20 24 Bracket: Current State of Affairs

90 Human Paladin
I just did my first 24 xp off bg and it was hands down the most intense thing I've done in WoW. I'm staying here for a while.

What made it so intense?
24 Undead Mage
04/03/2013 05:57 PMPosted by Christophar
I just did my first 24 xp off bg and it was hands down the most intense thing I've done in WoW. I'm staying here for a while.

What made it so intense?

Finding out that 80 percent of the people you kill are Brazilians
21 Blood Elf Mage
Played a about 15 matches in the last two days on my ally disc priest, and I was surprised by the 30 second Q pops. I think we had 4 wins, 1 draw (neither side scored), and 10 losses.

The suckage that existed on the ally side was amazing. They had multiple players without mounts. Allies were not focusing healers at all. Often I was the only healer on their team, while horde often had 3-5 heal-spec players. My ally teammates never (not even once) came to my aid while I was healing them. The matches were all losses. Our dps was so horrible that I had the most kills and highest damage on our team, because I would take out some enemy healers.

I spent much of my time just laughing to myself about how bad my teammates were. It was not like they were even versing over-powered teams--the opposing teams were completely made up of level 20's. Our team had at least one 24 (me).

When I play horde, the matches are easy, boring, steamroll victories. The allies really need to get their act together. I played 20 matches on horde in the last two days, and we had 18 wins and two losses. A 90 percent win rate from just doing pugs is ridiculously good.
Edited by Frosthoar on 4/8/2013 7:06 PM PDT
21 Blood Elf Mage
WARRIOR:
* I don't play warriors and someone else needs to comment about how any changes to this class affects warriors in the 24 bracket.

So, having returned after not playing for most of the last month, I find that warriors are the new FotM class in the bracket. What patch benefits/love did low level warriors get in the last month that suddenly makes them so viable in the bracket? From what I seen so far, most warriors are either Prot or Arms spec. I have no experience with warriors, what's making them suddenly so good to play?

Also, I played against a few alliance teams today that had 5 warriors on there side. I am noticing there is a big power differential between the level 20 warriors and the 24 warriors. I could be due to the fact that the new f2p warriors have not had a chance to get their BoA's yet, but I suspect that the 24 warriors might have an ability or two that the 20's do not have access to--If so, what abilities do 24 warriors get that 20's do not?
Edited by Frosthoar on 4/6/2013 9:45 AM PDT
90 Human Hunter
I have two toons in the 24 bracket (Priest & Druid). I find it really fun, and I encourage more people to start! =)
90 Night Elf Warrior
Looks like I'm rolling a new toon.
24 Human Paladin
thedenstrom@gmail.com Both sides feel free to add me to real I.D. I have well geared twinks on both sides. I would love to do more premades.
21 Blood Elf Mage
I would still love for someone who understands warriors to discuss what changes have occurred to the warrior class that has helped to make them more viable in the 20-24 bracket. I have listed below some the changes to warrior class that I know have happened since 5.2, but since I don't know the warrior class or its abilities, I am not sure which changes affect warriors in the 20-24 bracket, and its possible that I have missed some changes.

Maybe someone can cut and paste the changes that apply to 20-24 warriors into a post here? Also, I would like to be illuminated about what the key or basic warrior abilities do? Like what interupts do they have, and what stuns do they have? For instance, does slam interrupt or stun? How much CC do warriors have?

Since warriors are becoming so popular in the bracket, I would like some insight into a class that I have never played. Thanks.

Warrior: (most recent changes)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8953693/

Deep Wounds now deals 50% more damage for Protection
Shield Slam now deals 25% more damage.

Warrior: (5.2 Changes)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8896363/

The benefit of Haste from items and consumables has been increased by 50% for all Warriors.

Bladestorm now provides immunity to disarm while active.

Defensive Stance now reduces damage by 15% (was 25%).

Execute now deals 15% less damage.

Shockwave now has a 40-second cooldown (was 20 seconds), and striking 3 or more targets will reduce its cooldown by 20 seconds.

Second Wind now generates 15 rage (was 20 rage) over 10 seconds.

