20 24 Bracket: Current State of Affairs

24 Night Elf Druid
01/01/2013 05:55 PMPosted by Fightstar
/spit
85 Night Elf Druid
No, warriors are not viable in this bracket. I tried as arms.
85 Night Elf Druid
If you want to be successful in this bracket roll druid - boomkin/resto, priest - shadow/disc, rogue - mut/sub/combat, paladin - hpal/prot, hunter - BM warlock - afflic/demo
24 Orc Hunter
12/31/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Zalendre
BM is garbage if you solo queue a lot just thought I would say that >_>

I've been doing well without pocket heals as BM.... the only class I'm having trouble with is a well played resto druid... I tried the other 2 specs and I like BM the most... Intimidation helps a lot against casters
31 Human Rogue
I used to play in this bracket. my hunter was named meterosexual he was a blood elf so had to be. I miss this bracket and hope to get back in it soon.
31 Human Rogue
then again gnomer and agm grind shiver.
21 Blood Elf Mage
01/02/2013 08:00 AMPosted by Breakingbad
then again gnomer and agm grind shiver.

Metro, this should be no problem for a veteran like you. If I recall correctly, your hunter had a pair of AGM's equipped.
Edited by Frosthoar on 1/2/2013 3:10 PM PST
29 Human Rogue
Any ranged should easily be able to kill a rogue. Without shadowstep, vanish, or sprint, rogues have zero gap closers.
29 Worgen Rogue
/Tickle
49 Worgen Druid
20 F2P question:

How much hit do I need as a 20 against a L24?

I've got 24 hit right now for 13% and am still missing in some fights. It is driving me nuts. For example, I'll miss 2 avenger shields in a row against a 24 dwarf rogue and that will equate to a loss of the fight.

Combat log isn't really telling me that I'm missing though...I suppose it could be a dodge but I really don't have access to anything with expertise on it.
48 Troll Druid
As previously stated in this thread, Resto druids are very powerful healers at both level 20 and level 24, due to their survivability ( Instant-heal spells,travel form 60% when combined with Feline Swiftness). However, if a Holy paladin is well geared they can be potentially better.
24 Undead Priest
What is level 24 BIS gear for a Shadow Priest?
24 Human Priest
Seem's prot pallies are everyones fav atm if my last few bgs are anything to go by. Stun city.

Also, despite spriest haveing a decent advantage I dont actually see to many of them.
Usually lucky to have 1 or 2 at a time.

01/01/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Frosthoar
Exactly. I have a really good Prot pally right now. I luv killing FoTM spriests with it.

Decent teamwork is my biggest counter. Doesnt take long to run into probelms when you have 2 or more pallies who know how to use thier stuns/silences
49 Worgen Druid
01/04/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Splay
Also, despite spriest haveing a decent advantage I dont actually see to many of them.

I saw two L24 Ally shadow priests, one of them with flag and stacks, essentially hold off 8 L20 Horde toons.

Normally I'd be there on my prot working on them but I was holding flag at the time. >.>
24 Human Priest
I saw two L24 Ally shadow priests, one of them with flag and stacks, essentially hold off 8 L20 Horde toons.Normally I'd be there on my prot working on them but I was holding flag at the time. >.>

I'm not much good at being fc and avoid it whenever posible so it probably wasnt me :)

01/04/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Iacchus
What is level 24 BIS gear for a Shadow Priest?

I tried to find something on this as well but ended up just using wowhead and checking out what other players were going with.

...agm grind shiver

Someone will probably tell me otherwise but I'm not sure this is worth it on the priest.
Thinking of making a resto druid or a rogue next and might work on it for them.
21 Blood Elf Mage
I saw two L24 Ally shadow priests, one of them with flag and stacks, essentially hold off 8 L20 Horde toons.

Normally I'd be there on my prot working on them but I was holding flag at the time.

My ally shadow priest did exactly this almost two months ago. I was on the cap when someone said "8 incoming." I noticed a gnome 20 disc priest was positioning himself on our roof to heal me, and I had three orbs and all my cd's were up, so rather than run to GY, I decided to stay and fight on the cap, and the two of us wiped out all 8 enemy in very short time.

That level 20 gnome healer thought that was so awesome, that he made a level 20 horde healer on my main server. I have helped to gear him, and in about a month and half, he has obtained every slot of level 20 BiS gear except the Lucky Fishing Hat. He maxed out his fishing skill last week, and so he should get the Lucky Fishing Hat sometime over the next three weeks.
Edited by Frosthoar on 1/5/2013 1:25 PM PST
21 Blood Elf Mage
In regards to monks, playing as a brewmaster or windwalker will get you a one way ticket to afk ville. Mistweaver has the highest dps of all three specs in this bracket, passive and active healing (including a hot) and you can queue dungeons as a Mistweaver and tank easily.

The other two specs are cannon fodder with no self heals, pathetic defensive cd's, and horrible dps.

Btw, thanks for the info on monks. I had been considering making a Mistweaver, but I am not sure monks are my style--but this could be my next project for the 24 bracket.

I just spent the last two days making a new new Holy Pally. Several of the horde quests make you choose between either a prot pally reward or a holy pally reward, and so my solution to this dilemma was to roll two pallies--one prot and one holy.

My new holy pally just turned level 24 yesterday, and he also got his first AGM yesterday, which makes his gear nearly completely BIS. I will be testing him out in the xp-off bracket today. My point is, if you have extra heirloom gear sitting in the bank, and you know what your doing, then it really does not take that long to make a decent twink for this bracket.
24 Blood Elf Rogue
/emotes are for kids... we all play to have fun.

Rogue needs better regen
21 Blood Elf Mage
Rogues in this bracket just need to get back one of the THREE abilities that they lost with MoP: Shadowstep, Vanish, or Sprint. The lost of all three of these abilities is perhaps the most dramatic change that I have witnessed to a class in the lower brackets. These changes felt like three kicks to the groin.

Not having any gap closers or escape abilities seems to go against what most players would want or expect from the rogue class. Rogues have been reduced to being very slow, stealthy, ambushers, and I now find rogues rather tedious and dull to play. Apparently, not everyone feels this way, because rogues remain hugely popular in this bracket.
Edited by Frosthoar on 1/11/2013 1:29 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]