20 24 Bracket: Current State of Affairs

21 Blood Elf Mage
I spend a lot of time playing in this bracket. I have six different 24 toons (Rogue, Mage, Warlock, Hunter, Pally and Priest. I play both Alliance and Horde in this bracket.

For those who are curious about this bracket, here are some current facts about the 20-24 xp-off bracket:

1) Perhaps the most active xp-off bracket in wow due to the high volume of F2P-trial players.

2) This bg has extremley fast queue times (instant to 8 minutes)

3) There has recently been a giant influx of horde players due to the horde having faster queue times than alliance, but because of this, the alliance is now enjoying quick queue times as well (1-8 minutes).

4) Unfortunately, Some classes benefit more from being alliance than horde due to having access to better gear (quest rewards) such as Rifle Commander's Eyepatch. This is why there are more Alliance players than horde players in this bracket. Alliance also has access to the best selection of xmog gear.

5) 80 percent of the players in the bracket are level 20. 24 twinks can be found playing on both sides, but there seem to be more 24 ally twinks than horde ones. It is possible to encounter level 24 premades (wth 4-7 level 24s on the team). The alliance seems to field more premade teams than the horde does.

6) BoA heirlooms are BiS for a lot of the gear slots.
Edited by Frosthoar on 12/23/2012 9:26 AM PST
You forgot to add in that the 20-24 bracket still contains the worst player base (skill wise, knowledge wise and general cognitive functions) of any low level pvp bracket.

Yes, worse then 19s, and that's pretty bad...
21 Blood Elf Mage
You forgot to add in that the 20-24 bracket still contains the worst player base (skill wise, knowledge wise and general cognitive functions) of any low level pvp bracket.

Having spent quite a bit of time in most brackets, I am going to concede that you are marginally correct ;)
70 Human Mage
20-24 is actually pretty fun but how are ques for horde compared to alliance?

Having spent quite a bit of time in most brackets, I am going to concede that you are marginally correct ;)

I would be more willing to accept if you said "by a landslide"

: )
24 Tauren Paladin
Been having a blast lately in this bracket. Typical /lols by premades and such, but I'm still enjoying it. Just wait till my friends get done with their healer twinks.

Watch out Alliance :).
43 Tauren Druid
im stoping at 24 add me for premade fun feral druid dps/flag runner msg me on here or in-game battletag #1209
90 Blood Elf Paladin
bump
21 Blood Elf Mage
12/25/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Skillesscum
as of MoP and healing classes being OP horde has ALL the BiS gear compared to alliance counterpart

Hmm, I must be new? I mentioned that I played 6 different classes in the 24 bracket and I sound new you?

Perhaps you were mislead, because I slanted my comments about gear from the perspective of a level 20 F2P player (which represents 80 percent or more of the players in this bracket) to explain why there are more alliance in this bracket than horde.

Certainly, Rifle Commander's Eyepatch, has greatly contributed to this situation, since the level 20 F2P horde lack any near equivalent. Non-F2P-players can just get BoA Heirloom head gear.

Yes, as you pointed out, level 24 horde has access to some good gear such as:
1) Gloves of the Hero
2) Shield of Uncurbed Appetite
3) Overlord's Favor

Of course, level 24 alliance has some great faction gear too such as:
1) Yorgen's Boon
2) Shield of the Stockades
3) G-Team Belt

But from your point of view, it would be safe to say, if you going to roll a 24, you should roll a horde cuz they have the best OP caster gear, and if you going to roll a F2P, then maybe you should stick with alliance for the same reasons most people rolled alliance?

12/25/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Skillesscum
do not BS me with ''alliance has more 24s'' because its the other way around

I disagree, because I play both sides of this bracket (and I only PuG), and I have noticed that I tend to have more level 24 teammates when I play alliance than horde. The enemy 24's tend to stand out more in the minds of most people, so your perspective is not surprising.

