Spell Haste Buff for healers

100 Blood Elf Warlock
I think the spell haste buff should be added to the healing spec(s) of either the Druid, Shaman or Priest class, and below is my reasoning.

I have an issue with my raid roster that I am attempting to resolve. I'm currently 1 dps short of a full 10man, and I am examining the options while trying to maintain armor-type balance and buff coverage.

Here's my current roster: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=evgodpb8t0000000000000000000000000000000

I'd like to add a leather melee dps to my roster as the Feral Druid tank is the only leather wearer at the moment and I only have 1 other melee dps. If I want all of my buffs covered It would be best to take a Rogue for the melee attack speed buff. If I don't, the Hunter's pets are the only option for both the spell haste buff and the melee attack speed buff.

I have a Feral DPS druid and a Monk that would both like to fill that last spot, and it would be great to be able to bring any leather dps without worrying about the buffs. That could be made possible if one of the three healers provided the spell haste buff.

I'll start with why I think the spell haste buff is hard to get. In general, it looks like you can get any type of buff from around 3-4 different classes and then a specific hunter pet if you're really desperate. For Stamina, you get bring a Priest or a Warrior of any spec and you'll be covered, which is fairly easy because there is no spec restriction. For spell power, bring a Mage or a Warlock of any spec. For spell haste however, you have the option of a single spec from three different classes (Elemental Shaman, Balance Druid or Shadow Priest). In my current roster above, I have all three of these classes, but none of the correct specs to acquire the buff.

I think the spell haste buff should be added to the healing spec(s) of one of the three classes above (Druid, Shaman, Priest) for two reasons. First, each of those classes already provide the buff in one of their dps specs, and second, there is not currently any healing spec in the game that can provide this buff. This way, the number of classes that provide the buff doesn't have to change and it will be more accessible to groups like my own.

Has anyone else encountered this problem while putting their groups together? I know the new philosophy is supposed to be that you should be able to get all of your buffs covered as long as your group composition isn't too far-fetched. I've only doubled-up on a single class (Paladin), so I don't think I'm too far out there.

Edit: Copying this in the first post because I think it's important.
Number of specs per buff (not including hunter pets):
Bloodlust/Timewarp - 6
Attack Power - 9
Attack Speed - 6
Crit Chance - 6
Mastery - 6
Spell Haste - 3
Spell Power - 9
Stamina - 6 (9 with Imp/Warlock)
Stat Multiplier - 10

Personally I think it should be brought up to 6 specs like the other buffs. Maybe Disc/Holy so that all priests give it, and then Resto Druids as well.
Edited by Zarillion on 12/29/2012 8:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Your Hunter can bring a Sporebat, they provide 5% Spell Haste to the raid.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
That doesn't solve my problem because I'm short both the spell haste buff and the melee attack speed buff. If my hunter brings her Sporebat, then we don't get the melee haste buff from anyone unless I bring a Rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10 mans aren't balanced around having all buffs. If you want to have them all, you're going to have to plan ahead for it, not whine when you don't have them all.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
12/29/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Zarillion
That doesn't solve my problem because I'm short both the spell haste buff and the melee attack speed buff. If my hunter brings her Sporebat, then we don't get the melee haste buff from anyone unless I bring a Rogue.

You may as well bring a Rogue. You only have 1 melee DPS and you're short on Vanquisher anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
10 mans aren't balanced around having all buffs. If you want to have them all, you're going to have to plan ahead for it, not whine when you don't have them all.

-10 dkp for being unhelpful

You may as well bring a Rogue. You only have 1 melee DPS and you're short on Vanquisher anyway.

I don't have a Rogue, I have a Feral DPS Druid that wants to come (which would also be Vanq).

The main point of this post is that Spell Haste is unusually hard to get when compared to the other buffs:

Bloodlust/Timewarp - 6
Attack Power - 9
Attack Speed - 6
Crit Chance - 6
Mastery - 6
Spell Haste - 3
Spell Power - 9
Stat Multiplier - 10
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This particular topic had reached post cap back through beta. Blizzard still won't aknowledge spell haste is give or take the hardest buff to get. Sadly enough, due to haste breakpoints mechanics, it is also the one that has by far the most significant impact on gearing setups, gemming and reforging.

I'm sure most 10mans group are running with either a boomy, SP or ele to take care of it. Sadly, they also often are the floating 3rd healer which means everytime they swap, expected raid dps drops and the hps output potential of the healers also does. It's extremely annoying.

I could careless if my raid group of friends was missing crit or mastery or various other buffs. The 5% haste on the other hand is extremely annoying as it involves a whole lot of underlying adjustments per character basis solely due to soft breakpoints. This alone should justify spreading the haste buff accross more class/spec combo than any other buff.

