20 24 Bracket: Current State of Affairs

87 Orc Death Knight
One more thing i don't have to be on a certain server or anything do I?
21 Blood Elf Mage
12/28/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Slowbleed
are warrior viable in this bracket? what dps classes are on the top?

This is a good question, because warriors are doing well at 90 other brackets, more and more of them are appearing in the 20-24 bracket. They can be really obnoxious with a pocket healer. Many of these new warriors may be still working on getting BiS gear, so the verdict as to how good they are may not be quite in yet. But my instinct is that they fall into the middle of the pack of classes.

Frankly, with the current MoP pvp system, in the lower brackets, if you cannot heal yourself, then you severely lack survivability. Also, healers and hybrids seem to be able to pump out as much damage as warriors, hunters, rogues, and mages right now.

As for what level 24 classes do the top dps: Spriest, prot Pally, Boomkin, holy pally, and Hunter (if he has pocket heals). My Prot pally does an insane amount of aoe damage and usually tops the damage charts. My spriests (yes, I have two of them in this bracket) usually have top kbs and damage.
Edited by Frosthoar on 12/28/2012 5:10 PM PST
87 Orc Death Knight
I'm gonna go with a wind weaver monk ne'er played monk an started him today and sodas he's a lot of fun
21 Blood Elf Mage
12/28/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Slowbleed
I'm gonna go with a wind weaver monk ne'er played monk an started him today and sodas he's a lot of fun

I hear WW monks are decent to pvp with, and I am not sure what their status in the 20-24 bracket is. So far, enemy monks give me little concern in this bracket, and for the most part seem like easy kills.
87 Orc Death Knight
Sorry for all the questions but just want to know how the twinks will do I plan to make, also to gear up all I'd do is raid to 24, exp off, the. Specific que for dungeons I want to get gear from correct? I'll be put in with exp on levelers though right?

Also is it a big disadvantage to not have boas and use dungeons dropped blues?

Last thing how do these classes fair in this bracket
-enhancement shammy(assuming not to good for lack of wondfury wep)
-assassination rogue/combat rogue
-ret pally
-resto shammy

Have a full set of bias for rogue/monk agil/Stam gear so that why I'd like them to work out
Have a lot of boas plate gear for a ret pally or arms warrior also.
49 Pandaren Priest
The amount of stupid in this thread is overwhelming!
87 Orc Death Knight
12/29/2012 06:06 AMPosted by Chojinki

How so?
24 Orc Hunter
Hello, anyone got a bis list for a hunter or who can i look up for bis gear ... let me know what i'm missing...
49 Worgen Druid
12/29/2012 06:06 AMPosted by Chojinki

U r stupid!
21 Blood Elf Mage
12/29/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Trzrz
Hello, anyone got a bis list for a hunter or who can i look up for bis gear ... let me know what i'm missing...

Your gear looks extremely good. I see just a few upgrades that you might consider:

1) Heavy Silver Ring needs to be replaced with another Charged Gear or D-1000 Ring
2) Bands of Serra'kis is near BiS, but Emissary Cuffs of the monkey or of Agility (+9 agi) would be BiS. The arcane resist is useful against druids (I dont see many arcane mages in this bracket anymore).
3) I would get a BoA shoulder, the gain of 3 or 4 agi does not offset the loss of 7 or 9 stamina and 6 crit or 5 pvp res.
4) Tarnished Leggings of Destruction with 8 agi, 12 sta, 5 crit, and 5 haste, are probably BiS now over Petrolspill Leggings

EDIT: I dusted off my 24 Hunter which I had not played much since MoP came out, but I respec'd him from survival to beastmaster, and I managed to get top kbs and damage in a few matches this morning. I suppose hunters don't completely suck right now :).
Edited by Frosthoar on 1/9/2013 6:41 AM PST
21 Blood Elf Mage
all I'd do is raid to 24, exp off, the. Specific que for dungeons I want to get gear from correct? I'll be put in with exp on levelers though right?

Also is it a big disadvantage to not have boas and use dungeons dropped blues?

ya, start your gearing-up process by using dungeon finder to do random dg's to get the blue boss drops, dungeon related quest rewards, and random dg rewards. Then turn off xp-gain at 24.

BoA heirlooms are normally BiS for for head, shoulder, chest, legs, and weapon(s) slots for most classes. And of course, you will be outperformed by players that have their boa gear while you do not have yours.

