20 24 Bracket: Current State of Affairs

21 Blood Elf Mage
Abusivepope
24 Goblin Priest
O Dear

i was lucky enough to find someone who was selling a pair

Thanks, I was really hoping that a pair had dropped for you. I am afraid that Hotshot Pilot's Gloves no longer drops any more in Gnomeregan.

It is not my intention to imply that there was anything untruthful about your statement of 470 Shadow Power. I just had similar difficulties in calculating it after I looked over Punchandpyro's math, and I just concluded that some detail or buff or piece of gear change may have got accidentally left out from the info that was provided or perhaps it is the order or how the benefits of the monk and inner fire buffs are being applied.

I think the players in this forum appreciate that you have taken the time to discuss your build and the numbers associated with it, and that it's not their intention to make you feel defensive. Thanks again for the info.!
Edited by Frosthoar on 2/12/2013 9:11 AM PST
21 Blood Elf Mage
Edubb
1 Orc Warrior

Edited by Edubb on 2/12/13 8:51 AM (PST)
So I made an ally 24 and so far the bracket is terribly one sided. Won 1 game lost 7, ally is full of latin server 20s that are terrible and dont know how to type in English or play WSG properly while horde has 4-5 24s per game. Is it always like this?

What you are describing occurs on both sides of this bracket, there a lot South American f2p players. I personally play both sides of this bracket, and I feel that Allies field more 24's per match on average than does horde. Many allies use battletags and real ID to group up though, so if you are pugging, you can end up in more matches where you are the only 24 on you team. Personally, I only pug, I easily get bored with steamrolling the other team because the 24's run so deep on my team, but pugging means you will face many uphill battles, and if you find that the other sides is running a couple decent premade groups, it may be time to do something else for awhile.
Edited by Frosthoar on 2/12/2013 10:20 AM PST
24 Night Elf Priest
02/12/2013 08:40 AMPosted by Edubb
So I made an ally 24 and so far the bracket is terribly one sided. Won 1 game lost 7, ally is full of latin server 20s that are terrible and dont know how to type in English or play WSG properly while horde has 4-5 24s per game. Is it always like this?

nope... i win as much if not more then i lose but im also a lolspriest. wsg im around 55% win rate. Ab im over 90% win rate.
Edited by Opinionated on 2/12/2013 11:02 AM PST
24 Goblin Priest
thats cool frost basicly what im trying to achive is find out the maximum shadow/spell power you can get at 24.

basicly im trying to prove to pplz why gem when you can achive this much spell power with out them stop being lazy and put some hard work into your twink it does pay off!

471 shadow power does around 2k mind blast crits on lvl 20's with beserker this was on a lvl 20 Night elf hunter with around 1.4k hp the crit was rounded up from 1966
Edited by Abusivepope on 2/12/2013 11:43 AM PST
24 Night Elf Druid
I'm so Op, 17-0 so far me and crew we to QT
24 Gnome Mage
Hi Pope,

I too wasn't calling you a liar, I was just trying to figure out the math. I've taken a few year+ breaks and just recently came back.

I used to make guides for 19s, 29s, 39s and 49s (before there were boas and split battlegrounds) on highest possible spellpower.

One buff I saw in your screenshot was arcane intellect which I didn't account for when doing the math since it can't be cast by a 24. I can't tell what some of those other buffs are. Could you name them?

Congrats on your Hotshot Pilot Gloves! I've really been wanting a pair and would pay whatever it took for a pair. If you don't mind sharing, how much were they? I read that they still drop (someone put in a ticket and a GM answered saying they still drop). They are obviously extremely rare. I swear I had a pair somewhere when I quit a year and a half ago but can't find them now. Hope I didn't sell them.

I noticed recently we were getting a lot of huntards with Spanish named pets. I was wondering what was going on. Now I know.

As far as BGs go, I much prefer AB over WSG but its queue is usually 3x longer. Like 35 minutes vs. 10 for WSG.
25 Human Paladin
This bracket is win, lotta lopsided games but at least we get pops exp off. Beats the hell out of 90 ( Bots and premades), 70 ( lol resil stacking healers ) and 80 @ 85 ( LOL MOP gear). Some of these f2p kids are harder than Darth Vader
Edited by Oldeazy on 2/12/2013 7:00 PM PST
24 Night Elf Priest
I find it a fun bracket to play during the times other brackets arent having games. rolling something other then fotm spriest slowly!
24 Goblin Priest
Minor Wizard Oil] = +7 int
[Elixir of Wisdom] +14 int
["Wizardry" Cologne] +45 spell
lovely undercity card +6 int
Monk buff
inner fire
int buff

i prefure to roll in WSG over AB

but i want to get into more 10v10 wsg and 15 vs 15 AB games alot of fun and very challanging!! thanx lithology was a good game.

