20 24 Bracket: Current State of Affairs

24 Goblin Hunter
http://www.twinkinfo.com/

GREAT site!
21 Blood Elf Mage
I took a look at pvp in this bracket on my mage and warlock to re-access how these classes are performing in low level pvp.

My mage is 100 percent BiS. Fire spec is currently the best pvp spec in the 24 bracket. Presently, fire mages are completely squishy vs. spriests, pallies, and druids (the three OP classes in the bracket). Overall, I am not satisfied with how mages are performing in low level pvp, and I will continue to keep my mage benched until low level mages get some love.

My warlock is almost as well geared as my mage, and I find warlocks do not perform nearly as well as fire mages do (regardless of spec). Low level warlocks need even more love than mages do. The warlock will also remain benched.
24 Blood Elf Rogue
Rogues in this bracket just need to get back one of the THREE abilities that they lost with MoP: Shadowstep, Vanish, or Sprint. The lost of all three of these abilities is perhaps the most dramatic change that I have witnessed to a class in the lower brackets. These changes felt like three kicks to the groin.

Not having any gap closers or escape abilities seems to go against what most players would want or expect from the rogue class. Rogues have been reduced to being very slow, stealthy, ambushers, and I now find rogues rather tedious and dull to play. Apparently, not everyone feels this way, because rogues remain hugely popular in this bracket.

Good rogues lost 4 abilities, you forgot backstab. With all of the escapes other low level classes now have, added with the buffed healing and pvp resil, they really did'nt need to take away everything that they did. Clearly whoever was making the decisions wanted to bury low level rogues. Thankfully skill still means something, even when you trade in the Ferrari for a VW bug.
01/16/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Zwingley
Thankfully skill still means something

looooooooool. Four digit ambush/eviscerate crits...pure skill.

The two hardest parts of playing a p2p rogue at this level now are stocking up on swiftness pots and making the trip out to Ravenholdt to learn the Thistle Tea recipe. Other than that, all it requires is zooming out of first person view, navigating your way to the red/blue flag on your map and clicking ambush. Odds are you wont be playing against one of the four people in the bracket who know how to fake cast, so kicking heals shouldn't be too hard :P.
20 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't been on this toon in a few weeks, mainly because I'm getting a little sick of being holy, and I've been thinking about changing back to ret.
Does anyone play ret these days?
24 Blood Elf Rogue
01/16/2013 05:00 PMPosted by Lirre
Thankfully skill still means something

looooooooool. Four digit ambush/eviscerate crits...pure skill.

The two hardest parts of playing a p2p rogue at this level now are stocking up on swiftness pots and making the trip out to Ravenholdt to learn the Thistle Tea recipe. Other than that, all it requires is zooming out of first person view, navigating your way to the red/blue flag on your map and clicking ambush. Odds are you wont be playing against one of the four people in the bracket who know how to fake cast, so kicking heals shouldn't be too hard :P.

Guess you haven't played a 24 rogue vs other very skilled 24's 1v1 (not that there are many)... Because if they have a blue bar they should win everytime. As should a hunter. The only class that rogue should beat everytime 1v1 is warrior. Yes, you are on a 20 and SHOULD get blown up everytime by the class with the most burst. But, good lvl 20 druids can get away from a 24 rogue often, and make him look silly. I guess you are not one of those druids...
21 Blood Elf Mage
01/16/2013 06:07 PMPosted by Ipallydafool

No, ret sucks in low level pvp. It's holy or Prot in this bracket.
49 Worgen Druid
I haven't been on this toon in a few weeks, mainly because I'm getting a little sick of being holy, and I've been thinking about changing back to ret.

Play Prot. You will do more damage with your "Shield Slam"/Silence ability than you do with Templar Verdict. In fact, you'll hit people really hard.

You only need to swap sword/board, you can keep all the rest of your gear as is.
01/16/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Zwingley
Guess you haven't played a 24 rogue vs other very skilled 24's 1v1 (not that there are many)... Because if they have a blue bar they should win everytime. As should a hunter. The only class that rogue should beat everytime 1v1 is warrior. Yes, you are on a 20 and SHOULD get blown up everytime by the class with the most burst. But, good lvl 20 druids can get away from a 24 rogue often, and make him look silly. I guess you are not one of those druids...

