it one bit funny.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I thought the point of giving everyone 40% base resilience was to avoid the enormous gear gaps so often complained about in Cata PVP. Giving fully geared players 15-20% more PVP power over base resilience completely counteracts that. Maybe you were not trying to do this. I don't know. What I do know, is that the system currently in use DOESN'T make sense. This matters very little on my main, who is fully geared, but gearing my alts is painful, in fact I just do not enjoy playing them.

This system punishes not only casual players, but even seasoned experienced players like Nadagastt, who has more experience and success in PVP then 80% of WOW's player base. This is a serious issue that needs some serious attention. When people finally get sick of dealing with it, they are going to stop renewing their subscriptions and you are going to lose customers.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I thought the point of giving everyone 40% base resilience was to avoid the enormous gear gaps so often complained about in Cata PVP. Giving fully geared players 15-20% more PVP power over base resilience completely counteracts that. Maybe you were not trying to do this. I don't know. What I do know, is that the system currently in use DOESN'T make sense. This matters very little on my main, who is fully geared, but gearing my alts is painful, in fact I just do not enjoy playing them.

This system punishes not only casual players, but even seasoned experienced players like Nadagastt, who has more experience and success in PVP then 80% of WOW's player base. This is a serious issue that needs some serious attention. When people finally get sick of dealing with it, they are going to stop renewing their subscriptions and you are going to lose customers.

truthfully, i'll be in great support of overall removal of pvp power.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Good post. Gearing alts is completely unbearable.

Another possible solution I've thought of is making your conquest point season total account wide so that you can get a weapon right away(well, it'd take 2 weeks) on a alt. It may not be the best solution but you can atleast be somewhat viable in full dreadfull plus a weapon.

Honestly though, I doubt anything will change except for us being able to get a honor weapon once s13 starts(hopefully).

Item upgrades can gtfo of pvp too, leave that crap for the raiders.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
blizzard please fix this i have a druid and shaman and a dk alt without a pvp weapon im at such a disadvantage it is not even funny 20% is too much of a gap to fill and blizzard what about "fair play" is important to you? all i see now is nothing but LIES almost everything you guys said this expansion has been a lie and it is funny this "pvp focused" expansion is one of the worst when it comes to pvp.
i would gladly take s5 back since atleast i had a chance to get a pve weapon (which was still good in pvp due to lack of pvp power) or just get my way to 2k and get a pvp weapon.
gearing up is a hidden balance issue you guys have overlooked and are forcing people to do RBGs for more points is wrong what happen to play the game how you want?
i swear when you guys come out tell your philosophy of the next expansion it always feels like it is the complete opposite so i guess that is how we should look at it for now on.

Wotlk "bring the player not the class" we all know that lasted only through T7 due to it being so easy people could clear the raids with their feet.
Cataclysm "Deathwing will be the most epic fight ever created" lets be honest here that was the worst fight ever created the fight goes like this back rub then it leads into a manicure
MoP "we want the players to have more choices of how they play WoW" honestly it feels like im forced into other things to play at a competitive level including pvp.

i know i listed some PVE things i know booooooo lol but still doesnt change the fact blizzard has done nothing but come up short on every big statement they made.

i think WoW as a whole needs different creative control with the minimum of COMMON SENSE for anything to be FIXED.

because the fact there is no honor weapons and the excuse given was "pve players would want them" seriously? why would a PVE player want a PVP weapon that is SUBPAR to a 5 man heroic weapon they could almost easily get in 1 day? blizzard do you not know how PVE players get raid ready?
THEY RUN DUNGEONS i know because i have myself and got most of all my gear from it including 4 463 weapons how would a 458 pvp would hurt PVE i have no clue and neither does blizzard themselves.
Edited by Rikolol on 12/21/2012 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
+1
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i think everyone wants a blue post.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
One problem im facing with my fresh 90 feral druid is that even getting my honor gear is so dreadfully painful (because i have 0 chance of doing arena), even with full contenders gear and a few pieces of dreadful i feel absolutely useless in bg's, i usually have the worst damage (sometimes even under healers and get 3 shot by anyone with even decent gear. Also having no honor pvp weaps doesnt help, i feel more or less forced into doing heroics, or spending 4k gold (which i dont have) to get a weap that has decent stats.

One suggestion is that maybe split max lvl random bgs into 2 or so brackets based on ilvl, this would make gearing in the beginning stages much easier because you would be playing with players with similar gear to yours. I would probably make it so once in a bg you cant change gear or make it so that if your ilvl goes over the max you get kicked or something to make it so players dont switch for better gear once inside be bg.

Because atm based on some rough calculations based on getting 200 honor per loss and 400 per win even with a 50% win rate it would take like 84 or so bg's to get full honor gear , now at lets say 10 minuets a bg that would be 14 hours of bg's (not counting que times) with a 50% win rate just to get full honor.

Another idea for gearing alts is that maybe doing arenas/rbg's over the cap would reward a BOA currency that could be given to one of your alts that could be traded in for honor, sparing you the 14 hours of getting face rolled by geared players.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/21/2012 02:07 AMPosted by Poho
truthfully, i'll be in great support of overall removal of pvp power.

I don't think removing PvP power would be a good solution. PvP power is a good thing for the game, because it helps make PvE items not as useful in arenas as PvP items. I think there just needs to be a system in place to help characters who haven't been playing from week 1 of a season catch up.

The way it currently works is a bit insane. Imagine if PvE bosses got better and better gear every week, and became harder to defeat. If you skipped the first month or two of raiding, you couldn't find any guild or groups to take you, because your gear would be so far behind the PvE bosses. If you wanted to raid on your new character, you'd have to wait for the next tier of raids, when raid boss gear would essentially be reset. That would be crazy, but that's basically the way PvP works right now.
Edited by Nadagastt on 12/21/2012 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
yess !!!! blizzard please read this forums post !

+support
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Day 4, no response (no surprise there). Looks like were going to need to make another repeat thread soon. This is extremely disappointing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]