5.2 warlock nerfs w/ represenation so low

90 Worgen Warlock
Aff only w' gosac was strong in pve and took a direct 5% nerf. The hit to destro is overkill (when you look at destro's performance) and the demo one makes zero sense since nobody played it w' sac anyhow. Nerfing self healing further from soul leech means we will never have enough self heals to offset spell cost. Thus we can't even do dailys without a healer or stopping to drink/eat like some vanilla era mage.

PVP however this basically is the complete end to any viability for any spec. We don't have enough defenses nor damage right now so nerfing our control (blood fear was strong and propping up the class so while it may have needed to change we needed big buffs elsewhere), our damage/pressure, and our defenses we got killed through anyhow. Mages keep the *longer* blanket silence on CS but locks lose our shorter version? You basically will never be able to cast a fear again.

Look at macro pvp stats and everything below locks (rogue/monk) got majorly buffed for pvp while locks were gutted. We are borderline non viable now and gutting control, defense, and damage is not recoverable.

A whole class that is pvp non viable....like don't even bother to try to participate in this half of the game...is not okay. Blizzard demonstrats its complete ignorance for pvp design with these patch notes. Either someone prominent on the dev team has some personal grudge against the class (or the former dev who was a patron of the class) and can't be professional enough to divorce personal from professional in terms of quality of work or they are completely ignorant.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I take back my earlier statement...apparently destro deserves 5% less DPS, even though the spec is like 12th in over all damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Kinda hoping for destro buffs but I doubt it with all sobbing about chaos bolt on the pvp forums. Would be nice though. Love nuking.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
If you made backdraft reduce CB cast time 33/66/100% and gave locks the same baseline mitigation as spriests/boomkin/hunters/etc (basically all ranged) we might have a toolkit that worked.

I'm fine w' blood fear going away but we need reworks to both the blood fear and CC tiers. Unbound will should just be a pvp trinket period, no HP cost, no removing VT/UA and blowing up in our faces...c'mon that's just trolling us. Unending resolve needs to be on a 1 min CD (or a minor glyph that sheds dmg reduction but keeps the cc protection). Burning rush is literally only good for pve wipe runbacks....change it to a death's advance passive w' a hand of freedom on use (on approx same uptime/cd as the pally one). Give us back baseline howl, coil, sfury (maybe dest only?) but let the tier buff each spell. IE howl gains the "reduces cd when struck", coil gains more healing and from 45 to 30 sec cd, sfury gains 1 sec on duration and is now a physical effect.

Oh and archi's vengeance needs to work at a vastly different rate vs pve and pvp. Probably also needs the pve caveat of only working vs abilities directly targeted at the lock. That would let it be tuned for pvp. Comparing pvp and pve raid damage you can NEVER find a balance point so stop trying.

Glyphs of darksoul need to change to not be impotent when ability is on CD. Trading CD vs passive is fine, never using the CD in lieu of a very minor passive is awful. If there is literally NEVER a situation pve or pvp to use it then its pretty piss poor design isn't it?!? I mean if someone designs a product nobody could or would ever use or want then they did a very poor job right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I think aff's damage is high enough we can take the Nerf to GoSac and be ok. IT was nice feeling like it was ok to be a top dps spec for once, but appearantly mages got to keep that slot... I can live with it, even if I do somewhat resent mages for always holding #1.

But the nerf to Soul Siphon is just completely out of bounds. THere is no way warlock self healing is any sort of a problem atm. I dont think its fully paying for our lifetaps as it is, now we are being made even MORE of a leach on our healers then we already were? WHY????

If bliz can't tolerate us having passive self healing, then get rid of the health costs on our T4 talents and Lifetap already.
Reply Quote
7 Undead Priest
all fine and dandy when its mages , eh locs?

everyone knew your turn was coming, welcome aboard..........
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm on the fence about the Soul Leech change. Has any one had a chance to test it out yet? Depending on how it's implemented it could work to our advantage.

I couldn't find info on the Soul siphon nerf. What is it?
Edited by Fenmarel on 12/22/2012 7:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Where are people getting this misinformation about Glyph of Embers and Soul Shards?

BOTH of those are baseline for the locks of their respective specs in 5.2. You lose nothing.

Also I see nothing of harvest life being nerfed.

Edit:

FYI in the unofficial notes as usual there are things that are ALREADY live and simply tooltip changes much like how it mentioned Aura of Enfeeblement.
Edited by Purebalance on 12/22/2012 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Pure,
Early datamined release showed things like silence from CS remained but spell lock silence gone, ember/shard glyphs gone with NO compensation, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Pure,
Early datamined release showed things like silence from CS remained but spell lock silence gone, ember/shard glyphs gone with NO compensation, etc.

Go with the patch notes preview from this site. Pay no mind to the datamined stuff.

• Glyph of Burning Embers has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Destruction Warlocks.
  • Glyph of Soul Shards has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Affliction Warlocks.

No compensation needed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I don't mind having my pet out, but please for the love of god, don't make us pet dance again.

Look guys, in the end, the spreadsheet guys will run the numbers and then they'll tell us which spec and which grimoire is the best. And then we'll all adapt to it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/21/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Werst
Look at macro pvp stats and everything below locks (rogue/monk) got majorly buffed for pvp while locks were gutted.

Look on the bright side! After four months of 5.2 in which warlocks fall to where monks and rogues currently are (not that they're much higher to begin with)...we still probably won't have any issues addressed. Hoho. Better nerf chaos bolt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It doesn't matter how represented a class is, in regards to balance.

You've already been given a lot of attention in MoP.

Nerfing your PVE dps is inevitable, but be glad it likely won't be as harsh as the fire nerfs.

Not to be rude in any way at all, but you would be laughed out of the forums for saying this in cata. In cata we were crap. Mages and Spriests later in the expac blew us out of the water in damage.

Now in mop we are finally competitive although a lot higher than other specs. But given blizz's recent handling with mages, they are harsh when it comes to the nerf bat.

Fixed for you.
Edited by Warping on 12/23/2012 2:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The 3x lowest represented classes in pvp were all very close to each other. Rogue and Monk got godmode buffs everywhere while locks were gutted. That is very questionable logic.

Love how all the people who made RLS representation threads daily now say representation doesn't matter when we are in the toilet and 5.2 is about to flush the bloody thing....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/23/2012 02:28 AMPosted by Warping
It doesn't matter how represented a class is, in regards to balance.

Uh-huh. I'm sure warriors going from one of the bottom three in season 11 to nearly having 20% representation was just them realizing how awesome they really are, too.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Given how warriors tend to overscale from gear I can only imagine what next season has in store for us in terms of warrior damage. Add in the buffs to rogue/monk and its going to be another melee mongofest.

So if locks are to have ANY hope at pvp parity we are going to need to be able to function vs melee which is the one thing we basically have never been able to do. 5.2 patch notes move us further than ever from this position giving specs that are historically hard counters to locks more buffs while nerfing locks when we are already struggling more than anytime in history.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
How did this thread turn into something about our damage in PvE when the OP was clearly referring to PvP, and was referring to more than our damage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/23/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Vreivai
How did this thread turn into something about our damage in PvE when the OP was clearly referring to PvP, and was referring to more than our damage.

Because PvE usually drives damage numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/23/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Avatarroku

Because PvE usually drives damage numbers.

That...doesn't answer my question. At all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Given how warriors tend to overscale from gear I can only imagine what next season has in store for us in terms of warrior damage.

Yeah, that Warrior scaling got pretty nuts last season when they got their T2 weapons.

Oh wait...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]