To all those wondering which healer to roll

90 Blood Elf Priest
Okay, this is going to be one thread that will answer all of your questions.

The best healer that you can possibly pick is the one that you find the most fun to play and feel the most comfortable to heal as.

Creating a thread asking people such things as "what is the best healer?" "which healer is the strongest?" etc. ad nauseum will not get you any real insight into any of the classes.

Look up threads on each specific class's forums. They each have one or two guides to their class's healing spec stickied. (at the top of the first page, always)

Read a few if you can't decide. If something catches your eye, go with it. If you enjoy the class, there's no reason you can't do well at 90. There is no healer that isn't completely viable for the majority of content right now. Any healer that is currently "the best" will be nerfed eventually, or changed such that it is no longer "the best", making rolling a class because of it's current state completely irrelevant.

I can guarantee you'll get much more out of the experience if you put some work into it. After all, best, worst, it's all subjective.

Happy healing.
Reply Quote
15 Draenei Hunter
There is a sticky that covers this topic.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/29/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Sephé
There is a sticky that covers this topic.

Exactly my point with this. ;)

Or have you not seen the 80 billion "which healer should i roll and why?" threads out there?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
but palashamapriestreeweavers are the best!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I swear, I'm going to hamstring the next person who posts a, "Like, omg, which class should I play?!"
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The sticky at the top is pretty outdated tbh and doesn't reflect the changes brought in MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Fluffy, come to chat!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Chat what where?!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/29/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Fluffy
Chat what where?!

Chat?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
We should totally make our own guide to healers, Keiri.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/30/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Keirisonis
Chat what where?!

Chat?

http://outofmana.me/healchat/

Where we vent and QQ and say weird things.

Sooooo which class should I play? I was thinking a death knight cos like they're heals are fabulous ~
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/30/2012 01:12 AMPosted by Veroicone

Chat?

http://outofmana.me/healchat/

Where we vent and QQ and say weird things.

Sooooo which class should I play? I was thinking a death knight cos like they're heals are fabulous ~

lol :x

lets make this guide you guys, im srs. we can each right a section and the coordinate when to post our reply in order.
Reply Quote
8 Dwarf Priest
If you just want to have "fun," whatever you think that is, then it literally doesn't matter what class you choose. At all. In fact it doesn't even matter if you play this game. This game isn't required for fun. There are many things in the world which can provide that experience. WoW isn't the least bit relevant or necessary for obtaining fun in that sense. The reason is because if you are determined to have fun, most likely you will enjoy whatever you eventually decide to do.

In actuality you may accomplish very little, if anything, but with the proper attitude you're virtually guaranteed to feel great about yourself along the way, even if all you do is passively gawk at other people's journeys from some mostly stationary vantage point, i.e. Stormwind.

On the other hand, if you have a goal in WoW you'd like to achieve, some healing classes can in fact be better than others in pursuit of said goal. But its doubtful you could trust anyone's word about what would help you, personally, reach your goal.

Its not that people are liars, its just that nobody has to live with the thing inside your brain like you do. Nobody understands you like you do. The only one who is going to be able to make the best choice about which class works best for you under what conditions is...you. You're the only one who can decide.

So take some responsibility, and choose.

Or, leave it up to someone else to decide your fate. If you go this way you may end up happy, or miserable, or anywhere in between...but in any case you left yourself at the mercy of someone else's decision making capabilities. Perhaps you don't care about WoW that much if you want other people to make choices about it for you?

You should be warned; if fun is your primary goal, there are many systems within WoW's gameplay designed to get you to behave in a specific way. If you find the idea of your freedom of choice being limited in this way distasteful, its probable you won't have fun in WoW no matter what you do, as the pervasive hum of someone else's decisions about how and in what ways you should spend your time will constantly surround you.

Especially, take note of the first time you get quest to kill X number of creatures, or return with X number of items. You will be asked thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of times to perform that action in WoW. In fact for the casual player, it is that behavior above all others that is being designed as the pinnacle expectation of gameplay activity for each log-in day.

That is but one of the costs of buying in to this game environment.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Has anyone read the sticky lately? I was in the position of trying to switch to a healer fairly recently to replace a spot for my guild and found it pretty unhelpful. This is the section about druid strengths:

Strong Points: Very mana efficient and can have very high healing throughput when multi target healing. They are also the only healer that brings Replenishment; it gives 10 party or raid members (with the lowest mana left) 1% of their maximum mana every 5 second for 15 seconds, or 3% over the full duration.

Mana efficient, which actually feels like a druid weakness right now and replenishment, which no longer exists.

Also, the section of mistweaver monk is non existent. So in my experience, pointing people to the sticky is not extremely helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
^ Which is why people want a new one, since that one is based off of old content, however, people could easily reply to the sticky and ask questions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]