My 2cents
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Resto druids should give it.

Why? We basically REQUIRE it for ourselves, and there have been times our Spriest had to go Holy so we can 3 heal a fight and I lose my 5% spell haste. QQ
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Personally I think it should be brought up to 6 specs like the other buffs. Maybe Disc/Holy so that all priests give it, and then Resto Druids as well.
Reply Quote

Why? We basically REQUIRE it for ourselves, and there have been times our Spriest had to go Holy so we can 3 heal a fight and I lose my 5% spell haste. QQ

This. None of the other healers are as reliant on the spell haste buff as we are.
Reply Quote
Our 10 man group is missing this buff as well, very frustrating as we have both a resto druid and me as a resto shaman. It would be cool if resto shaman could get the +5% spell haste, as ele has the +5% spell haste, enhance has the +10% melee haste, but resto shaman has neither.

Especially since all shaman used to bring the +5% spell haste when we still had buff totems.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Hahaha, my guild was mostly having to make the hunters bring a corehound because we could never get a mage or shaman. Or sometimes we just wouldn't have lust. :(

I do wish the haste buff was for every shaman still, but I guess they bring a lot of other buffs now. Or resto druid wouldn't be a bad idea, as mentioned.
Reply Quote
Hardest buff to get is Spell damage (hunter pet, warlock, rogue).

Spell haste is second hardest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/30/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Venomheart
Hardest buff to get is Spell damage (hunter pet, warlock, rogue).

Spell power or increased damage to whatever mob they may be attacking through a debuff?
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock

This. None of the other healers are as reliant on the spell haste buff as we are.

Whoa, whoa, I don't need another periodic to watch. You know they would hook it to a Nourish cast right?
Reply Quote
The numbers are pretty well laid out and there's definitely a good case to make to Blizzard. It's a difficult buff to cover and they have made the game more geared towards "bring the player, not the class" in recent years. I'd be in favor of this, particularly if I could bring the buff as shadow or as disc/holy.

It doesn't make it stupidly easy to get, just less difficult than it is now.

/sign
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I'm okay with this. Because it makes sense. And if it makes sense, it should be done or at least looked in to.

Just saying you could lower the amount of classes/specs that buff Stam to raise the amount of classes/specs that help with Spell Haste(You know, lower something useless for something useful.)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Bloodlust/Timewarp - 6
Attack Power - 9
Attack Speed - 6
Crit Chance - 6
Mastery - 6
Spell Haste - 3
Spell Power - 9
Stat Multiplier - 10

Except that you can't exclude hunter pets from the equation, since they are actually relevant.

And incidentally, why not bring another hunter at this point?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Except that you can't exclude hunter pets from the equation, since they are actually relevant.

Number of specs per buff (including hunter/warlock pets):
Bloodlust/Timewarp - 6 + 1 = 7
Attack Power - 9 + 3 = 12
Attack Speed - 6 + 3 = 9
Crit Chance - 6 + 3 = 9
Mastery - 6 + 3 = 9
Spell Haste - 3 + 3 = 6
Spell Power - 9 + 1 = 10
Stamina - 9 + 1 = 10
Stat Multiplier - 10 + 1 = 11

I didn't exclude them because they were irrelevant, I excluded them because the difference in the data remains the same. Spell Haste is now available by 6 specs, while everything else is 9+ specs. Spell Haste still comes out as being less available than all of the other raid buffs. The exception is Blood Lust at 7, but the scarcity of that CD is not what this topic is about.

So my point still stands, Spell Haste needs to be added to more specs.

And incidentally, why not bring another hunter at this point?

This would leave us with 1 melee dps and 0 leather dps. Leather dps pieces would go straight to the Druid tank's offspec before getting disenchanted and fights that favor melee dps would be challenging for us. It's not the end of the world but it's also not optimal.
Reply Quote
I agree, the healer specs should get the spell haste buff.

Druid and Priest healers barely bring any buffs, it's only Stats and Stamina, respectively. Resto Shaman brings Mastery and Spellpower, if I'm not mistake, but a third buff wouldn't be overpowered.

GC stated at one point that they wanted dps to bring more buffs than healers to make them more attractive, but that doesn't make sense. You're always gonna want a set number of dps and heals in a fight, it's not like you can replace one just because you want some extra buffs. I feel dumb only bringing one buff to the group, while my Elemental Shaman brings three.Add to the fact that only 3 specs bring spell haste, and that these specs aren't the most popular ones (given that a lot of Shaman, Druids, and Priests are forced to heal content), and you got a problem, especially since spell haste is a very important buff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]