20 24 Bracket: Current State of Affairs

24 Goblin Priest
Very odd. I find Horde win most WSG and Alliance win a large majority of the AB.
21 Blood Elf Mage
Apoxonthee
24 Goblin Priest
Seven Deadly Sins

Very odd. I find Horde win most WSG and Alliance win a large majority of the AB.

I hear this a lot, and there does seem to be periods when there are so many horde nubs in AB that impossible to win as horde. and I do know from experience that its a lot easier to steer alliance to a win in this bracket.

I have such a strong preference for WSG over AB that I only do AB when it's the CoA bg.

Since AB is about holding nodes, and nubs are terrible at that (they just want to follow a zerg), it's much more of a challenge to help the team pull off a win in AB than WSG, cuz now I am just one good player out 15 players vs. being one good player out 10--my impact is more diluted in AB. But despite this, I looked at my win percentage on my four of my main horde toons for this bracket and my win percent for AB as horde ranged from a 75 to 89 percent (similar to what my stats are for WSG).
Edited by Frosthoar on 2/18/2013 12:11 PM PST
24 Goblin Priest
That's an incredible win rate pugging. At least 10-15% of the games I'm put in are already started and 95% of those the other team is farming our team in the GY or something. I would think those kinds of numbers would only be possible quitting out of losing games or being in premades.

Lately on the Horde side I've been stuck with a bunch of terrible level 20s who only speak Spanish.
24 Night Elf Priest
I have lost 1 ab as alliance
21 Blood Elf Mage
02/18/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Apoxonthee
That's an incredible win rate pugging

There are a few things that can help to improve the pugging experience and to avoid losing:

1) Never take an instant Q because it's more likely to drop you into a game that has already begun than into one that has not started yet. The first few minutes of the match are very important because one side usually gets its morale crushed and this will quite often set the tempo for how the rest of the match is going to go.

2) If you just played with a weak or annoying team, wait a few minutes before queuing up again, so you can ditch the bad team (hopefully for a better and more fun group). As a pugger, you still want to avoid bad teammates, but you also want to avoid stacking your own team with too many great players (in order to avoid boring wins). I also ditch teams that are too good.

3) Sometimes the competition between factions is so lopsided that you just need to skip playing in this bracket for awhile. This happens when one faction gets a large influx of new, under-geared players- (like when you have two or more players with under 1k health on your team). Or when the other faction has several different premades going with 5 or more 24's per team. When this happens its time to go work on another WoW project or play in another bracket or watch some Netflix.

02/18/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Apoxonthee
Lately on the Horde side I've been stuck with a bunch of terrible level 20s who only speak Spanish.

Both sides suffer from this, but there has been a larger recent influx of new F2p players on the horde side. This has caused me to play more alliance this week than I have played in a long time. I normally play 90 percent of my matches on the horde side. I oneshot players with under 1k health to the point of getting 20 to 40 kbs and zero deaths in a match. Normally, I would find this boring, but sometimes I find farming the players that are annoying me to be very satisfying--I am just doing my part to help motivate these bad new players to use DF to get some better gear before joining a team in the bgs.
24 Tauren Druid
01/21/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Steelspine
Yea I think I will, besides even it it doesn't work I have 3 other specs to work with.

I've leveled my druid and tested guardian, and it doesn't seem to put out enough damage. Feral's much better, even without the stun. Anyway what's BiS for feral? Can't seem to find a BiS one.
21 Blood Elf Mage
I've leveled my druid and tested guardian, and it doesn't seem to put out enough damage. Feral's much better, even without the stun. Anyway what's BiS for feral? Can't seem to find a BiS one.

I made a 24 druid and later deleted it (not because they suck, but more because they do not bring anything to the table that another class does not do better, except for resto spec and the ability to kite and to run flags). I found feral spec to be OK, but not lethal enough. I found Balance got more kbs than feral, and I thought Resto was the most powerful spec overall for survivability and flag running (and that a good resto druid had a strong impact on outcome of the match).

I like to top the charts for kbs and damage, and balance druids have the best chance of doing that.

Here are a couple of feral druids for you to take a gander at:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Alamoo/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anubarak/Trollndirty/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Brumnay/simple
Edited by Frosthoar on 2/18/2013 3:30 PM PST
24 Goblin Priest
Good tips on the queueing Frost. If I'm with a really lousy team, I do wait to requeue. I usually hit Gnomergan again since I'm still gearing (damn you Thermaplug!) I'm probably about 0 for 40 on this toon trying to get an intellect ring. I got two with my mage in about that many times which was lucky.