Warbringer now reduces the target's movement by 50% for 15 seconds (8 seconds in PvP), in addition to its other effects. The 3-second stun/knockdown is now in the diminishing returns category for stuns (same as Shockwave and Storm Bolt), and not the proc stun diminishing returns category.

Shield Barrier now scales approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.

Storm Bolt now deals 125% weapon damage (was 100%).

Enraged Regeneration now costs 30 Rage (was 60 Rage).

Deadly Calm has been removed from the game.

Impending Victory will now heal the Warrior for 15% of maximum health when they have not slain an enemy (was 10%).

Arms:

Taste for Blood has been redesigned. It now causes the Warrior to gain 2 stacks of Overpower (maximum of 5 stacks) when Mortal Strike deals damage, 1 stack when the target dodges, and no longer interacts with Heroic Strike. It now requires level 20 (used to require level 50).

Slam now deals 220% weapon damage (was 190%) and now costs 20 rage (was 30 rage).

Deep Wounds damage has been increased by 100% for Arms Warriors.

Whirlwind now costs 20 rage (was 30) for Arms Warriors. The cost is unchanged for

Fury Warriors:

Overpower now costs 10 rage and reduces Mortal Strike's remaining cooldown by 0.5 seconds.

Sudden Death now has a 10% (was 20%) chance to activate from auto attacks or Opportunity Strike. In addition, using Execute makes Overpower free for 10 seconds.

Bloodsurge now reduces the Rage cost of Wild Strike by 30 (was 20), and its duration has been increased to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).

Protection:

The base damage of Shield Slam and Revenge has been increased by 150%, but these abilities now scale approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.
Unwavering Sentinel now improves the damage reduction of Defensive Stance by 10% for Protection Warriors.
Edited by Frosthoar on 4/6/2013 6:43 PM PDT
24 Troll Druid
I would still love for someone who understands warriors to discuss what changes have occurred to the warrior class that has helped to make them more viable in the 20-24 bracket. I have listed below some the changes to warrior class that I know have happened since 5.2, but since I don't know the warrior class or its abilities, I am not sure which changes affect warriors in the 20-24 bracket, and its possible that I have missed some changes.

Maybe someone can cut and paste the changes that apply to 20-24 warriors into a post here? Also, I would like to be illuminated about what the key or basic warrior abilities do? Like what interupts do they have, and what stuns do they have? For instance, does slam interrupt or stun? How much CC do warriors have?

Since warriors are becoming so popular in the bracket, I would like some insight into a class that I have never played. Thanks.

Deep Wounds now deals 50% more damage for Protection
Shield Slam now deals 25% more damage.

The benefit of Haste from items and consumables has been increased by 50% for all Warriors.

Bladestorm now provides immunity to disarm while active.

Shockwave now has a 40-second cooldown (was 20 seconds), and striking 3 or more targets will reduce its cooldown by 20 seconds.

Second Wind now generates 15 rage (was 20 rage) over 10 seconds.

Warbringer now reduces the target's movement by 50% for 15 seconds (8 seconds in PvP), in addition to its other effects. The 3-second stun/knockdown is now in the diminishing returns category for stuns (same as Shockwave and Storm Bolt), and not the proc stun diminishing returns category.

Shield Barrier now scales approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.

Storm Bolt now deals 125% weapon damage (was 100%).

Enraged Regeneration now costs 30 Rage (was 60 Rage).

Deadly Calm has been removed from the game.

Impending Victory will now heal the Warrior for 15% of maximum health when they have not slain an enemy (was 10%).

Arms:

Taste for Blood has been redesigned. It now causes the Warrior to gain 2 stacks of Overpower (maximum of 5 stacks) when Mortal Strike deals damage, 1 stack when the target dodges, and no longer interacts with Heroic Strike. It now requires level 20 (used to require level 50).

Slam now deals 220% weapon damage (was 190%) and now costs 20 rage (was 30 rage).

Deep Wounds damage has been increased by 100% for Arms Warriors.

Whirlwind now costs 20 rage (was 30) for Arms Warriors. The cost is unchanged for

Fury Warriors:

Overpower now costs 10 rage and reduces Mortal Strike's remaining cooldown by 0.5 seconds.

