20 24 Bracket: Current State of Affairs

28 Blood Elf Paladin
03/07/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Abusivepope
The strategy of using shield...stun...grenade...Belf racial silence....sheild...dead Spriest (with other kinds of attacks occurring between the interrupts) was just to illustrate the full spectrum of options that a Belf prot pally has vs a spriest (provided that all the cooldowns are all up). It does not always take all the cooldowns to win, and I don't normally seek to engage spreists, if a lot of these cooldowns are down. Often it is the Belf racial that catches spriests off-guard with their timing. It seams that about the time that they start to panic and attempt trinket or use a racial to break a stun, they find they have been silenced and cannot get the fear off that they desperately need.

i have only gone up against ONE 24 pally that done all this and was good at LOSing to stop me from bursting him down now funny part is it was a pally it was a blood elf male and it was horde and did all the above like it was natual to his/her play style! and saying that im guessing this was your 24 Ppally that i vsed on that day in the alliance tunnle!!

I fought you a few times the last few days....I have 5 24's though so I don't remember if I was on me pally.

I did try and 2v1 a spriest and some random f2p in the horde tunnel. I died eventually but I LOS'd many mindblasts. Might have been a different spriest....I fight spriests every second game lol.
68 Undead Priest
loooool I just drank a greater healing pot (testing new macro), it crit and it gave me a 685 divine aegis absorb shield. That's so awesome :)

ps new pvp trink now puts me at 51.63 resil. Lost 7 int tho QQ
68 Undead Priest
so someone(s) finally killed me and I could test out this heirloom bug. Sure enough, after I ressed all my resil & secondary stats disappeared.

Basically I'm going to afk out after I die once. Playing with 40% resil and crappy stats is lame.

Hope they fix it soon
29 Human Rogue
Oh
24 Orc Shaman
I don't know if this is just me but does the horde have a lot and I mean a lot more healers then alliance like I was in a group and all most every que we atleast have 2-3 healers when alliance has maybe 1 and 2 at a rare time.
so someone(s) finally killed me and I could test out this heirloom bug. Sure enough, after I ressed all my resil & secondary stats disappeared.

Basically I'm going to afk out after I die once. Playing with 40% resil and crappy stats is lame.

Hope they fix it soon

Happened to me last night and after rez, I took off 1 piece and put it back on and my stats reset correctly.
21 Blood Elf Mage

Hope they fix it soon

Yes, after one death I cannot get Resilience to reset to the correct value no matter what I do.

Happened to me last night and after rez, I took off 1 piece and put it back on and my stats reset correctly.

Swapping some gear after a death will sometimes fix a secondary stat like crit for me (depending on the toon), but it will not fix resilience. This is total BS, and I cannot believe they have not fixed this yet. It looks like this "pile of patch" is more steamy than usual. These kind of problems really sour the WoW experience for me. It's too bad that I already renewed my subscription at the beginning of March, because I would like to unsubscribe till they fix this crap.

On my disc priest, If I die and rez, thenI no longer get benefits from BoA's to Resilience and Crit, etc.. un-equipping or reequipping BoA's fails to reset stats to the correct amount.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8177778060?page=1#0
Edited by Frosthoar on 3/9/2013 12:03 PM PST
39 Undead Mage
how much do yorgen bracers sell for, if anything
64 Human Warrior
I haven't done a bg since the new patch but I like the idea of blues replacing BOA's.
21 Blood Elf Mage
how much do yorgen bracers sell for, if anything

Typically between 150-500g

haven't done a bg since the new patch but I like the idea of blues replacing BOA's.

I would not mind seeing the existence of more of blues that equal or top BoA's for a particular bracket, so that more blues become what is BiS.

I have not been playing much WoW since all my secondary stats get bugged in the bgs, plus the 5.2 class changes favor even less class diversity than 5.1 did. I am seriously thinking about unsubscribing my accounts and exploring some other non-Blizzard games right now. The last time I felt similarly to this is when they applied the xp-off change and killed the brackets for twinks, and I left WoW for several years.
Edited by Frosthoar on 3/10/2013 2:37 PM PDT
21 Blood Elf Mage
I played a few brief boring matches on the spriest today because it's a lot less affected by secondary stats bug than some of my other toons.

