Thank you Blizzard!!

100 Pandaren Monk
So I was reading the 5.2 patch notes for mistweaver, and I must say, I thought blizzard was going to somehow nerf mistweavers again.... yet to my surprise we are getting some good treats this time!! Im holding my breath on the mastery, hopefully they have finally found a fix (that they will keep) this time. So far everything looks good, I am curious as to how much mana chi wave will cost, since it no longer cost chi. Seems most of our spells are going mana based, so I wonder other than enveloping mists/expel harm and uplift, what else will chi be used for?

So far im a happy monk!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I didn't see anything worth celebrating there. 30 sec cd on chi burst? W t f is that about? 15 sec cd on wave? I guess they want to make the craptacular sphere attractive with the change to it and giving the other two the hammer.

The mastery doesn't change, just unused hard cast spheres (aka fail targeting) after 1 minute.

My assumption from reading the notes is that the t30 talents will be free since no mana costs were noted. Seems like an indirect nerf on top of the long(er) cooldowns since they also won't generate tea and we'll end up chi capping and/or using sub-optimal dumps. Overhealing uplifts or envelopings here we come...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Worst part is Jab will most likely be fixed and cost 11.7k mana... RIP melee healing 5.0-5.1 nerfs.
Edited by Kungfuwaifu on 12/22/2012 3:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
94 Goblin Warlock
12/22/2012 03:18 AMPosted by Linnelle
I didn't see anything worth celebrating there. 30 sec cd on chi burst? W t f is that about? 15 sec cd on wave? I guess they want to make the craptacular sphere attractive with the change to it and giving the other two the hammer.

You forgot to mention they doubled the healing on both of them. Yeah, we don't get to chain chi bursts anymore, but now we have a free, decently large AoE heal on a short cooldown.

Does have the unfortunate downside of making Chi an even less interesting resource though.
The mastery doesn't change, just unused hard cast spheres (aka fail targeting) after 1 minute.

Where did you hear that? The datamined stuff has it tacked onto GotS too and the official patch notes don't say anything about it only effecting casted spheres.
Edited by Leviathan on 12/22/2012 4:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
12/22/2012 04:09 AMPosted by Leviathan
You forgot to mention they doubled the healing on both of them. Yeah, we don't get to chain chi bursts anymore, but now we have a free, decently large AoE heal on a short cooldown.

I don't consider 30s a "short cd" for what Chi Burst is, even at 100% more healing. Consider the fact that Chi Burst is the least fire-and-forget of those talents as you have to pick a perfect target positionally (Grid has a plugin for this, which I use, idk about other healing addons but there's a good chance many MWs already aren't optimizing their Chi Bursts). Doubling the throughput of Chi Burst is basically saying 4 chi (the current cost of 2 Chi Bursts) is worth 30 seconds (the 5.2 cost). Which it isn't.

And yeah, taking away Chi dumps is not something I'm a fan of. This leaves us with Tiger Palm, BoK, EM, and Uplift for Chi dumps.

The primary issue I'm seeing here is we now have a gap in our toolkit for AoE healing if the people who need healing do not have RM on them (definitely a common occurance in 25s), especially if the raid is spread out at all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Our AOE healing toolkit is still clunky...even with the 5.2 changes...

RM isn't hitting enough targets to have Uplift worth using until after 8 or more RMs are out (and this is only with the help of TFT). Any RMs less than 8, Chi Burst is better. Now with 5.2, da heck do you want us to do now? I'm sick of Chi Torpedoing lol, though its fun to VRRRRRRROOOOOOMMMMM around the raid ( <3 Affiniti).

Would a revert of RM and maybe reduce the healing of Uplift been better?

Again, this is PTR stuff and its not final, but Tier 3 talents still don't look good. I understand Blizzard has stated that Mistweavers are (atm) hard to balance, it seems they are confused on how we should be healing.

Still like the idea of Eminence being 40 yds, but still very niche depending on the fight. I dunno, I'm just rambling here. Maybe Chi Wave will be better in a raid setting if say they change the tooltip to only to bounce to heal targets rather than going back to forth to damage? I dunno.

I'm not happy with 5.2 changes...even with the mastery stuff.
Reply Quote
94 Goblin Warlock

I don't consider 30s a "short cd" for what Chi Burst is, even at 100% more healing. Consider the fact that Chi Burst is the least fire-and-forget of those talents as you have to pick a perfect target positionally (Grid has a plugin for this, which I use, idk about other healing addons but there's a good chance many MWs already aren't optimizing their Chi Bursts). Doubling the throughput of Chi Burst is basically saying 4 chi (the current cost of 2 Chi Bursts) is worth 30 seconds (the 5.2 cost). Which it isn't.

Oh for sure. I don't like the changes at all, just wanted to point out there was a little more to it.

Gaps in the kit is spot on. The change leaves us in this really awkward spot where we really don't have much to do in an AoE except throw out uplifts and hope ReM is playing nice.

