PvP getting more balanced?

90 Draenei Shaman
Please, stop with the blanket nerfs. If you judge one classes healing too strong, then change that class; do not keep taking the easy nerf all healing approach.

Stop with the lazy changes and evaluate each class and where you want them to be. Cooldown stacking is stupid. Chaining CC's for 30 seconds at a time is stupid. Instant CC's are stupid. They do not promote out playing your opponent, there is no out lasting anymore, it's pop your CD's and kill someone in a stun.

While I agree wih the sentiment that "instant cc is stupid", I think it's important to distinguish which ones and why. Interrupts are a form of instant cc and though I don't like how prevalent they are, they can be countered by fake casting. So to me, if it's instant, has a short cd, and can't be countered, then it becomes an issue.
Reply Quote
I'm very happy with MoP at the moment and having a blast in arena even though my class got nerfed last patch. This is by far my favorite expansion.

Only things I would change have nothing to do with balancing. Like allowing cross server arenas, fixing mmr to be more forgiving, lowering elite gear to a more reasonable level, and finally making 2v2 give gladiator OR have 3v3 give glad at 3% instead of .05%.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Can we give back rewards to 2v2 arena? I know you guys gave up on it ages ago but any arena participation is better than none.
Reply Quote
Yesterday a warrior farted on me and I died. I didnt even see his face... just his b Buttcheek's flapping in the wind under his kilt as he Charged past me. He didnt even have me targeted.

And then I wondered.... why am I playing a class that got gutted to worthlessness..

I feel (or should I say smell) your pain, brother.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
I come out of stealth and die - so seems about the same as the beginning
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Depends, if you are joining now, it is WAY worse. The wepon pvp power increase and the upgrade system made it impossible to enter pvp.

On balance changes, it is much, much better. There are still problems with CD stacking and some specs survival. Basically, if you playing for a while this season and isn't a monk, a boomkin or a dps Shaman you should be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Here's hoping for some enhancement defensive buffs. We are STILL the squishiest class and nerfs keep coming since resto is always god mode.

Suggestions:

make maelstrom stack from getting attacked.

Buff stone bulwark/astral shift

Or a new defensive cd because astral shift/ stone bulwark is not cutting as is
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Balanced? Still waiting for pvp power to actually benefit heals for mistweaver monks...
Reply Quote
In light of that, there are still many more changes coming in patch 5.2.

I can't talk about them just yet, but keep your eyes open for more information in the coming weeks.

Daxxarri will be named gladiator for all future seasons to end all the fighting for the title!
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
Would you agree its more balanced than it was from the start of the season up to the new patch?

I think it is, but there is still alot of tweaks you could say that need to be worked out.

I agree that it has gotten better, but we know that there's more ground to cover and we're always working to improve. In light of that, there are still many more changes coming in patch 5.2.

I can't talk about them just yet, but keep your eyes open for more information in the coming weeks.

If DKs don't get some survivability and utility there is gonna be so much rage and tears. then after i'm done being emotional im gonna look at all the other DKs on the forum doing the same thing
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Would you agree its more balanced than it was from the start of the season up to the new patch?

I think it is, but there is still alot of tweaks you could say that need to be worked out.

I agree that it has gotten better, but we know that there's more ground to cover and we're always working to improve. In light of that, there are still many more changes coming in patch 5.2.

Question if you can answer Daxx.

Ghostcrawler cited the consequences of constant hotfixing is frustrating part of the player-base, and although they're not terribly vocal here, it is evident they exist. With the comments from you and he, the Dev team seems to plan more hotfixes along with the changes coming in 5.2.

Are you guys worried the frustrated player base may become more irritated?

Also, if you can answer, why the change of philosophy? Hotfixes used to be hated.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

We need more communication from devs and CM's alike like this. Even if you can't let us in on the details of planned changes, it's encouraging to know you still think pvp is worth balancing (something many of us have gotten the feeling that blizz's position is much more... indifferent. Your actions and the time it has taken for them to go live speaks much louder than words).

Keep it up.

I agree 100%, bud! Just this little blurp from Daxxarri is making me look forward to the next patch now.

