MW Monk idea

100 Night Elf Monk
As i see it there are 2 major problems that MW's are having.

1) Our AoE healing is very clunky, unreliable, and in general lacks. It is nice to have a couple options open to us but between ReM, Uplift, and SCK it seems more like a roll of the dice to get heals where we want to. Having ReM on 3-5 targets and only being able to to burst them with uplift is great but leaves the rest of the group to fend for themselves as you focus on the others. Think D priests popping PoM, Cascade, Spirit Shell, while spamming PoH, under a PW barrier vs. ReM plus 2 spam Uplift then SCK a couple times.

2) Fistweaving
I understand the concept of it and think its a great idea overall but again the execution of it is clunky and not where it needs to be. If you want to dps while healing thats fine but commit to it, jabbing and kicking in between trying to heal people is chaotic and most people find it mentally painful.

So heres what im thinking. A second stance for MW's.

Stance of The 'Noun' 'Colour' 'Asian Animal'
Energy based melee only healer.
Set up is basically the same as a WW abilities wise with tweaks to energy regen and a couple new abilites.
IE)
'Colour' 'Stone' 'Martial arts move'
2 Chi
Monk lets out a pulse of energy healing 5 allies within 10 yards for X

Punch Heal
3 Chi Channeled over 3 sec
Monk punches with love healing all targets in a cone in front of him for X, split evenly between the punchees.

'Asian proverb'
4 Chi placed 5 yard green circle thing
Monk places a small area that absorbs X damage that a tank can stand in.

'Asian proverb 2'
Strength ramps up with amount of chi used. Channeled 1 sec per chi used.
Inspire allies to kill harder by giving them a 1% bonus to damage per chi per sec.

Tho the ideas aren't perfect i think you get the idea. If you want MW's to fistweave then make us commit to it while providing a new niche to the game.

As for 'ranged MW's' there are a lot of good ideas on how to smooth out our AoE problems.
Reply Quote
Interesting idea. I like the idea of splitting fistweaving and classic healing more, they were supposed to be two different options.

Also, Stance of the Red Crane would work fine, poor Chi-Ji has been neglected by the Monk class.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
12/30/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Malren
Stance of The 'Noun' 'Colour' 'Asian Animal'

'Colour' 'Stone' 'Martial arts move'

Punch Heal

'Asian proverb'

'Asian proverb 2'

mysides.gif

but i like where you're going with this. only prob is you dont want to have to force a tank to be immobile what would probably end up being our strongest tank heal. The main issues with monks is their weak tank healing, mostly because we can't afford to waste chi on anything but chi wave and uplift. And then our raid healing is random. It seems much easier to fix those options instead of adding more chi generators that we wont use since they wont match up to uplift or chi wave.

So many ways to fix ReM, and with fixing ReM you fix uplift. Then all blizz needs to do is make tank healing less awful
Reply Quote
94 Goblin Warlock

Also, Stance of the Red Crane would work fine, poor Chi-Ji has been neglected by the Monk class.

It's really weird that Mistweavers are associated with Yu'lon here when everywhere else in the game Chi Ji is the healer oriented ancient (Relic of Chi Ji, Crane Staff, etc.) and Yu'lon is associated with caster DPS.
Reply Quote

It's really weird that Mistweavers are associated with Yu'lon here when everywhere else in the game Chi Ji is the healer oriented ancient (Relic of Chi Ji, Crane Staff, etc.) and Yu'lon is associated with caster DPS.

I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't really make any sense.

I feel kinda bad for the bird. I feel like Invoke Xu'en should change to Invoke Celestial and have it summon a different celestial based off of spec (Xu'en for Windwalkers, Yu'lon for Mistweavers, and Niuzao for Brewmasters), then make Invoke Chi-ji a baseline healing cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I think that would unnecessarily complicate the class. We're working well enough as is. I have suggested this before and I'll suggest it again. Renewing Mists needs to work more dynamically than it currently does. If they're going to tie our ability to AoE to it and Uplift, we should be able to force it to new targets in between cooldowns or it should automatically select lower health targets halfway through its duration.
Reply Quote
12/30/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Onochang
I think that would unnecessarily complicate the class. We're working well enough as is. I have suggested this before and I'll suggest it again. Renewing Mists needs to work more dynamically than it currently does. If they're going to tie our ability to AoE to it and Uplift, we should be able to force it to new targets in between cooldowns or it should automatically select lower health targets halfway through its duration.

I like the idea of a spell to scramble Renewing Mists:

Disperse:
6 second cd X% mana

Disperses your existing Renewing Mists, causing them to jump to new low health targets within 20 yards (40 with the Glyph of Renewing Mists).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
First, it's clunky because you are in bad gear. Secondly, our aoe heal is very strong, and the fistweaving part is completely optional, you don't have to do it if you want, just like disc priest don't have to smite.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not going to comment on the individual spell ideas. I'm sure there are some grounds to work with on that end.

I have to say though, a healer that is strictly energy based is never going to happen. Especially not built within the same spec because then optimal rotations would force swaps in and our for crazy absurd mana pools. Healers are bound to limited resources.

It doesn't mean that trying to improve the fistweaver toolbox is bad, it just means it cannot be done dodging mana/stance of the serpent
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]