Krol the Blade

(Locked)

90 Gnome Warlock
First blizz, let me say I love the item elixir of ancient knowledge. 300% xp gain for 1 hour is awesome. But it's a bit depressing when that hour is out. As someone who has leveled way to many toon, and continues to do so I'd like to see some improvements to this item. It has a 10% drop rate, and I can only assume I was lucky to run across krol while he wasn't being camped.

Please make it a 3 use item instead of just once, or better yet, give it a 24 hour cd, but that you get to keep the item. I think 1 hour per day of triple xp wouldn't be to overpowered.
90 Human Paladin
I just wish it didn't go away after you die. And while this would be a great idea, it'd also make leveling even easier than it is now. But I suppose if you were lucky enough to tag him AND get the potion, you deserve tripled XP for an hour every day.
90 Draenei Shaman
It's not something you are supposed to use consistently, it's just like the hozen peace pipe. You use it once and that's a nice boon but them you have to camp rares if you want more
15 Blood Elf Hunter
I agree this item should be usable more then once a drop. When multiple people are farming it, with such a low drop rate from a rare it's a bit hard to come by. Granted I have had 2 sitting in my mains inventory forever... I don't want to use one, because then I would only have one left then that one would be gone ;_;

I'm a hoarder of rare items...
90 Human Paladin
Give it a cooldown of some sort, but non-consumable.
90 Goblin Shaman
I killed him so many times, so much time wasted spawn camping this guy, logging in and out with target macro, getting so excited to see him, kill him, no drop again and again. I gave up.

Its not worth it. In the time I wasted I could have leveled a toon farther then the 300% buff would have given me for that hour.
90 Human Paladin
If the flask were given a cooldown but not consumed when used, Krol would be camped to Hell and back by everybody and their grandmothers' dog.

If you think it's camped significantly now, you are mistaken.
90 Pandaren Monk
12/26/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Swarrzk
Its not worth it. In the time I wasted I could have leveled a toon farther then the 300% buff would have given me for that hour.

This is the problem with it. To have such a desireable item be a rare drop off a rare spawn that will surely be camped, it should be MUCH better than it is. First off, the buff should be like a flask, especially since at any time during leveling on a pvp server now, you can get ganked by a level 90, completely negating that item. Second, as has been mentioned a few times, it shouldn't be a one time use thing- at the very least it should have a few charges, or a long CD to ensure that people can't just pop it all the time. 24 hours seems more than reasonable to me, considering they had no problem putting in a daily for monks that gave them 100%+ xp for an hour (depending on the level, of course).
If the flask were given a cooldown but not consumed when used, Krol would be camped to Hell and back by everybody and their grandmothers' dog.

Just because it would be camped more, doesn't mean it isn't camped significantly now. It would be no different from the amount that say, the ghostly pandaren fisherman is camped, because of the trinket or w/e he drops that gives bonus fish. These items are supposed to be rare, not "not worth camping". While leveling on 3 of my toons so far, i've gotten one useful rare item off the countless rares i've seen- partly because the rare drops aren't on par with the quest gear from that zone, and partly because since it's so random, you don't even know what armor type you're gonna get- just which ones you might. It's not a good system right now imo.
Edited by Dancecomandr on 12/26/2012 3:20 PM PST
90 Gnome Warlock

Actually since the item is bind to account, there wouldn't be a reason to have more than one of them. They could even make it unique, or shared cd so to make sure people had no reason to have more than one. So it might be camped more at the start, as more people got 1 there wouldn't be a demand for them.
They need to make this item unique, because there are players camping and hoarding them to transfer to other accounts (basically selling them for cash). On the Undermine server, there is a toon named Away who has over 300 Krol kills and over 100 elixirs... and counting... as he has figured out the spawn timer and spawn point for Krol every time. This in itself is horrible as other players are not able to make the kill, but more so if he is one of those selling them cross server to others accounts (basically making an account to sell on another server, transferring a toon there to that account and collecting money for say 10-20 elixirs at a time). Preventing this by making the item unique would be a perfect fix and really even the playing field for everyone else.