Rogues depend on faceroll damage, timely crits and poor play from your opponents.

Ambush > Spam SS while praying they don't know how to kite > Evisc.

The only thing that really separates good/bad rogues now is the ability to focus on objectives.
24 Blood Elf Rogue
[/quote]

Rogues depend on faceroll damage, timely crits and poor play from your opponents.

Ambush > Spam SS while praying they don't know how to kite > Evisc.

The only thing that really separates good/bad rogues now is the ability to focus on objectives.[/quote]

Still not making much of a point. Thats like saying, druids depend on faceroll healing and movement, and poor play from opponents...

You have clearly not played a rogue vs. good players. Try landing an ambush opener in the middle of a 10v10 fight on your target that knows you are looking get him and he is jumping around, mouse 360 spinning everywhere. And do it now without shadowstep or sprint. The 5 yard ambush glyph would be nice... Anyhow, skill means as much now as it did before on rogue, just in a different way. All classes scale with skill...
20 Blood Elf Paladin
Play Prot. You will do more damage with your "Shield Slam"/Silence ability than you do with Templar Verdict. In fact, you'll hit people really hard.

You only need to swap sword/board, you can keep all the rest of your gear as is.

I've got the gear, and I used to actually play ret till just before MoP when I finally got my caster shield, and that's when I switched over thinking horde need more healers than zero ;)
01/16/2013 03:23 PMPosted by FrosthoarMy warlock is almost as well geared as my mage, and I find warlocks do not perform nearly as well as fire mages do (regardless of spec). Low level warlocks need even more love than mages do. The warlock will also remain benched.

I have actually been thinking about a warlock as my next project. Ive seen some with really good burst lately and if timed right with fear spam, can really ruin your day. This is at 24 though. I dont know about 20.

In other news, how hard is it to get agms now!?

I got several agms before they merged servers for my 19's simply becasue no one was interesed at the time on my server.

With CRZ or whatever its called it doesnt matter what time of day you try theres always heaps of ppl there now.
I have been looking at engineering lately and interested in feedback from anyone currently using the following.

Specifically wondering if they are worth it and on which classes?

Parachute Cloak with 16 pvp power or 12 agil enchant?

Also Goblin Rocket Boots with Boars Speed (8% movement and 9 stam) or even surefooted (10 crit, 10 hit)

And Spellpower Goggles Xtreme
21 Blood Elf Mage
01/17/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Splay
how hard is it to get agms now!?

It really depends on your server/CRZ group. Some servers/CRZ groups have low twink populations and there is not a lot of competition at certain times. This is true for my main server.

My expectation was that CRZs would make it a lot harder to get AGMs, but the opposite has been true. My theory for this is that while MoP brought us CRZs, it also brought us account shared achievements, so a lot of level 90 players have less reason to farm multiple AGMs on all their alts to get the achievement. Another possibility as to why it has been easier to farm AGM lately, may have to do with people focusing on the new content and leveling new toons (like monks).

My friend and I have farmed nearly 4x Arena Grand Masters between us this week without the aid of 90's. By the end of this weekend, this total should should be pushed to 5x Arena Grand Masters. My friend needs 2x more Arena Masters and I need 6x more Arena Masters.

Since I play on multiple servers, I have almost 25 toons with one or more Arena Grand Master.
Edited by Frosthoar on 1/18/2013 6:49 PM PST
21 Blood Elf Mage
I have been looking at engineering lately and interested in feedback from anyone currently using the following.
Specifically wondering if they are worth it and on which classes?
Parachute Cloak with 16 pvp power or 12 agil enchant?

I would think the answer is yes for some classes and specs, such as:

Parachute Cloak with12 agil enchant for hunter or rogue.

Parachute Cloak with16 pvp power enchant for shadow priest, prot pally, boomkin, mage or warlock for the offensive boost of 6.53% damage (keep in mind that you net less damage than this since you give up some intel, crit and haste by not wearing Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak on caster classes.