On a positive note: I did win the STV fishing tournament again (for the fourth week in a row), and my new druid got its first Arena Grand Master today.

I hope they fix the battleground scaling issues this week.
Edited by Frosthoar on 3/11/2013 5:34 AM PDT
68 Undead Priest

Hope they fix it soon

I'm hearing this a lot from non-clothie classes. Priest & mages (warlocks too?) seem to be unable to fix the heirloom bug after the first death.

Maybe my imagination.
21 Blood Elf Mage
I'm hearing this a lot from non-clothie classes. Priest & mages (warlocks too?) seem to be unable to fix the heirloom bug after the first death.

My Hpally was having the secondary stat bug that occurs after a death/rez, but it was not so today. The stats were were consistently correct after a death, and there was no need to toggle any gear to achieve this. The same held true for my Disc Priest and Resto Druid.

Although I still need to go into the bg with BoA's unequipped and wait to equip them until after the match starts.
Edited by Frosthoar on 3/12/2013 6:37 AM PDT
19 Night Elf Druid
Hey, I'm leveling this char as a resto druid 24 twink. Mostly came to introduce myself, but also came to see if, when I save up enough to buy new BoAs, should I get the staff or the mace, and if I get the mace, should I get the OH? Thanks for any advice! :)
34 Worgen Druid
mace/oh combo gives more sp and crit. same stam
21 Blood Elf Mage
Hey, I'm leveling this char as a resto druid 24 twink. Mostly came to introduce myself, but also came to see if, when I save up enough to buy new BoAs, should I get the staff or the mace, and if I get the mace, should I get the OH? Thanks for any advice! :)

It depends on what you plan to focus on as a resto druid. If your going to run flags, then I suggest you stack resilience, which means you will want Grand Staff of Jordan. If you plan on being a healing/combat resto druid then you will want either:

Mace+ OH for more stamina and intel (spellpower) or Dignified Headmaster's Charge for more crit

Example of a Flag-Running-Resto-Druid-Gear:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/spirestone/G%C3%A5y/simple

Example of another Resto druid variation:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Honey%C3%9F%C3%A5dger/simple
Edited by Frosthoar on 3/11/2013 8:29 PM PDT
19 Night Elf Druid

It depends on what you plan to focus on as a resto druid. If your going to run flags, then I suggest you stack resilience, which means you will want Grand Staff of Jordan. If you plan on being a healing/combat resto druid then you will want either:

Mace+ OH for more stamina and intel (spellpower) or Dignified Headmaster's Charge for more crit

Example of a Flag-Running-Resto-Druid-Gear:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/spirestone/G%C3%A5y/simple

Example of another Resto druid variation:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Honey%C3%9F%C3%A5dger/simple

Definitely healing focus, so I'll work up a lot of honor for the mace/OH combo. I figure a different class would be going for flag, anyway, and as a druid I can use my stealth mechanics to stay hidden, and keep out of sight until I am needed, preventing me from standing in the GY for ~15 seconds.

So thank you, Albuterol and Frosthoar for the input!
21 Blood Elf Mage
My Hpally was having the secondary stat bug that occurs after a death/rez, but it was not so today. The stats were were consistently correct after a death, and there was no need to toggle any gear to achieve this. The same held true for my Disc Priest and Resto Druid.

Today, when I entered a BG with my BoA's equipped all my stats were correct, and they remained correct even after a death. I tested this on a HPally,a Prot Pallly, a Priest, and a Druid.
Edited by Frosthoar on 3/13/2013 9:31 AM PDT
29 Human Rogue
WTB more competent people to play with.
24 Human Rogue
WTB more competent people to play with.

goodluck, its been painful playing alliance the last week or two
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]