Sudden Death now has a 10% (was 20%) chance to activate from auto attacks or Opportunity Strike. In addition, using Execute makes Overpower free for 10 seconds.

Bloodsurge now reduces the Rage cost of Wild Strike by 30 (was 20), and its duration has been increased to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).

Protection:

The base damage of Shield Slam and Revenge has been increased by 150%, but these abilities now scale approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.
Unwavering Sentinel now improves the damage reduction of Defensive Stance by 10% for Protection Warriors.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=100
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=23922
You're welcome.
24 Goblin Priest

I have been 1 shot on my level 24 druid by a level 20 warrior. 2.2k damage.
21 Blood Elf Mage
I have been 1 shot on my level 24 druid by a level 20 warrior. 2.2k damage.

Ya, three times I have been dropped by a level 24 warrior that 1-shotted me for about 2k damage. This rarely happens, but sometimes it can. The classes that I play generally beat warriors easily enough 1v1.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=100
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=23922
You're welcome.

Thanks, I used your link to wowhead and I reviewed the warrior abilities.

http://www.wowhead.com/spells=7.1

The Warrior abilities that I found to be of interest were:

Charge: Charge an enemy stunning it for 1 second.

Execute: Attempt to finish off a wounded foe, causing xxxx physical damage. Only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health.

Enrage: Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst and Colossus Smash critical strikes and critical blocks Enrage you, generating 10 Rage and increasing physical damage done by 10% for 6 sec.

Pummel (level 24): Pummel the target, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 4 sec.

TALENTS (Level 15):

Warbringer (Talent): Your Charge also knocks a target to the ground, stunning it for 3 sec and reducing movement speed by 50% for 15 sec.

Juggernaut (Talent): You can Charge every 12 sec instead of every 20 sec.

Double Time (Talent): You can use Charge twice in a row. Each use has a 20 sec recharge time. Charge can only grant Rage once every 12 sec.

ARMS SPEC:

Seasoned Solder (Arms): While wielding a two-handed melee weapon, your Physical damage dealt is increased by 25%.

Victory Rush (Arms): Instantly attack the target, causing 25 damage and healing you for 20% of your maximum health. Can only be used within 20 sec after you kill an enemy that yields experience or honor.

Mortal Strike (Arms): A vicious strike that deals 175% weapon damage plus 1248 (at 90?) and causes Mortal Wounds on the target.

Slam (Arms): Slams the opponent, causing 220% weapon damage plus 38.

PROT SPEC:

Unwavering Sentinel (Prot): Increases your total Stamina by 15%.
Reduces the chance you will be critically hit by melee attacks by 6%.
Increases your armor value from items by 25%.
Increases the damage reduction of Defensive Stance by 10%.
Reduces the Rage cost of Thunder Clap by 100%.

Shield Slam (Prot): Slam the target with your shield, causing 273 to 285 damage.

Shield Block (Prot): Raise your shield, blocking every melee attack against you for 6 sec. These blocks can be critical blocks.

For comparisons between all three warrior specs visit the following page:

http://www.wowhead.com/class=1

Alright, I feel a little less ignorant about warriors now :)
Edited by Frosthoar on 4/7/2013 9:29 AM PDT
21 Blood Elf Mage
So based on my above review of 20-24 Warriors, I can now list the changes that have occurred since 5.2 that have impacted the Arms and Prot spec warriors for this bracket.

Protections: Shield Slam now deals 25% more damage.

Arms: Slam now deals 220% weapon damage (was 190%) and now costs 20 rage (was 30 rage).

Protection: The base damage of Shield Slam has been increased by 150%, but this ability now scales approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.

Edited by Frosthoar on 4/7/2013 9:33 AM PDT
24 Orc Warrior
People are over-reacting about this warrior thing. They are viable now and works great if they have a healbot but I still consider spriests, paladins, druids, hunters, and even resto shamans stronger. That hardly qualifies warriors as OP and yes I play all those classes in this bracket so I ain't just making stuff up.

24 Warrior-Brood
24 Paladin-Dalnir
24 Monk-Mahnmut
24 Priest-Kaesora
20 Hunter-Zomax
20 Shamans-Thurgadin & Perplex
20 Warlock-Mataeko
20 Mage-Glissade
Shield slam got buffed to all hell. Thats the long and short of it.