12/19/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Grounded
Gets worse with every patch/hotfix. Would trade beginning of the season bugged stampede in a second for 6 back to back spammed healing surges to allow me to top someone off.

(O_o) ...I'm assuming this is either sarcasm or you're playing resto with enhance gear on. Hehe. Nah dude, it's gotten better, and i think it's gonna get even better come 5.2. I'm really happy with PvP thus far...just wish we had more flag capturing bgs...hehe
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's getting better, but damage is still out of hand, and cc is broken. DR needs to happen faster than it is and all cc should share it except silences. Nerfing healers first was dumb. Not sure what they were thinking doubling pvp power and then nerfing healing.
This is by far the worst expansion for balance. If 5.2 doesn't fix the mess they've made I'm probably done, because healing in arenas and bgs is not fun anymore. It's nothing but a burst fest and players getting globaled in cc.

So yeah, getting better but still extremely broken unless you roll one of the overpowered classes. Just knowing there is multiple op classes speaks for how bad things are.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I lol'd at that blue post. When I stop seeing KFC/warrior,x,x every game ill notice the change.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

I’d like to see more blue visibility like Daxxarri’s comment here. Sure it doesn’t say much but the important thing is it’s a sign of life, which in the years I’ve looked at the PvP forums has been conspicuously infrequent.

There are often a lot of threads outlining various issues. Even a little “we agree”, “don’t agree” or “on the radar, seek feedback” gives the impression there’s life in the PvP design closet at Blizzard.

This comment appears much more valuable than most blue comments I see.
Reply Quote

So - warriors will be nerfed (more), spriests will be - no, I think already were - nerfed, shamans - no, wait, what's a shaman again? - monks will get buffs that are not really buffs, and mages - are just fine the way they are, really.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/19/2012 04:48 AMPosted by Junkpunch

in other words: "They nerfed me, therefore not as balanced as it was before."

healers are fine.

Paladins and shamans are fine. Resto druids went from good to not so good. Discipline and Monks went from nonviable to the trash heap.

There's some truth in each statement. Much of what predicates being able to say whether one class has an advantage or disadvantage over another is gear. I'm pretty well geared, so Disc in my gear is substantially different for someone who recently decided to dip his or her toes into this shark-infested water. Going into a bg without at least full dreadful is going to be painful.

I was happy to hear focused will was coming back, I got that back as my gear was steadily improving and for about a week or two, really saw light at the end of the tunnel only to get slammed by the speeding train called 'Battle Fatigue.' AKA a 30% nerf to healing. Didn't see that coming or how negatively that would impact a class like mine that was struggling before. We had mana issues before, now, fuggedaboutit. OOM like it's my job.

Moreover, I'm happy to see a response from Blizzard regarding PvP. However, it happens far too infrequently. There are substantial numbers of unhappy PvP players who haven't taken pen to paper yet so to speak. One thing many of them will agree upon is how crowd control abilities ruin game play for them. I've asked multiple times in BGs and have yet to see the response, "Yes, I'm happy with how much CC there is in game." Many even admit their class has too much CC.

Finally, I know that game design isn't a democracy and players' complaints don't dictate changes in every case. I get it. This one particular issue, however seems to have dogged this expansion for PvP players: fix CC. I'm not going to suggest how, but it feels broken. That's enough for you guys to start with. At this point do you need more evidence?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
2 main issues I am still seeing:

Healer mana, seems to be infinite still.

Druids Displacer Beast, in Arena's, can cause a match to never end. This ability is more powerful than a rogue's Vanish, and has a CD 1/6th the time. CD needs to raise drastically.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It's getting better.

I have some optimism for the game getting better with recent changes. They still have a long ways to go but I haven't seen this many changes in the middle of a season since, forever.

The difference between this season and s5 is that they left MOST of what was broken in s5 until the start of s6, essentially giving people free passes. This season IMO started out far worse than s5 was, but unlike that season they have been making changes.

If they keep up with changes and really do identify the problems, we might have a good season. This waiting until a new season and giving people free passes is really silly IMO.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin

Honestly when there are specs that are as laughable as Disc, I have a hard time even logging in to do BGs.

I've given up on PvP until something is done to breathe like back into it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]