And yes for holy pallies or disc priests or resto classes that cast mostly heal spells. If your a healer that likes to likes to mix up damage spells with healing spells, then you may want to just stick with Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak

Also Goblin Rocket Boots with Boars Speed (8% movement and 9 stam) or even surefooted (10 crit, 10 hit)

I have fooled around with Rocket boots on classes like rogue, palliy and mage, but I find rocket boots to be unsatisfactory.

The goblin ones blow up quite easily (destroying the boots and causing the loss of whatever enchant was on them). When the gnomish rocket boots fail, it will quite often contribute to your death. I like to be able to count on my gear and abilities to behave consistently in combat.

The level 35 enchants really don't make up for the loss of stats from not using boots such as Acidic Walkers, Hu'rala's Slippers, Boots of the Hero, or Standard Issue Prisoner Shoes with a typical +7 agi or stamina enchant on them. Also, obtaining the desirable hit percent of four percent for pvp is not a problem for most classes without the use of the surefooted enchant.

With the MoP talents system and changes to classes, most classes now have have ways of increasing their movement speed, and so the 8% movement speed from boar's speed is not as beneficial as it once was. The exception to this is perhaps for rogues, because unless they use the Nghtstalker talent, then they tend to pitifully crawl around in stealth, but giving up 15 agi to move faster is not a happy trade off for rogues.

And Spellpower Goggles Xtreme

As for using Spellpower Goggles Xtreme over Tattered Dreadmist Mask, I do not think the net gain of 6 intel at the cost of losing of 8 stamina, 5 crit, and 5 haste is not worth it. To gain 6 int while losing 5 crit on a spriest is kind of a wash from a dps perspective. With the popularity of rogues and pallys in this bracket, the loss of 8 stamina is not trivial either, because you will need enough health to survive and react to a rogue's opening ambush or a pally's six second stun.
Edited by Frosthoar on 1/20/2013 6:07 AM PST
Thanks for the info. Decided its probably not worth dropping Skinning/Herb for the small benifit you get from engineering. Maybe when I get arround to leveling my rogue

However I did read somewhere that if you have more rocket boots in your bags as well as equiped and they explode, the boots in your bags are destroyed first.

I just cant remember where I found this now to verify it...
21 Blood Elf Mage
01/19/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Splay
However I did read somewhere that if you have more rocket boots in your bags as well as equiped and they explode, the boots in your bags are destroyed first.

Interesting, I would like to confirm this, and I might check it out myself, for curiosity's sake.

The main reason for considering engineering in this bracket is for the benefit of using Iron Grenades to interrupt spell casting, or to stop a druid in its tracks long enough for you to catch up to them again, or to stun a group of rogues/pallies long enough to get a self heal spell off.
Edited by Frosthoar on 1/19/2013 7:42 PM PST
24 Goblin Priest

As for using Spellpower Goggles Xtreme over Tattered Dreadmist Mask, I do not think the net gain of 6 intel at the cost of losing of 8 stamina, 5 crit, and 5 haste is not worth it. To gain 6 int while losing 5 crit on a spriest is kind of a wash from a dps perspective. With the popularity of rogues and pallys in this bracket, the loss of 8 stamina is not trivial either, because you will need enough health to survive and react to a rogue's opening ambush or a pally's six second stun.

You're not gaining 6 int, you are gaining 10 over the tattered. Those changes are also swapped out for the rings, which most either go with Charged gears of the Eagle with Charged gears of Intellect.

as far as the crit you lose, it's negligible. When building a glass cannon Spriest, the intent is not for the crit, it's trying to achieve 300+ in Shadowpower for the dot and mind flay, while hoping the rng is kind to you with a 3 orb stack.

this is an example of of a glass cannon build:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khazgoroth/Abusivepope/simple
85 Human Death Knight
01/16/2013 10:55 PMPosted by Zwingley
You have clearly not played a rogue vs. good players. Try landing an ambush opener in the middle of a 10v10 fight on your target that knows you are looking get him and he is jumping around

01/16/2013 10:55 PMPosted by Zwingley
Anyhow, skill means as much now as it did before on rogue

Lmfao, this bracket is so simple it's a joke.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]