5.2 warlock nerfs w/ represenation so low

1 Gnome Priest
12/21/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Werst
Mages keep the *longer* blanket silence on CS but locks lose our shorter version?

They lost the blanket silence on Counterspell too.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
In an early datamined version the lock removal of the blanket silence was listed and the mage one was not....obv that changed as things updated. At the time of posting it was accurate. I'm guessing you are late to the discussion....
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
12/21/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Agoroth
Quitting so fast if they nerf a down class like this. Yes, affli is good in PvE. No, we do not have a viable pvp spec atm. Easily replaced by a shadowpriest or a mage in any comp, these pvp nerfs are beyond overkill and honestly blizzard you are !@#$ing retarded if you let these changes go live.

I totally agree
Reply Quote
But wait... i thought a patch wasn't official without warlock nerfs. Why is this surprising...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They've done this time and time again, nerf locks into the ground even with a low representation.

I just don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend. The best 5% of all warlocks are not indicative of how warlocks perform on a broad level.

But hey, at least we get green fire 10 years after the fact *rollseyes* (maybe. . . )
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Green fire with destro non viable pve and pvp...so we have it just no place to actually use it.

Locks have their lowest rep in recorded history of wow. Oddly arms is roughly 1400% more represented than the next spec and many times worse than RLS was last expansion. If you complained about locks then you should be going torches and pitchforks over the present balance. Statisitically speaking wow pvp has never been so imbalanced as it is in MoP. Hard to claim job well done Greg...

So GC's team's notion to make it better is to take the lowest 2/3 specs (who are all similarly represented) and give them godlike buffs. I can see the logic in this. Might be overkill, might not, but at least gets them back on the radar. However you take the 3rd least represented and instead of buffing the things that are terribly wrong it gets gutted. Yes blood fear needed to change but we need ALOT of other changes to fix other things with most of those changes being buffs. Especially buffs that don't touch pve. (ua dispels granting a shard, uninteruptable MG or at least DL, etc)

Fix the stuff that's wrong with our specs in pvp in ways that don't impact pve significantly. THAT is what locks need and that is what the game needs. Just beating a class to the point any player shouldn't even consider trying to participate in one half of the game is never acceptable. Many very experienced and high end locks have made many threads in recent times about how to do that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Stop making sense, Werst. You know logic doesn't apply when it comes to 'locks. Start a QQ thread we can all get behind and.... oh wait, damnit. Your sense making applies there too, not enough 'locks to respond in it. I guess nothing ever changes for us, be elite or play on an RP server.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Hey hey guise but PC Gamer said MoP is the best expansion ever or so I see on that stupid commercial every time it airs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The dev behavior defies logic and every scrap of public data we have available to us. I really think that none of the people in the room when the devs get to discussing things look out for the class or can speak as intelligently to the plight of warlocks as someone who mains them (and/or has main'd a lock for years)

That crucial lack of perspective and advocacy is what is making for the odd if not outright questionable direction/decisionmaking regarding the class. That in turn fuels the less than stellar relationship the devs have with the warlock community.

So please....hire someone already who has that background or viewpoint. We know there is an opening since someone who shall not be named left semi recently. Hell send me a link and I'll app for the position. At least you'd never have to hear from me on the forums again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

stats says it all, we need buffs blizz
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So please....hire someone already who has that background or viewpoint. We know there is an opening since someone who shall not be named left semi recently. Hell send me a link and I'll app for the position. At least you'd never have to hear from me on the forums again.

I'm not sure I'd want to be the chef in this restaurant. Tonight on Kitchen Nightmares...

What I really wish is that the stuff they change for PvP reasons doesn't affect PvE performance and vice versa. But it always does, and things slosh back and forth, back and forth with little consistency.

You've already demonstrated that you can add additional specs to every class (droods now have 4 specs, yes?). Why not add a brand new PvP spec to every class, and require that people be specced in it to play PvP stuff? Then you only have to worry about 11 different specs, instead of trying to juggle 34 of them all at once.

Make it easy on yourselves and make the two orthogonal.
Edited by Missdotzalot on 12/27/2012 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
12/21/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Kallìk
Please never use this argument again. This is like saying Combat was strong in Cata so they should gut it during MoP. Noone pays any mind to a specs past performance in other expansions to judge how it is now. This is the worst example you could use that would get you "laughed out of the forums" for using it. No one likes this example, it is the worst way of saying "Don't nerf me bro." Other specs were lower than mages and spriests in Cata, and its irrelevant to their performance now. So just stop it.