[quote="74141680284"]horde still holds the BiS rogue weapon as well Outlaw Sabre

I did read your comment about Outlaw Sabre with interest. This weapon is overlooked by most level 24 players. Personally, I have always preferred daggers as a rogue (double ambush with a dagger is amazing as rogue in the 24 bracket right now). I do like Outlaw Sabre on my prot pally over Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver right now, because the attack power increases my spell power, and I do most of my damage with Avenger's sheild and other spells instead of melee strikes.
Edited by Frosthoar on 12/28/2012 9:27 AM PST
49 Worgen Druid
Do you have a power ranking for Level 20 F2P classes? In other words, if you had a brand new Level 20 F2P account, what would be the best classes to play? This is assuming quest/dungeon gear to start.

I have a fairly decked out L20 f2p ret paladin, which I did pretty well with this past summer and even got some BoA's on, but ever since MoP it has been really miserable. Abilities don't hit hard at all anymore.

I was thinking frost mage, maybe a druid.
39 Gnome Priest
Resto druid and shadow priests seem to be good at lvl 20.
21 Blood Elf Mage
12/27/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Goldenclawqt
Do you have a power ranking for Level 20 F2P classes?

The only level 20 classes that I notice making a significant impact on matches are:

Holy Pally, Disc Priest, Resto Druid, and Prot Pally. As far as what's best, it depends much on the playstyle and skill of the player, but Holy Pally and Resto Druids are probably tops.

Røsewood

Resto druid and shadow priests seem to be good at lvl 20.

Shadow priests are not good till level 23 (when they get Mind Blast, Devastating Plague, and the ability to generate Shadow Orbs). Disc is a lot stronger spec at 20. Although well-geared (and played) Resto Druids can be extremely difficult to kill (even for level 24 twinks) and they can act as the FC or turn the tide via healing in group battles. The silly buggers can even get kbs in cat form.
Edited by Frosthoar on 12/27/2012 11:00 PM PST
21 Blood Elf Mage
I have a fairly decked out L20 f2p ret paladin, which I did pretty well with this past summer and even got some BoA's on, but ever since MoP it has been really miserable. Abilities don't hit hard at all anymore.

Prior to MoP, I went with an alternative build for prot pally by stacking intel (and stamina) over strength, this gave me great damage and a very large mana pool to work with.

Unfortunately, in Mop, for a Prot Pally to do decent damage, they have to stack a lot of strength, even at the expense of stamina. This is not a great trade off for level 20 because your going to have at least 20 percent less life than most level 24s before sacrificing stamina for more strength. A Level 20 Prot Pally is still not bad: they have several crucial spell interupts--their stun, avenger's shield, and perhaps a racial (such as the Belf aoe silence or tauren stomp or panda's touch). Your Prot Pally can cast a heal or two, lay hands, and bubble, which gives him more survivability than a lot of classes have.

was thinking frost mage, maybe a druid.

Mages are currently a joke in this bracket right now. Level 20 Mages are useless fodder. I can promise you that you will find a level 20 Mage far more frustrating to play than your Prot Pally. (I have a very well geared 24 Mage that was arcane spec, but is now fire spec).
Edited by Frosthoar on 12/27/2012 11:01 PM PST
87 Orc Death Knight
are warrior viable in this bracket? what dps classes are on the top?

also if the bracet is 20-24 why would u only want a lvl 20? and not 24 trying to get into twinking since end game pvp right now sucks
Edited by Slowbleed on 12/28/2012 1:44 PM PST
87 Orc Death Knight
Okay but I'm saying why only lvl them to 20 instead of gaining extra stats, abilities at lvl 24, are you saying only trial play(assuming that's what u mean by f2p) can only get to 20?

Also what dps classes do well in this bracket?
87 Orc Death Knight
What fe the aids like say I would roll a lvl 24 horde and lock exp what do I que for just random by it certain ones? Also how do f2p account stay active I thought u get a 2 week trail then you have to buy the game
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]