Punchandpyro its all good and thanx i payed 37k for them and i do belive they still drop but im not 100% sure iv done alot of reserch on them found 2 mobs that used to drop them back in the day and i dont think blizzard actualy changed the loot table's for these 2 mobs and they are Leprous Defender must be lvl 28 and its ment to have a 0.005% chance to drop and Mechanized Sentry lvl 28 is ment to have a lvl 0.006% chance to drop i did hear from a GM that yes the loot table for some of the loot in gnomer isnt working as intended and the game designers will fix it some time in the future he also said that there was no intention on "removing" hotshots from the game.
24 Human Paladin
i fought abusive pope today and his premade! lol alot of us left
90 Human Hunter
quick question, do any the 24 premades in this bracket actually do premades against each other or just random so they get to go in against mostly level 20s?
Edited by Desïre on 2/14/2013 7:36 PM PST
21 Blood Elf Mage
I have sometimes thought about writing a post entitled "Confessions of a Twink Pugger," and some events that have occurred in the bracket over the last few weeks have inspired to make a few comments here instead.

I left WoW for almost three years, and I have been back for about a year and half now.
During the last year and a half, I have made nine 24 twinks (but I deleted two: a shaman and a druid).

I do not do premades, because they bore me, so I just PuG. "PuG" is a term that many new players seem not to know, and it means "pick-up-group," which is a phrase they still do not understand, which means I queue solo, and just play with random groups and players.

I have five horde twinks and two ally twinks, so I play on both sides of the bracket. I have played over 6000 matches in Warsong on these toons, and my win percent ranges from 65 percent to 87 percent depending on the toon. I typically have top kbs and damage on my team (80 to 90 percent of the time, anyways).

The classes that I enjoy playing at the moment are: Spriest, Holy Pally, and Prot Pally. I sometimes have fun playing a hunter or rogue when the other team seems to be consistently weaker. Currently, I find my Mage and Warlock to be inferior to the above mentioned classes, and its rare that I play them (I dust them off for a few matches during Call to Arms for the extra honor).

During the last few weeks there have been so many whinny, undergeared horde playing in Warsong that it has been fairly unpleasant to be teamed with them. A lot of them are voicing resentment about 24's to the point that they direct negative comments and attacks at the 24's on their own team, since they cannot talk to the enemy 24's directly.

Clearly, if you come undergeared, fail to play smart, fail to provide support for your team, and you spend your time insulting the few players that you hope will carry you to victory, then you are undermining any chance that you have for a victory or a good time. Consequently, I have been playing 80 percent of my matches on the ally side lately. Some people just make their own luck, and give themselves even more to complain about.

If your a f2p player and you think complaining or calling your teammates names is going to help you at all, it obviously is not. And if you wonder why there are more and more 24 premades, perhaps its cuz the 24's are beggining to resent having whinny, bad players on their team, and their solution is to avoid grouping with them. What's your solution going to be?

For the time being, I shall continue to be a pugger, but I wiill pug for the side that I find to be less annoying. That is my solution. Oh, and by the way, I just found out on my ally spriest today that Lovely Charm only stack to 40 (I was expecting 100). <smirk>
Edited by Frosthoar on 2/15/2013 2:31 PM PST
24 Human Warlock
The classes that I enjoy playing at the moment are: Spriest, Holy Pally, and Prot Pally. I sometimes have fun playing a hunter or rogue when the other team seems to be consistently weaker. Currently, I find my Mage and Warlock to be inferior to the above mentioned classes, and its rare that I play them (I dust them off for a few matches during Call to Arms for the extra honor).
I have fun on my Lock. Just queing with Silent or Lith we can kite for days on D. Now it does suck when you're without a healer trying to solo return the flag. But all in all I'm glad I went with my Lock.
21 Blood Elf Mage
I have fun on my Lock. Just queing with Silent or Lith we can kite for days on D. Now it does suck when you're without a healer trying to solo return the flag. But all in all I'm glad I went with my Lock.

I had a lot of fun on my 24 lock as affliction spec prior to MoP.
24 Human Warlock
02/15/2013 03:08 PMPosted by Frosthoar

I had a lot of fun on my 24 lock as affliction spec prior to MoP.
Well yea, I think MoP killed Afflic...or at least the playstyle I fell in love with. I still haven't tried Demo, ever, but I like that Destro is at least relevant (for leveling and end game). Those snares and big crits sure are fun to annoy people with.
21 Blood Elf Mage
02/14/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Poppintags

Your in luck, the pope changed his server and his faction. He is alliance now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Abusivepope/simple
Edited by Frosthoar on 2/16/2013 9:52 AM PST
24 Human Priest

O.o

Why? I was actually considering going horde for faster queue's
24 Human Paladin

That is so awesome! cant wait to play with that guy!
24 Human Warlock
02/16/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Frosthoar

All the cool kids be in <Sua Sponte>
90 Human Priest
Selling Petrolspill Leggings on Ally Darkspear! http://www.wowhead.com/item=9509#dropped-by
BiS extremely rare gnome legs.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]