Fastest way to VP cap?

(Locked)

64 Draenei Shaman
What is the fastest way to VP cap and why? I'm undecided between heroics, challenge modes, and I don't even know if scenarios give valor. Thanks
Edit- Not high enough ilvl to do Raid Finder.
Edited by Cromush on 12/27/2012 8:59 PM PST
90 Goblin Warrior
Well, supposedly challenge modes are supposed to be the fastest source of valor.

In reality, doing your 1 heroic a day followed by <insert daily quests here> are going to be your fastest way of doing them, even moreso with friends (since most dailys just require killing, anyway)
100 Human Paladin
If you're really good at challenge modes they're easily the fastest way to cap. They give 85 valor per gold and if you do one of the easier fast one likes Gate of Setting Sun that's less than 13 minutes per run. However, I highly doubt anyone capable of running them efficiently is really interested in farming them for valor points.

Spamming Heroics is probably the fastest alternative. However I would just do raids and dailies and cap naturally that way personally.
90 Human Priest
Yeah gate of setting sun would probably be the fastest way to cap valor. With the most ease. Granted even if you miss gold and just get silver it's still fairly fast. Though it would be boring as hell to grind it out if it wasn't at least the daily as well for the first run.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Doing a random scenario and a random heroic is easy and pretty quick. That's 120 valor for about 30 minutes of play.
90 Orc Death Knight
12/28/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Saavuori
Doing a random scenario and a random heroic is easy and pretty quick. That's 120 valor for about 30 minutes of play.

This is typically what I do. Q for heroic, while waiting in Q, Q for scenario.
90 Troll Druid
Maybe the Challenge Mode Daily? If you get Silver on it (which it's not too bad to do), you get like 150ish VP right there.
90 Human Death Knight
Challenge Mode daily is, on paper, the "most efficient," but probably not once you figure in needing a competent group and all that jazz.

If you play every day, definitely do the "one heroic/one scenario a day" thing. If you need to power-grind one, maybe go for the shorter queue (e.g., grind heroics if you are a tank, grind scenarios if you are a dps)?

In terms of dailies for Valor, I prefer Klaxxi/Golden Lotus/Tillers, in terms of "high concentration / low difficulty." Stuff like Anglers and Cloud Serpent and stuff is fine, but you have to fly over there, and only get 3-4 dailies to do.

I do recommend doing Operation: Shieldwall. Some decent gear to unlock and a pretty good rep grind (lots of little quests and story stuff as you go).

Good luck to you!
90 Orc Death Knight
I do recommend doing Operation: Shieldwall. Some decent gear to unlock and a pretty good rep grind (lots of little quests and story stuff as you go).

These really were excellently done.
90 Human Priest
LFR + 1 heroic a day.

(90 x 5) + (80 x 7) > 1000

Dailies here and there if you miss a heroic.
100 Human Paladin
If you still need gear from heroic 5 mans, queue up for those. Maybe not quite the same VP/hour rate, but the drops are good, and the JP from the boss can be used to upgrade your blue gear.
Edited by Osmeric on 12/28/2012 10:41 AM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
12/27/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Cromush

Then you don't have a high enough ilv to really do Challenge Modes either. You are really stuck with heroics and scenarios for VP right now, and dailies in between queues.
90 Worgen Warlock
12/28/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Arpandaday

Then you don't have a high enough ilv to really do Challenge Modes either.

Do you not have any idea how challenge modes work...?
90 Human Death Knight
12/28/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Varlth

Then you don't have a high enough ilv to really do Challenge Modes either.

Raid Finder ilvl is 460, and CMs scale down to 463, but not up.. soooo, technically he doesn't have optimal ilvl for them
90 Worgen Warlock

Raid Finder ilvl is 460, and CMs scale down to 463, but not up.. soooo, technically he doesn't have optimal ilvl for them

Yeah, for some reason I was thinking HoF/terrace at first, however people were definitely doing CMs around a 455-460 ilevel.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]