Anubisath Idol ability Reflect

90 Goblin Mage
If my pet goes first and the Anubisath ability reflect goes second, does it make sense that the second ability which was not triggered before the first ability gets to reflect an action prior to its origination?

That's what happens when Anubisath uses reflect. It will reflect an ability in the same round it is used no matter the speed rating.

For instance, if you use a stun ability on a pet that has a higher speed rating, Anubisath will stun you.

Logic says that reflect should reflect the NEXT ability. If an ability came before that, how is it NEXT?

LOGIC???? BLIZZARD?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
It's done like this to avoid making reflect completely useless. If you saw the opponent cast reflect you would just pass the next turn and waste their 5 round cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/26/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Pwncess
It's done like this to avoid making reflect completely useless. If you saw the opponent cast reflect you would just pass the next turn and waste their 5 round cooldown.

One could argue that reflect could simply ignore passed turns, and just wait until the opponent actually does something (and then reflect it).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
it has hidden priority modifier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
well, i guess it makes sense because if you tried to reflect a spell and you were slower than your opponent, nothing would ever happen.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I feel your confusion. The abilities in general are poorly worded. It would seem that if the ability that is reflected is infact the "next" ability, then the reflect should have a notation such as "this ability always goes first." Labels and such are sprinked in some places and not in others. The system is not entirely uniform. The same thing that drives me to collect and level pets (ocd) is what aggrivates me the most.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
This is true of every pet that has reflect, just not anubisath, but yeah. That's how it works for now.

(<3 reflect, please don't nerf it)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
priority moves, straight outa pokemon.

you have your tiers
+2(reflect)
+1(surge, quick attack, blink strike)
0(claw, bite, etc)

not sure if there are any 'this move always goes last' but those would be a -1 priority modifier
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
It has a priority, like Surge and Quick Attack.

It's just like pokemon. Reflect is like Protect/Detect, which has the highest priority.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The best counter I know to reflect is to pass turn when you think they will use it. IMO nerf this move.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Only issue with relfect is how it reflects over the time affects. Other then this its a powerful tool that anyone with half a brain can predict and counter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Well... no.

It's strategy. If you think I'm going to reflect and I don't, then I've outwitted you. So it's not "anyone with half a brain" it's a battle of guesswork and wit.

And the cards are normally more in the hands of the reflector.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/26/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Hugh

One could argue that reflect could simply ignore passed turns, and just wait until the opponent actually does something (and then reflect it).

Then instead of using a damaging attack, you use a heal or something you know reflect won't -reflect-
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
You can trick them into using it early. I actually don't use reflect on my abunisath idol, i prefer the armor for tanking... works out well for what I do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]