This so much, people would say it to mages a lot when they would comment about nerfs. People who play a spec were not the ones who made it stronger/weaker so they should not be punished based on how the spec/class did before.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
warlock dps is much, much higher than other similar specs. their cooldowns are incredibly potent, they scale very well with all secondary stats, and they are able to skimp on hit rating because of pandemic. many times, even when i will get a strong top 50 ranking (for my spec) on a given fight, i will lose to my guilds warlocks by more than 20% damage done.

very often, the only period of substantial deviation between my dps and theirs is during lust (warlock resource regen scales very well with haste) and when they blow cooldowns (which can be combined with lust for ridiculous effect). their damage often spikes for more than double my spike damage, and their spike lasts 30-50% longer than 'spriest burst' of a shadowfiend, devouring plague, mindblast and then back to our regularly scheduled rotation.

from my vantage, the problem is more that shadow needs better cooldowns, but i can see where nerfing warlocks might be necessary just due to scaling. it'd be hard to come up with new set bonuses which are upgrades to the current tier set that wouldn't cause locks to do 40-50% more than some of the weaker specs.

Not to be rude in any way at all, but you would be laughed out of the forums for saying this in cata. In cata we were crap. Mages and Spriests later in the expac blew us out of the water in damage.

Now in mop we are finally competitive although a bit higher than other specs. But given blizz's recent handling with mages, they are kinda blind when it comes to the nerf bat.

Grim Sac got nerfed by 5% so that would reduce the damage for a lot of our spells by 5% in both afflic and destro and arguably demo.

Nerfs are both good and bad. Would i want to see my class nerfed? Not really. Do i STILL want to be viable and competitive, even after nerfs? Absolutely.

Sadly I am sceptical about the nerfs incoming for locks. It might be hard and looking at mages makes me concerned.

tl;dr

news flash this isnt cata...

the only reason the nerfs are coming is because most likely you guys will be even further ahead than you are now otherwise it would of been a hotfix. chances are you will still be ahead by the same amount.
Edited by Turmoyl on 12/28/2012 12:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
What was Destro doing that we deserve even more nerfs? Nerfs that will hurt us more than Afflics nerfs hurt that spec, even.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
12/28/2012 03:10 AMPosted by Saitharis
What was Destro doing that we deserve even more nerfs? Nerfs that will hurt us more than Afflics nerfs hurt that spec, even.

Welcome to the mentality when fire mages got nerfed but affliction was ahead before and didn't get touched.

Edit:
My point is that they seem to have arbitrary preferences for which specs out-peforms others. Obviously having everyone at the same dps is next to impossible at least with how the game is set up so they will have to choose who does more dps, but they don't seem to follow a logic based on how well people are doing versus whether they should be nerfed or not.
Edited by Hiroran on 12/28/2012 5:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
why does everyone think that the loss of the glyph means a loss of a soul shard? I guess people don't know what the word baseline means.Don't worry bud you will still have 4 shards :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Arcane says hi....just shut up please..mages still have one amazing spec and so do locks arcane is actually better so please stop being a tool.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
12/28/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Shivale
Arcane says hi....just shut up please..mages still have one amazing spec and so do locks arcane is actually better so please stop being a tool.

First, where did i say arcane was not a good spec? Where did I say any thing that relates to that? Also affliction has it currently stands is better than arcane so no arcane is not actually better. You should probably take your own advice about being a "tool" before you calls other that.

I said nothing that was false, I said nothing that was misleading, I even mentioned that naturally there woulds be specs doing better than others and that blizzard seems to pick arbitrary class to lead that while nerfing/buffing others when there are better/worse classes/specs.

Your comment to me made assumptions about my post that didn't change the post in any way and you made up facts like saying arcane was better than affliction. That makes you the "tool" not me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Just wondering, what significant nerfs did warlocks receive? I saw the GrimSac nerf, the felhound nerf, and the Blood Feat nerf. Were there others?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/28/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Monica
Just wondering, what significant nerfs did warlocks receive? I saw the GrimSac nerf, the felhound nerf, and the Blood Feat nerf. Were there others?

Nothing much. People are making mounds out of mole hills.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]