It's probably not bad in the 20-24 bracket because casters have such ridiculous gear available to them that it kinda nullifies the shield slam advantage but it makes warriors a super easy "BOOMHEADSHOT" class.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut anyway, I've got a priest at lvl 21 that I havent touched in months. If I go to 24, does anyone have a series of caster armories I could take a peak at for ideas?

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut anyway, I've got a priest at lvl 21 that I havent touched in months. If I go to 24, does anyone have a series of caster armories I could take a peak at for ideas?

This is my budget twink. I had all the BOA's just sitting around. I need to enchant my gloves and bracers, and I'll be joining the bracket for the first time, Chøps.

Total investment: 8 hours playtime. 300g for enchants. Best geared twink? Of course not, by far. But for the investment so far, it could be worse. :D
24 Night Elf Priest
Finding the chest i use prolly be a bit difficult so id replace it with a boa.
21 Blood Elf Mage
04/08/2013 12:52 AMPosted by Chøps
Shield slam got buffed to all hell. Thats the long and short of it.

When a level 20 warrior can Shield Slam for 1.4k+ damage, I can see why this appeals to many players, and the warrior class was so underplayed in this bracket that now it is able to provide a completely new and different kind of play experience for many players.

The suckage that existed on the ally side was amazing

I spent some time over the weekend playing my ally disc priest while trying to help the allies get some wins in WSG-- it was a real challenge.

The new crop of level 20 allies are terrible at focusing enemy healers. They have way too many new players that show up with under 1k health (and they sometimes do not have mounts).

These new allies are terrible about staying grouped, and they often scatter all over the midfield, which makes them easy targets to the enemy. They are also more interested in trying to farm the horde than capturing flags.

I did help the allies win about 10 games over the weekend (about a 55 percent win rate). And then I encountered a group (a partial premade) that was so disrespectful to me that it made me question why I was putting so much effort into helping such a large group of bad players.

Anyways, the experience made me just want to switch to playing horde for awhile, and during my first match as horde, I had 37 kills and zero deaths. During most of my matches last night I had 20-30 killls and 0 to 2 deaths per match. This afternoon, I played four quick games and my scores were 37-0, 5-3 (a rough match for me but we won 3-0), 40-0, and 27-0. This represents how lopsided the battles are right now between factions. As horde, I can pug a block of matches and have a 90 to 100 percent win rate.

Anyways, the allies really need to step up their game. Gear needs to be improved (it's really not that hard to use dungeon finder and to do quests to get gear that will take you to 1.4k+ health). Working as a group and focusing healers needs to be learned. The allies could use la few less idiot fc's too. If your a rogue with 1k health trying to run the flag while ignoring teammates who are telling you to pass the flag, you may as well be playing for he other team.

And the allies have one other issue, there are so many level 20 allies playing right now that they are diluting the impact of their level 24 population (or maybe a lot of 24 allies have taken a hiatus). As horde, I am twice as likely to have another level 24 with me in a match than if I am playing alliance.

On a positive note, I experienced very quick queue times as alliance over the last five days. The Q times ranged from instant to 5 minutes with and average Q-time of about 3-4 minutes.

EDIT: I pugged around thirty or so matches today as horde, and horde never lost a match.
Edited by Frosthoar on 4/8/2013 7:12 PM PDT
24 Orc Warrior
Finding the chest i use prolly be a bit difficult so id replace it with a boa.

You have a great chest!

Are there any 24 guilds on Frostmane [H]?
Edited by Rahs on 4/8/2013 2:14 PM PDT
73 Human Monk
I have a pair of Mechbuilder's Overalls in my bank. Come over to my realm and buy them.
92 Orc Shaman
I have repeatedly tried to go alliance, but the derp is strong with them lately. I go in on my tank and get 0 heals and 0 help getting chasers off me. I go in on my healer and get 0 coverage from half the damn other side melting me down. So I end up most of the time going in on my hunter and just picking off the few derps that occasionally show up on the horde side.

Or when im not feeling so masochistic I just go in on my horde toons and satisfy my need to win a few games.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]