From a less balance, more mechanical point of view, not having that third direct healing chi dump is going to feel really limiting in general too. I really hate the idea of Uplift being our only real option when we aren't fistweaving, it cheapens the concept of Chi as a secondary resource and only strips us even more of control. in a spec that already barely has control over anything.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am pretty sure the OP is confused and meant to post this in DPS forums because it is a good improvement to WW. Definitely not MW that I can see!
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Swaggle

And yeah, taking away Chi dumps is not something I'm a fan of. This leaves us with Tiger Palm, BoK, EM, and Uplift for Chi dumps.

The primary issue I'm seeing here is we now have a gap in our toolkit for AoE healing if the people who need healing do not have RM on them (definitely a common occurance in 25s), especially if the raid is spread out at all.

The removal of Chi is a fantastic change for Brewmasters though.

BM and MW have opposite problems: Mistweavers don't have too many interesting chi dumps, while Brewmasters don't have the chi to spare for anything other than Blackout Kick and Purifying Brew. The entire tier was lackluster for tanks because they just couldn't spare the chi.

I like the new change, though 30 seconds is still a bit long, even if healing/damage is doubled. Hopefully it gets shortened before the patch launches.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I was hoping for a decent on-demand AOE heal.
SCK hits like.. a bandage. Uplift is useless without RM on everyone.
Not impresses with the patch notes at all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The OP must be reading different notes/info. I see a lot of nerfs tbh.

Chi Wave/Burst healing/damage/ap scaling doubled... Burst now has 15 second CD. I think I'd rather have a shorter CD and less healing TBH. Maybe a matter of preference?

Renewing Mist heals any friendly target now. Just what I always wanted, my RM to jump to people NOT in my group/raid. /sarcasm. Also mana cost increase.

Enveloping Mist healing and scaling reduced by 35%. The spell is already kinda meh. Come on Blizz!

Soothing Mist mana cost slightly increased and chance to grant chi reduced.

Jab mana cost increased to 3.9%, up from 3%

The unpublished datamined notes says Crane Kick (Brewmaster) now cost 7.15% base mana up from 5.5%... Except Brewmasters don't use mana. MW version of Crane Kick already cost too much mana IMO.

Our mastery is still lame.

About the only really good buff I see is Life Cocoon absorb being doubled.

How about making our Zen Med worth a damn. If you want to start screwing RM, how about giving back the 3rd jump. Give us a mastery that doesn't rely on people doing something to make it worthwhile... Learn from your mistakes, no one likes lightwell. Id really like to be able to place my healing spheres based on my target and not clicking on the ground too. I like to keep the tank supplied with them, but sometimes hard to see tank or pay attention when so much stuff going on in a raid, and they are moving. Maybe make the healing sphere ability more like an earth shield kinda mechanic. Let's you place 1 orb on 3 different people, or 3 orbs on 1 person, 2 on 1 and 1 on another, etc. They are absorbed when they lose health, or not at full health.

Anyhow... You guys can do better Blizz.
Edited by Genesis on 12/23/2012 6:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The OP must be reading different notes/info. I see a lot of nerfs tbh.

Chi Wave/Burst healing/damage/ap scaling doubled... Burst now has 15 second CD. I think I'd rather have a shorter CD and less healing TBH. Maybe a matter of preference?

Renewing Mist heals any friendly target now. Just what I always wanted, my RM to jump to people NOT in my group/raid. /sarcasm. Also mana cost increase.

Enveloping Mist healing and scaling reduced by 35%. The spell is already kinda meh. Come on Blizz!

Soothing Mist mana cost slightly increased and chance to grant chi reduced.

Jab mana cost increased to 3.9%, up from 3%

The unpublished datamined notes says Crane Kick (Brewmaster) now cost 7.15% base mana up from 5.5%... Except Brewmasters don't use mana. MW version of Crane Kick already cost too much mana IMO.

Our mastery is still lame.

About the only really good buff I see is Life Cocoon absorb being doubled.

How about making our Zen Med worth a damn. If you want to start screwing RM, how about giving back the 3rd jump. Give us a mastery that doesn't rely on people doing something to make it worthwhile... Learn from your mistakes, no one likes lightwell. Id really like to be able to place my healing spheres based on my target and not clicking on the ground too. I like to keep the tank supplied with them, but sometimes hard to see tank or pay attention when so much stuff going on in a raid, and they are moving. Maybe make the healing sphere ability more like an earth shield kinda mechanic. Let's you place 1 orb on 3 different people, or 3 orbs on 1 person, 2 on 1 and 1 on another, etc. They are absorbed when they lose health, or not at full health.

Anyhow... You guys can do better Blizz.

Actually everything you posted except for the lv 30 talent changes, have already been changed (5.1 / 5.1hotfix) and they are just tooltip updates. Not actual changes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]