PvP getting more balanced?

90 Orc Death Knight
Stampede shouldnt be allowed in arenas, it is wayy too much burst to deal w/. If us DK's cant use army in arenas then neither should hunters be able to use Stampede.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/19/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Trip
I swear Rogues aren't even that weak. I'm tipping if blizz caves and buffs them next season is going to be s11 all over again.

I feel like I called it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Stampede shouldnt be allowed in arenas, it is wayy too much burst to deal w/. .

Stampede after the bug fix is a joke- it does like 50k damage over 20 seconds. Remove it completely for all I care.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
NMB
The 5.2 changes are definitely going in the right direction. But I can't get over the fact that MoP was released in that state.

There are thousands of people (I assume) that test the beta. There is an alpha. Blizzard are known for treating their games with love and not releasing them until they are happy with what their games are like.

So then HOW IN THE WORLD DID MOP GET RELEASED IN SUCH A PITIFUL STATE FOR PVP?

Did Blizzard honestly not see some of the outcomes coming for their instant aoe CC abilities? Did they not predict the effects of things like a 5 stack TfB? I thought these things would be tested.

It feels like they ask the wrong people to play their beta or they just don't test it as well as we think.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Yesterday a warrior farted on me and I died. I didnt even see his face... just his b Buttcheek's flapping in the wind under his kilt as he Charged past me. He didnt even have me targeted.

And then I wondered.... why am I playing a class that got gutted to worthlessness..

And the sad thing is your class was so broken towards the end of last expansion that most people probably feel it's warranted for your class to be garbage for the rest of the expansion.

It's really blizzard's fault they should of corrected the situation during season 11 and not have thrown the last year of that expansion away pissing everyone off.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/19/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Daxxarri
I agree that it has gotten better, but we know that there's more ground to cover and we're always working to improve. In light of that, there are still many more changes coming in patch 5.2.

One change that i think will ruin the balance is the nerf of the warriors defensives, i feel that the shockwave nerf was clever but not entirely necessary, but second wind is unreasonable.

The real issue that needed addressing was warrior Offensive cooldowns. I am able to drop my mage friend in 1 stun with my cooldowns. that is not fair. Balancing warriors is simple. Nerf warrior Offensive cooldowns, even if this means Avatar and Recklessness cant stack , nerfing the Offensive abilities themselves or introducing new warrior offensives all together.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/22/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Cleavageqt
I agree that it has gotten better, but we know that there's more ground to cover and we're always working to improve. In light of that, there are still many more changes coming in patch 5.2.

One change that i think will ruin the balance is the nerf of the warriors defensives, i feel that the shockwave nerf was clever but not entirely necessary, but second wind is unreasonable.

The real issue that needed addressing was warrior Offensive cooldowns. I am able to drop my mage friend in 1 stun with my cooldowns. that is not fair. Balancing warriors is simple. Nerf warrior Offensive cooldowns, even if this means Avatar and Recklessness cant stack , nerfing the Offensive abilities themselves or introducing new warrior offensives all together.

I would like to see warrior sustained possibly improved with cooldown stacking addressed.
Second wind right now is absolutely broken I am sorry but it is. It either needs to be something you have to actually activate or have an internal cooldown tied to it. It should not be infinite wind like it is right now. If the warrior is smart and understands basic line of sighting they can really drag out their deaths with second wind. There needs to be some sort of thought to it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Its not supposed to be "balanced". True dmg dealers should be able to nuke you(Mage,Rougue,Warlock,Warrior)..... other classes that has self heals and group tools, should NOT be able to nuke you.... yall sound like you want everyone to roll the same class/spec/talents and have a standoff.

Im just madbro.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/22/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Barrìcade
Its not supposed to be "balanced". True dmg dealers should be able to nuke you(Mage,Rougue,Warlock,Warrior)..... other classes that has self heals and group tools, should NOT be able to nuke you.... yall sound like you want everyone to roll the same class/spec/talents and have a standoff.

I know what your getting at, but warriors at the moment are over-buffed in their offensive cooldowns. Sure they are damage deals but iv been able to kill players within 1 stun. Thats ridiculous. The issues that need to be addressed are warriors offensives, with that solved. Second Wind and Shockwave wouldn't be an issue
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
NMB

Im just madbro.

Omg I have been saying this all along. You sir, I tip my hat off to you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
bump
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Balanced? Not really.

This game is FAR too homogenized to be any fun.

What happened to the days where not everyone had to have an interrupt or a stun? When dps actually had to rely on getting heals instead of popping an insane self healing cd...

Not to mention this gear grind is ATROCIOUS! Quit for about a year and leveled my rdruid first. I'm not a great player but I was 2300+. I'm so far behind in gear I'll never be competitive this season. Getting trounced by players in the 14-1500 bracket because they out gear me significantly is so sad. This upgrade system assures that those who did not grind from the beginning of the season are at a significant disadvantage!

I remember Nuvoz hitting glad in blues with the blue honor weapon.

No class is really that unique or individual anymore. Burst is still OOC. Remember when it used to require coordination to CC a healer and their other team mate to line up a kill? Doesnt matter anymore. Pom ring/sheep, scatter, silence, stun not to mention everyone having an interrupt you have to potentially juke.

The games overall skill cap has decreased significantly.

Blizzards knee jerk reaction to 5.2 is also silly. Eliminating blanket silences completely is dumb. Why not just it it in 1/2? Why all the way right away?

Doing away with instant CCs is a decent start. But all the homogenization has taken away all the creativity and fun this game used to have.

I will be cancelling again tonight. Its nothing to blizz but I'm gonna show my displeasure with my wallet
Edited by Haawgleg on 1/5/2013 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Damage from specific classes when combining burst CDs is still far too high relative to healing for all classes except Resto Shaman and Holy Paladins. Personally I still feel pretty helpless against Warriors, albeit because of Berserker Rage making them Fear immune. I can juke every Pummel and still die.

I understand that Im undergeared, but still.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]