Duskwood is the most unhelpful realm EVER!

90 Undead Rogue
I spent 3 days....3 DAYS! trying to get a Firelands Pug going so I could get a flaming purple dagger for my transmog, but to no avail. I spend hours at a time looking for people, truncating requirements as the time goes on, just at a possibility of getting someone, anyone for that matter, even the noobiest noob. I sit in trade recruiting for my guilds watching the trade channel and seeing nothing but bragging, lots and lots of bragging. Duskwood is good at this, Duskwood is good at that, blah blah blah! If any of you were even 1/trillionth as good as you claim, then you would be doing this stuff easily. I even went as far to say I would explain fights, provide a vent, and tell you exactly what to do. It's obsolete content, I shouldn't have to do this. Duskwood is so vestigial compared to its older self back in Wotlk where it wasn't unusual to log on and expect to join a pug group and possibly clear ToC, ICC, or even RS for that matter.

I am not asking to have people at the ready when I log on, just to have some cooperation and cohesion here. Like come on! I just want a purple dagger :(
Reply Quote
63 Troll Warrior
12/30/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Lethalvenom
Duskwood is so vestigial compared to its older self back in Wotlk where it wasn't unusual to log on and expect to join a pug group and possibly clear ToC, ICC, or even RS for that matter.

duskwood has never pugged RS, and very few PuG's actually fully cleared normal ICC during WotLK.

One thing you need to keep in mind, is that Duskwood is a very casual oriented server. Most people prefer to casually PvP or do dailies, or solo old raids for transmog or pets/mounts.

I agree with the whole comment about it not being as alive as it was, but thats because anybody who was worth anything raiding wise has left. Duskwood just isn't a "raiding" server, whether it be current or obsolete content.
Reply Quote
57 Pandaren Monk
Duskwood is good

No.

possibly clear ToC

Yes.

ICC, or even RS

No.

its older self back in Wotlk

Horde then: Shai Hulud top 100US in Ulduar bringing people in.
Horde now: Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Openraid.us

Use it like everyone else. The reason you aren't finding people in trade is cause the people who REALLY want to do old content aren't in trade. They are in Openraid's chat channel waiting for something to pop up or they already have a scheduled run to goto.

This is especially true of FL where people want to reserve Legendary pieces. Nobody wants to just join a run without some guarantee that they can get the pieces that they want. This is where the Openraid community shines.

Use the tools that are out there that everyone is using and stop ignoring them.

Note: Cross-realm raiding didn't exist during WotLK and thus if anyone wanted to do old content they HAD to form up in trade chat. Now there is a better option and thus if you want to do old content you have to use Openraid.
Edited by Tiesha on 12/31/2012 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
How many people do you really need to clear firelands nowdays?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/31/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Zetsutar
How many people do you really need to clear firelands nowdays?
I don't know lol. I mean, it depends on the efficacy of the group and whether or not they are experienced or just learning the material at that time. I always get a full group for whatever I am doing so that if people leave I won't have to run back into trade channel spamming again, and the group can proceed without worrying about these snags.

12/31/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Tiesha
Use it like everyone else.
I would if I knew how to use it. Everyone keeps saying that but I don't even know what it is. Is it like a website..or a LFR system? If you're telling me there are people lined up, ready and eager to run Firelands, then I would very much like to know where to contact these people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Open raid is a website, google it, once you get there make an account with your primary character set it up and search for a raid, there's plenty of old content raids going on in open raid, enough to keep you busy, if you can't find one its all good host one, usually plenty of people sign up, it is just a lot easier to pug cross realm than complain about our crappy trade chat.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
I won't speak for anyone else, but I don't like you. I've never liked you. I tend to not run anything (even old stuff) with people I don't like. That being said, if you are wanting to run old CATA content, level up to 90. Still being 85 tells me you want 90s to carry you thru content you couldn't clear when it was (semi-)relevant.

Beyond that, Duskwood just plain sucks to pug ANYTHING on.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I won't speak for anyone else, but I don't like you. I've never liked you. I tend to not run anything (even old stuff) with people I don't like. That being said, if you are wanting to run old CATA content, level up to 90. Still being 85 tells me you want 90s to carry you thru content you couldn't clear when it was (semi-)relevant.
The feeling is mutual. Ever heard of alts dude? I'm pretty sure that a guy with an I.Q of 3, or anyone who has played it, understands the game doesn't restrict you to 1 character. I looked at the Open Raid website and I don't like it, at all. It's very complex and hard to understand.

And while we are on the topic of how unhelpful Duskwood is, I might as well add that I think it's people like you who lead to it's vestigiality. ;
When people are unwilling to wait 30 minutes (and maybe a few more if the group looks promising) it reduces the amount of pugs.
When people ban someone on a slight comment they made, they ruin the vehemence or at least desire to talk and be social.
When people leave a raid after the first wipe they ruin peoples fun. Everyone in that group dedicated their time to work on that raid and now you have set them back.
When people refuse to sign a charter (whether for a paid sum or not) it affects the social acceptance, because now you have possibly set back a group that could have started a pool of relationships and social gathering.
When people don't converse or at least demote conversing by reporting or ignoring (be what it may, you can ignore people at your discretion, but join a guild, your character online means more than you know) you set back the entire realm.

