wow not installing

so i'm trying to re install wow after uninstalling it and every time i pop the disk in it opens up the launcher and starts downloading but it doesn't install the game on the computer itself. I've also tried to install it with the game client but it does the same thing. This keeps on happening and every time I log out I have to put the disk back in because it doesn't install.

If anyone know how to fix this I would be very grateful for your help.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011701/

Forums -> Support -> Technical Support

Ryg is really on the ball today, you may get a redirect anyway.

Edit: Yup.
Edited by Relesa on 12/26/2012 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Cynris,

When you start the installer for World of Warcraft it will connect to the internet and start downloading the latest launcher program. That's probably what you see installing first.

You should let this continue to install so it can start downloading the rest of the game. If you have the Mists of Pandaria DVD, then use that to begin the installer. Otherwise use the website installer. None of the older DVDs should be used since they are all obsolete.

If you encounter an error when installing, can you please describe what happens?
Reply Quote
I did let the download finish and it says game is up to date and after this nothing else happens. I can still hit play and play the game but every time i take out the disk I have to put it back in to play. every time i put it in it asks me if Ii want to allow it to make changes to this computer like it's about to install I press yes and it just opens up the launcher. I tried using my cataclysm disc but every time i try to install it it tells me that there might be problems with the installation and asks me if i still want to install i press yes but when its done installing and i try to open it up it says that it is not a valid win32 application
Reply Quote
and as i have said when i use the website installer it just opens up the launcher

someone please help
Edited by Cynris on 12/26/2012 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Cynris,

It sounds like you have installed the game and are using the DVD to start the launcher.

Do you have any shortcuts made for the game on your desktop or in your windows start menu?

The default directory for World of Warcraft is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Personally, I would completely uninstall the game from your system. Do not put the DVD back into your disc drive. Go to your Battle.net Account Management and download the game from there. This will bypass any of the crap you are dealing with and make sure the install goes smoothly.

If you do this, and it still does not fix your problem, then I would suggest coming back to these forums and updating the blues on your progress. Yes, you will have to wait for the game to completely download, but I promise that it will be faster than waiting on a support ticket during this holiday season...

Be patient, download the game, and enjoy yourself doing something else while doing so, whether it be watching a show or reading up on WoW related stuff..

edit: definitely try what the blue posted above me as well. We apparently posted at the same time :) His might end up being faster for you. If not, then you can fall back to my suggestion... Being an IT guy, I find starting from scratch can sometimes make things a lot easier..
Edited by Masakist on 12/26/2012 1:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
that is what i tried and i'm pretty sure i fully removed the game since when i typed in the directory of the game it did not find any suggestions i uninstalled it using the game uninstaller and also from the control panel . But i'm still not sure if there is something still left of wow on my computer pc
is there a way to be sure ? because if there is i would gladly follow Masakist's suggestion and fully remove the game and start all over .
Edited by Cynris on 12/26/2012 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Cynris,

If you've started uninstalling then you may want to scan your system for any other WoW files that might remain. The Uninstall instructions will list those folders so you can manually do this. That page also includes information on reinstalling.
Reply Quote
78 Human Paladin
"Data required to install this game could not be found. Please try again. If this error reoccurs, please try installing World of Warcraft as a digital download on Battle.net."

This being the only message I have received from the Game Client I happen to have downloaded from Battle.net.... There is no other options. I purchased MoP as a digital game as well as Cata, and I have no disks to use. Please help me to find an installer that I can download that will actually work. The one on Battle.net is broken.
Reply Quote
i got it thanks everyone !
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
"Data required to install this game could not be found. Please try again. If this error reoccurs, please try installing World of Warcraft as a digital download on Battle.net."

This being the only message I have received from the Game Client I happen to have downloaded from Battle.net.... There is no other options. I purchased MoP as a digital game as well as Cata, and I have no disks to use. Please help me to find an installer that I can download that will actually work. The one on Battle.net is broken.

I have this same error. any fixes out there? I see nothing on these forums
Reply Quote
17 Dwarf Paladin
I have windows 8 and and every time i try to install it,it says that i don't have the right type of operating system i was playing it before and it worked perfectly and i cant uninstall it it dosent show up in my programs
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Qslxredtiger, you can just delete the World of Warcraft folder, along with these folders, and try installing again.

'Look at flesh. See only potential. Strands, sequences, twisting, separating, joining. See how it could be better. Eat flesh, splinter bone. Inside me, can touch it. Weave it. Spin it... Make it great.'

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]