Galleon's spawn timer in 5.2

90 Human Warrior
I read somewhere that the 2 upcoming Outdoor Raid Bosses in 5.2 will possibly have spawn timers similar to Sha of Anger. Up almost all of the time. If that is true, will Galleon's spawn timer be changed to match? Or will he remain pretty rare with his current long spawn timer?
Reply Quote
I hope so.

From the release of this game I seen him "Once"

Yep, atm he's the Big foot of Warcraft world boss. People calmed to see him even a fuzz black and white photo or screen shot floating on the net.

But for me I starting to doubt his existance..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
They said that Galleon's spawn timer will be just like that of Sha of Anger with one change, the loot rules will be the same as Sha of Anger as well. So you'll no longer be able to get loot multiple times per week from Galleon.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Warrior
12/30/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Mistrust
They said that Galleon's spawn timer will be just like that of Sha of Anger with one change, the loot rules will be the same as Sha of Anger as well. So you'll no longer be able to get loot multiple times per week from Galleon.

which i still infinitely better than the 0 chances of loot 99% of people get from him right now
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
If true that hes getting the same spawn chance as sha thats one of the best changes ever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
IMO with his spawn location being the one location. having the same spawn timer as Sha is overkill. Maybe once on the hour instead of the every 15 minutes we see a new Sha.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/30/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Brukaj
which i still infinitely better than the 0 chances of loot 99% of people get from him right now

total BS number

Out of my 5 lvl 90 toons, 4 have gotten loot from Galleon.
Some were Elder Charm rolls, some were just drop.
(and the Rogue who hasn't has only done it once, and is only a week old @ 90)

Lock got the Neckpiece three different times.
Mage got 3 totally different pieces

It's just random.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'm pretty sure Oondasta (spelling?) is going to have a similar spawn timer to galleon but with the difficulty of the boss he will likely stay up for a much longer period of time than galleon. It will require a well coordinated group to down him and will not be a loot piniata for the faction who camps the longest and gets a lucky tag.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/15/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
Oondasta

you got it.
I love that name of that boss lol OOOO-NN-DASTAA :p
Edited by Quendor on 2/15/2013 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
10 Pandaren Monk
02/15/2013 07:25 AMPosted by Invincible
Why would you want to kill galleon in 5.2? The stuff he drops will be well below what you get from ToT lfr.

Because everyone's gonna have full 17 slots of ToT LFR gear on the very day that it's released, amirite?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Who is this Galleon you all speak of? I've been fighting random mushan and pretending it was him just to keep me sane.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
02/15/2013 07:03 AMPosted by Quendor
Oondasta

you got it.

Reminds me of Ace Ventura!

Shikaka...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
02/15/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Isaddin

you got it.

Reminds me of Ace Ventura!

Shikaka...

I was thinking more Lion King.

Mufasa!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Killed him a total of 4 times. Only one of those runs did I receive gear, surprisingly two pieces in one run. (Helmet and Boots which are also bis for my class, (pre-heroic raids) go figure)
Edited by Mauklindaufe on 2/15/2013 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/15/2013 07:25 AMPosted by Invincible
Why would you want to kill galleon in 5.2? The stuff he drops will be well below what you get from ToT lfr.
Sadly, some of us haven't killed him at all and still would like the achievement. He also (correctly now) drops a mount that will be something else that makes it worth killing him. I believe this is why they put mounts on world bosses; to keep players who don't necessarily need gear interested in killing him each week.
Reply Quote
7 Night Elf Warrior
so uhh... anyone got an idea on respawn timer yet? :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Been about an hour 15 and has not respawned, went and killed Sha and been back waiting for Galleon
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Update, approaching 2 hours and no respawn, getting to be ridiculous
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]