Playing wow from 2 diff IPs

100 Blood Elf Rogue
I normally Play from my house and no issues there, but now i made a gaming PC for work so i can play when i have the chance, I try it for the first time today and i could not logged in. Can you actually achieve this without having to reset your password or going thro verification process? i mean do i have to go thro this every time?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You only need to re-verify at a new IP address once.
After that it should be fine.
Edited by Ashley on 12/27/2012 5:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
75 Dwarf Death Knight
You only need to re-verify at a new IP address once.
After that it should be fine.

What she said
I play at school and at home. If it's a new location, you only have to reset once and you're set
Edited by Draegand on 12/27/2012 5:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
It takes about 5 days for their system to get your log in process. If you log in from different IPs a lot you will have to go through the verification process a lot. I travel a lot for work, I have changed my password 36 times in the last year.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
thank you very much guys
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Adding an Authenticator to your account will make the lockout trigger less often. Also, as mentioned, the system will "learn" patterns over time.

In addition, the SMS Protect feature will make it easier to unlock things:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battlenet-sms-protect
"Hey you just posted, and this is crazy,
But here's a sticky, so read it maybe?" -- Roraks
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It is annoying, I work at a LAN center and we constantly get people coming up to us asking why they're only getting locked out here.
Reply Quote
Customer Support
A bit of inconvenience is the price of added security at times. As others have noted, the system should adjust to your play-style over time, with an Authenticator bringing additional security.

Apologies for the bother, Vens!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
30 seconds longer to log in or potentially a few days of no play time to get your account restored if its hacked.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Oh np i appreciate the blue xD!!!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
12/27/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Metastomp
It is annoying, I work at a LAN center and we constantly get people coming up to us asking why they're only getting locked out here.

PSA poster on the door might help.

"Dear World of Warcraft players,

If you are having issues with your account locking you out when playing here, get an authenticator. This will stop the lockouts."

-_-
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
Idea:

Have an authorization area in Battle.net settings that keep track of the machines or IPs you normally play on, sort of like Facebook's device tracking. You could also have more flexible security settings like not allowing any login (website or game) from a device/IP not on the list and removing Authenticator usage from the approved device/IP list. Of course, there needs to be some backdoor just in case you have only one device/IP there and your ISP changes your IP, which tracking devices would help.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
12/27/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Palaurus
Have an authorization area in Battle.net settings that keep track of the machines or IPs you normally play on, sort of like Facebook's device tracking. You could also have more flexible security settings like not allowing any login (website or game) from a device/IP not on the list and removing Authenticator usage from the approved device/IP list. Of course, there needs to be some backdoor just in case you have only one device/IP there and your ISP changes your IP, which tracking devices would help.

Bad idea. The first thing somebody compromising an account would do would be to whitelist their favorite proxy server.
"Hey you just posted, and this is crazy,
But here's a sticky, so read it maybe?" -- Roraks
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
How do free or less than cost options equal making a "quick buck"??
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Rogue
12/27/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Perl
How do free or less than cost options equal making a "quick buck"??

It's not, he is out to make a point from another thread that was locked already.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
add mobile authenticator to your account so that you could enter the code at convenient.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
My son goes to school in the US but comes home to Canada for breaks ... he has to reset his password every time - Shouldn't battle.net recognize both IPs by now? What makes it worse is that I have his account info since I pay for his WoW time so every time I log into his acct to add time I have to reset the password then he has to reset it to play again -
Edited by Orlyia on 12/28/2012 2:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
12/28/2012 02:46 AMPosted by Pikwyk
My son goes to school in the US but comes home to Canada for breaks ... he has to reset his password every time - Shouldn't battle.net recognize both IPs by now? What makes it worse is that I have his account info since I pay for his WoW time so every time I log into his acct to add time I have to reset the password then he has to reset it to play again -

Nope, it would have to be frequent enough - and coming home on breaks wouldn't do that.

Have him get an authenticator, that should help with this greatly - as well as protect his account.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]