A few weeks ago I was playing on my alliance mage Punchandpyro and ran into a horde boomkin that tore me up. I usually didn't give druids much thought other than the healers which are really hard to kill. Wish I had written down the name.
24 Night Elf Priest
Need moar alliance in this thread
24 Tauren Druid
I made a 24 druid and later deleted it (not because they suck, but more because they do not bring anything to the table that another class does not do better, except for resto spec and the ability to kite and to run flags). I found feral spec to be OK, but not lethal enough. I found Balance got more kbs than feral, and I thought Resto was the most powerful spec overall for survivability and flag running (and that a good resto druid had a strong impact on outcome of the match).

Yea I've heard about balance, but I think it's too OP, and I've been trying to stay away from FOTM classes (druid is OP anyway, but it's mostly to allow me to survive spriest's retarded burst). Also I see the druids took +4 stats for chest, but if you want to self-heal, take 100 mana, you won't go OOM after 4 rejuvs.
24 Human Priest
hi, all i have been asked alot of questions over the last few days like "why did you change sides" i have gotten alot of yay from alliance and alot of nay from horde since the change so im going to lvl with everyone and tell you what is going through my mind yes i did change to alliance but i dont know how long for probly till i get sick of alliance and want to change back.
24 Human Mage
yes i did change to alliance but i dont know how long for probly forever.

fixt
Being the best geared, and one of the better spriests in general as far as positioning, offheals, and CC I hope you stay for quite a long time.
24 Night Elf Rogue
Hey pope just wondering why you choose alcheamy. What do you get from it? anyways i am new to 24 and i am a fan=D
24 Human Mage
02/20/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Bossmobtwo
Hey pope just wondering why you choose alcheamy. What do you get from it? anyways i am new to 24 and i am a fan=D

it doubles your use for pots, like your 8 agi elixir would give 16, his 6 int elixir gives 12.
24 Night Elf Rogue
Oh ic thanks for the info =D
24 Human Priest
02/20/2013 05:55 PMPosted by Skullcandyx
it doubles your use for pots, like your 8 agi elixir would give 16, his 6 int elixir gives 12.

this is incorrect it actualy give's 2.5x the stat so say the elixir gives +6 int it will actualy give me +14 but this only works if i can make the potion so if your lucky enough to get your hands on a lesser agi pattern (+8 agi) it will give u somthing like 18 agi.
Edited by Abusivepope on 2/20/2013 11:23 PM PST
21 Blood Elf Mage
just wondering why choose alcheamy

For some classes at level 24, the stat boost from the alchemy profession with elixirs seems like the way to go, but with some classes the roughly 2 percent increase in crit chance from skinning is hard to pass up.

For instance, my 24 rogue has a 32 percent melee crit chance with skinning, and I am not sure if an increase of 8-10 agi is worth losing a 2 percent chance to crit.

Also, my fire mage has a 23 percent chance to crit (with skinning), which helps to generate more instant pyroblast procs, so its a tough choice as to whether to trade off the crit from skinning for more intel (and spellpower) from an improved wisdom elixir. My mage pugged a match today where I went 37-1.

I am kind of waiting to see the 5.2 changes to low level classes before I make up my mind to drop skinning for alchemy on some of my toons.
Edited by Frosthoar on 2/22/2013 11:47 AM PST
24 Goblin Priest
I go for skinning on all my twinks. 2% is a big deal. Many times the only way to kill healers is by critting so I try to stack crit gear on my mage (he's at like 25-26%) and will on Apox but I'm still gearing up.

Gnomergan is driving me nuts though. It seems like 100 runs on this toon and zero charged gears of intellect. Every time a dungeon group starts running around trying to kill every mob in the dungeon I want to scratch my eyes out.
21 Blood Elf Mage
02/22/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Apoxonthee
I try to stack crit gear on my mage (he's at like 25-26%)

Impressive. My mage has a little over 24 percent crit if I wear Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak and a little over 23 percent when I wear Parachute Cloak (with+16 pvp power encant). I have Hotshot Pilot's Gloves for my mage, and I am not sure how I could get to 25 percent crit or above as a 24 horde mage, unless I changed faction to alliance and chose worgen as a race and/or got Yorgen's Boon. I did play about 10 fun AB matches today on my mage.

02/22/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Apoxonthee
Gnomergan is driving me nuts though. It seems like 100 runs on this toon and zero charged gears of intellect. Every time a dungeon group starts running around trying to kill every mob in the dungeon I want to scratch my eyes out.

Using DF to farm Gnomeregan rings is insane, you may do another 100 runs before you see an intel ring drop, and then some random numskull will need roll on it, and you will lose the roll (making you want to rage-quit WoW). You need to have someone you trust run you through the instance. If you take the right route, its takes 4-10 minutes (depending on the level and class of your helper) per run to farm Thermaplugg.
Edited by Frosthoar on 2/22/2013 9:29 PM PST
24 Human Paladin
Seems the right place to post this. Had some pretty fun games tonight. Got crit for 1.2k by a boomkin. Crazy
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]