Comments?
12/26/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Kaylin
It's not something you are supposed to use consistently, it's just like the hozen peace pipe. You use it once and that's a nice boon but them you have to camp rares if you want more

The loser who sits in his parents basement and camps this for months at a time is what troubles me. This should be more random and I like the idea of making it unique and having 3 charges once a day because not everyone can be on every day.
12/26/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Dancecomandr

This is the problem with it. To have such a desireable item be a rare drop off a rare spawn that will surely be camped, it should be MUCH better than it is. First off, the buff should be like a flask, especially since at any time during leveling on a pvp server now, you can get ganked by a level 90, completely negating that item. Second, as has been mentioned a few times, it shouldn't be a one time use thing- at the very least it should have a few charges, or a long CD to ensure that people can't just pop it all the time. 24 hours seems more than reasonable to me, considering they had no problem putting in a daily for monks that gave them 100%+ xp for an hour (depending on the level, of course).

Just because it would be camped more, doesn't mean it isn't camped significantly now. It would be no different from the amount that say, the ghostly pandaren fisherman is camped, because of the trinket or w/e he drops that gives bonus fish. These items are supposed to be rare, not "not worth camping". While leveling on 3 of my toons so far, i've gotten one useful rare item off the countless rares i've seen- partly because the rare drops aren't on par with the quest gear from that zone, and partly because since it's so random, you don't even know what armor type you're gonna get- just which ones you might. It's not a good system right now imo.

On my server, it's constantly camped by one toon who has figured out the spawn timer. He has well over 100 elixirs he says and just wants to hoard as many as possible before Blizzard figures out that there are people like him doing this. And of course there are the ones making cash off of this spawn timer issue... but that's a whole different problem that I am sure Blizzard can't prevent because it goes way beyond just these elixirs. As for the Pandaren Fisherman, that item you get ONCE as are many of the other rare items. The Hozen pipe being similar to the elixir but once you get exalted it's not worth anything. This item is much different in the way people are hoarding them in hopes that Blizzard will never see that their timer is messed up and they can level all of their toons, all of the time, with the elixir buff.
90 Pandaren Hunter
I think the only plausible change that would be and should be done to it is make it resist through death. Using it on a pvp server can be scary, and having it while in a dungeon group is annoying if the groups wipes fast. I had it on one toon and did an easy instance with a lot of quests and had fail players who stood in aoe dying and causing us to wipe. Making me lose the buff after about 5 minutes.
70 Human Warrior
no, just keep it the way it is. Be cautes when using it. Just be happy you can use an item that gives an EXP increase. least it aint like back in the day where it took months to get to level 60.
90 Tauren Paladin
If you spend more than 3 hours camping this mob for this elixir, then you have waisted your time. I believe that this mob should drop a BoA Trinket that when used gives it for 1 hour, with a 24 hour cool down. This would be very useful, and actually worth camping.
90 Dwarf Priest
...The entire point of many of these rares would seem to be the opportunity for a challenging fight with the possibility of dropping an exciting upgrade for you. Not everything is about getting to 90 ASAP or benefitting 90s. The fact that it is non-productive to camp him is probably the point.
90 Tauren Paladin
I definitely agree. I feel that blizzard could easily make it like most of the battle elixers, like the flasks, they persist through death, because let's face it, we all at some point have popped a potion like this and died shortly after due to stupidity or poor dungeon groups or whatever.Either they should make it where it persists through death or make it re-uasable on a long cd like say every 6 hour or something or just make it have a chance to drop off certain other rares as well so it's slightly easier to farm for it without having half a dozen other people looking to swoop in on you (myself included sometimes.)
90 Tauren Paladin
That's actually a very good thought in my opinion. Because there are those BoA weapons that don't offer any other type of outrageous stats other then doing something fun or cosmetic.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]