The level 20 f2p are thrust into the 20-24 xp-off bracket, since the trail accounts cannot progress any further than 20.

how do -assassination rogue/combat rogue fair in this bracket

All three rogue specs are probably viable in this bracket, but I only have experience with playing the Subtlety spec.. I like having Hemorrhage as a low energy spam-able attack, which puts a bleed on targets, so they cannot stealth or bandage effectively. Eviscerate is a decent finisher. It would be great to see another player with experience with either of the other specs make some comments.

Also, the talent Subterfuge, which allows you to remain stealthed for 3 seconds after you enter combat, lets you (combined with thistle tea) get off two rapid ambush attacks--devastating to efc's with debuff stacks.

Last thing how do these classes fair in this bracket
-enhancement shammy(assuming not to good for lack of wondfury wep)
-ret pally
-resto shammy

Ret pallies are trash right now, its extremely rare to even encounter one in this bracket. I don't have any experience with enhancement shammies,but I don't see any reason why they would not perform well, but I rarely encounter this spec in the bracket. Resto shammies do fine, not as well as druids, but they do fine. I don't happen to like them myself, so I deleted my 24 shammy. I hate managing totems.
Edited by Frosthoar on 12/29/2012 6:06 PM PST
21 Blood Elf Mage
Deleted duplicate post
Edited by Frosthoar on 12/30/2012 2:25 AM PST
24 Orc Hunter
add me... knyt#1428
24 Human Hunter
Edited by Zalendre on 2/11/2013 11:02 PM PST
26 Undead Monk
In regards to monks, playing as a brewmaster or windwalker will get you a one way ticket to afk ville. Mistweaver has the highest dps of all three specs in this bracket, passive and active healing (including a hot) and you can queue dungeons as a Mistweaver and tank easily.

The other two specs are cannon fodder with no self heals, pathetic defensive cd's, and horrible dps.
Edited by Sacagawea on 12/31/2012 5:24 PM PST
90 Troll Rogue
pff, not hardcore enough.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Pseudosoup/advanced

I scoff at you 24s. *scoffscoff*

although, a good 24 is unbeatable by any means. Luckily for me, there are a large amount of players who have close to no idea what they're doing with their 24, so, challenge accepted?
49 Worgen Druid
12/29/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Frosthoar
Ret pallies are trash right now

I played ret exclusively at 19 and 20 and before MoP, and Templar Verdict would crit for 700+

Now however it crits for something like 250.

Conversely, a prot pally's ability Avenger's Shield crits for 700-1100 plus it hits multiple targets and silences them.

So, having done this, it's not too difficult to retool from ret to prot. Just get a sword and board and swap out TV on your action bar for AS.
21 Blood Elf Mage
Conversely, a prot pally's ability Avenger's Shield crits for 700-1100 plus it hits multiple targets and silences them. So, having done this, it's not too difficult to retool from ret to prot. Just get a sword and board and swap out TV on your action bar for AS.

Exactly. I have a really good Prot pally right now. I luv killing FoTM spriests with it.

12/31/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Yalu
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Pseudosoup/advanced

Nice looking F2P rogue! I don't recognize your rogue, and I am surprised that we have not crossed paths, since I play a lot in this bracket.

12/31/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Zalendre
BM is garbage if you solo queue a lot just thought I would say that >_>

Zalendre, your hunter amd my hunter are nearly geared the same. We differ by three pieces-- of the monky (wrist), Brawler's Gloves (I am Horde), and I use the BoA legs.

I would say any hunter without pocket heals has major obstacles to overcome in this bracket right now, regardless of their spec. I see you often enough in the bgs, and you play your hunter very well.

I have noticed that you usually hang with the herd (near heals) or you have your own pocket heals most of the time. For me, you are a high priority target (or should I say your healer is a high priority target) whenever you come in near proximity to me.

As far as specs go, Survival is fine, Explosive Shot is still nice due its range and cheap casting cost, but Beast Mastery has some nice options (like killing while out of the line of sight and having your pet kill an enemy in your base while you remain on the roof) and Intimidation provides some nice additional CC. I miss the added health that survival once offered.

Survival = Explosive Shot
Beast Master= Kill Command+Intimidation+ Go for the Throat (your pet generates 15 focus from your auto-shot crits)+ Beast Cleave (but who multishots?)

Overall, I think Beast Mastery is better in this bracket right now, but each person should select the spec that best suits their own play-style, and you do well as survival.
Edited by Frosthoar on 1/1/2013 4:32 PM PST
24 Human Rogue
/spit
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]