PvP getting more balanced?

90 Tauren Shaman
Would you agree its more balanced than it was from the start of the season up to the new patch?

I think it is, but there is still alot of tweaks you could say that need to be worked out.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
It's getting there.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Gets worse with every patch/hotfix. Would trade beginning of the season bugged stampede in a second for 6 back to back spammed healing surges to allow me to top someone off.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Depends. After bugged Stampede was fixed? The game was more balanced before 5.1.

Before Stampede was fixed? The game was worse than now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Healing nerfs need to just go away -.- the Mage nerfs, hunter fixes(both nerf and buff), warrior nerfs, and warlock nerfs need to stay. Those were the most disproportionate classes at the start. Some base healing for certain classes can go down just a little, and there really needs to be some tweaks to a few classes like rogue, monk, shaman, ret pally, disc, affliction, and unholy dks. Once they fix it all, things will be more balanced damage and healing wise, then maybe they can get to the real problems, fix them, then put things back how they were before all the nerfs, and everyone can be happy... To an extent xD
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
honestly best balance was in lich king, imo

but thats not to say this season is bad - i am enjoying it.
Edited by Bruwen on 12/19/2012 3:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/19/2012 12:07 AMPosted by Thunky
It's getting there.

It is! Even though I disdain the developer's "wait and see, softly softly" approach they're competent guys, they know what they're doing (which I guess boils it down to more a question of intent?) and even though I get extremely frustrated at times I don't really have much choice other than to trust in them.

honestly best balance was in lich king, imo

but thats not to say this season is bad - i am enjoying it.

!@#$ no, Wrath had some pretty stupid oppositional mechanics which made it seem balanced when in reality it were anything but that. 16k Heroic Throw from Prot Warrior kek.
Reply Quote
Gets worse with every patch/hotfix. Would trade beginning of the season bugged stampede in a second for 6 back to back spammed healing surges to allow me to top someone off.

in other words: "They nerfed me, therefore not as balanced as it was before."

healers are fine.
Reply Quote
22 Human Rogue
12/19/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Dabrenn

in other words: "They nerfed me, therefore not as balanced as it was before."

healers are fine.

Paladins and shamans are fine. Resto druids went from good to not so good. Discipline and Monks went from nonviable to the trash heap.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Rogues have not noticed any difference as far as I can tell? We still lack the ability to stay on our target, we die quickly, and have very little as far as defense other then popping all our CDs which merit us a couple seconds of life!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/19/2012 03:19 AMPosted by Judaäs
Healing nerfs need to just go away -.- the Mage nerfs, hunter fixes(both nerf and buff), warrior nerfs, and warlock nerfs need to stay. Those were the most disproportionate classes at the start. Some base healing for certain classes can go down just a little, and there really needs to be some tweaks to a few classes like rogue, monk, shaman, ret pally, disc, affliction, and unholy dks. Once they fix it all, things will be more balanced damage and healing wise, then maybe they can get to the real problems, fix them, then put things back how they were before all the nerfs, and everyone can be happy... To an extent xD

The problem is that they nerfed healing by 30% and increased damage by 10% (pvp power weapons), HUGE gap...
It's specially painful for Monks because we had the mana from our spells increased by ~10-20% too.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I miss the days when you could global someone, but only after an extensive and skilled set-up that left plenty of room for denying said set up.

Now RMP is just a zerg.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
add back the healing20% should be good, increase fear diminishing returns, 8,7,6,5 no thats stupid should be 8,5,3,immune consaladate cc dm tables. increase mana cost of healing spells in arenas or reduce the benefit from spirit so that u dont have Arenas going too long cuz my 2 min burst isnt globaling anymore so my pressure is easy counter increase dk surv never look for balance 1v1 this games isnt balance that way. main prob i see now i see the amount of cc in game + the healing nerf and maybe they should take the game away from 1 hit macros to timing burst at the right time.
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Grounded

just stop.

I miss the days when you could global someone, but only after an extensive and skilled set-up that left plenty of room for denying said set up.

Now RMP is just a zerg.

where have you been the last 2 years?

PVP right now is more balanced possibly since the beginning of S12, but the thing is, it's still as a whole flawed. Even if many classes can participate, it's not how pvp should be. I should not be able to hit 200k starsurges. (Nor should I need to rely on them for kills) Burst is not fun, there has to be actual strategy with CC and skill going on.
Reply Quote
It's getting better, but I wish my offheals weren't poop :<

That and you must have decent gear to avoid being one-shot. But if you've got the gear, the balance isn't bad. Gearing alts is impossible, though.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
Balance is actually pretty good overall. There are some classes that are still to strong and a few that are to weak, but overall balance is better.

I would say right now is the most balanced the game has been since season 8 which IMO was the most balanced this game has ever been.

The healing nerfs was the best change ever.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Would you agree its more balanced than it was from the start of the season up to the new patch?

I think it is, but there is still alot of tweaks you could say that need to be worked out.

I agree that it has gotten better, but we know that there's more ground to cover and we're always working to improve. In light of that, there are still many more changes coming in patch 5.2.

I can't talk about them just yet, but keep your eyes open for more information in the coming weeks.
Edited by Daxxarri on 12/19/2012 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]