Ele PVP Dreadful gear?

90 Tauren Shaman
I'm putting together an HP set. I've seen that it's recommended to grab 2 pieces of gear from the Wartide/ringmail sets - gloves & chest. The rest would be Thunderfist/mail.

I accidentally grabbed the Thunderfist gloves instead of the gloves for the 2-piece Wartide bonus. What would you suggest I do? Should I still grab the chest & other pieces as normal, or replace the gloves with the Wartide ones?

Thanks in advance... hope I made sense. *wink*
Reply Quote
Did you try just selling them back t the vendor ?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I forgot to mention that I am past the sell-back time. Thus my dilemma. :-/
Edited by Jinglz on 12/30/2012 11:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Then you're stuck with 'em.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
But people really think 3 seconds off grounding are better than 23 seconds off thunderstorm?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
The Thunderstorm 50% is just so invaluable.

Sure you can get a few seconds off grounding totem, but that is only against a caster. And in that same situation if you can reach them you could used Thunderstorm as an interrupt.

So I do not agree with whatever guide you thought you needed to read to be an Elemental Shaman.

I believe that you have made the correct choice by accident and you should go with what the spirits are telling you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Sure you can get a few seconds off grounding totem, but that is only against a caster. And in that same situation if you can reach them you could used Thunderstorm as an interrupt.

So I do not agree with whatever guide you thought you needed to read to be an Elemental Shaman.

I believe that you have made the correct choice by accident and you should go with what the spirits are telling you.

And you get 1k more resil.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
12/31/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Grumlunar

I do agree 100% with this. I use Thunderstorm *all* of the time.

So thank you all for replying. I'm sticking with them. :-)

(Please bear with me, I have played Resto in almost always 2 trees for the past 2 years - so ele is a new - and exciting - adventure!)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Depending on what you pvp you can glyp the thunderstorm and bring it down to 17.5 seconds. Its useful for heavy traffic in battlegrounds for and defending towers. In arenas i dump the glyph and use the glyph of purge(until patch 5.2) even at 17.5 seconds arenas dont last long enough to get the benefit as you do in Bg's. However if you use the Ringmail for the 3 sec cd youll still get pwned by a mage if you dont get a hex off before he silences you. Youll also have to forge off the spirit into haste or mastery depending on your preference as you will be well over the hit cap. Since they nerfed the ele self healing its really pointless to wear ringmail gear.Until patch 5.2 when shamans get some love, it does not really matter what combo of gear you wear. I believe once you get self healing from Flameshock youll want the natural ele gear. I think FS still scales with SP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]