TLDR: WoW is an MMORPG. For those of you that don't know what that means, it is short for Multi Million Online Role Playing Game. If you want to be anti-social, that's fine, but go play a single player game or at least one that isn't online so you don't ruin other peoples fun.

This server is dying, not because of people losing interest in the game, but because of people who cram into guilds and stay dormant there. And actually players lose interest in a game because they lose the incentive to play because nobody wants to participate in activities. If you do not show some sort of desire to join up, then you are adding onto the attrition of both the realm and the game.

You want a panacea? Troll more, and do pugs, quest/dungeons with guildies, make a friend ( or at least find a lower level to mentor, one that could use the help and knowledge). Those aren't tricks or methods for sustaining a realm, those are just virtues to life. Behind that monitor is someone else, another human being, it's time you treated peoples characters like one.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
By the way Tiesha and Chaos, even though I didn't end up liking the Open Raid website, I still want to thank you for your help in telling me where to seek conference, was a very nice thing of you to do and I really appreciate it. Also Brug, I would very much like it if you reposted your comment, I always find your advice to be helpful, no matter if the advice is against me or not.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Allow me to reply to each part of this individually. I'll even use small words for you. :)

The feeling is mutual. Ever heard of alts dude? I'm pretty sure that a guy with an I.Q of 3, or anyone who has played it, understands the game doesn't restrict you to 1 character. I looked at the Open Raid website and I don't like it, at all. It's very complex and hard to understand.

I'm sure I've heard of alts... given that this IS an alt.
Also, while I can understand your opinion of not liking it, Open Raid's website is not complex at all.

And while we are on the topic of how unhelpful Duskwood is, I might as well add that I think it's people like you who lead to it's vestigiality. ;
When people are unwilling to wait 30 minutes (and maybe a few more if the group looks promising) it reduces the amount of pugs.

Lemme stop ya there and say I've put together a LOT of pugs on Duskwood on my various toons. Some of which requiring OVER AN HOUR to fill up. But ya know what, people still went. So I don't know if you are just that unlucky in making your pugs, or if it's just that that many people dislike you that much that they aren't willing to wait that long for you.

When people ban someone on a slight comment they made, they ruin the vehemence or at least desire to talk and be social.

Again, won't speak for anyone else, but... if someone gets 'banned', they likely deserved it. I usually go out of my way to be polite, or at least civil, to most people. But if someone displays an abnormal amount of stupidity, I "ban" then from groups I make. That's what makes the /ignore such a great feature for someone that runs pugs. Sure, that person may have an alt that gets in, but eventually, they will be weeded out like the wastes of space they are. :)
As for the social part, one should always remember that not everyone shares a specific point of view. I may think that Hitler was actually a pretty good guy. (I don't, but it'll make a good example) Expressing that opinion, however, is likely to get me into hot water with some groups of people. So always take into account others opinions. Sure, fun is fun. And an occasional comment can easily be overlooked. But if someone is always trying to make rude comments (or whatever), then yeah, they're gonna get the boot.

When people leave a raid after the first wipe they ruin peoples fun. Everyone in that group dedicated their time to work on that raid and now you have set them back.

I'll just repeat something I stated in my earlier post. Level 90s don't enjoy wiping to level 85 content. Well, I doubt ANYONE likes wiping, that isn't the point. The point is people who DID the content when it was relevant really don't like wiping when they outgear, let alone outlevel it now too. I mean, how would you feel if you made a group for... oh, I dunno, Molten Core. You took anyone that could go (lvl60+). Now everything is going fine until... someone does something stupid and the group wipes. Do you really think people would stay? (yes, I'm aware pretty much anyone can solo MC now, but the point is still valid)

When people refuse to sign a charter (whether for a paid sum or not) it affects the social acceptance, because now you have possibly set back a group that could have started a pool of relationships and social gathering.

If they had a group for said social gatherings, etc... why would I be needed to sign in the 1st place?

tbc...
Edited by Murdertramp on 1/2/2013 10:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
When people don't converse or at least demote conversing by reporting or ignoring (be what it may, you can ignore people at your discretion, but join a guild, your character online means more than you know) you set back the entire realm.

I try not to converse with overly stupid people... so I set back Duskwood. gotcha.
(for the record, I don't feel you are stupid, just annoying. :) )

TLDR: WoW is an MMORPG. For those of you that don't know what that means, it is short for Multi Million Online Role Playing Game. If you want to be anti-social, that's fine, but go play a single player game or at least one that isn't online so you don't ruin other peoples fun.

MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME. nice try tho :)
And Blizz has set it up so people can USUALLY play however they want. I don't personally enjoy all aspects of the game, but then, I don't play all aspects either. :P

This server is dying,

Agreed

not because of people losing interest in the game, but because of people who cram into guilds and stay dormant there.

So, what you are saying... people should constantly guild hop, so that the server can survive.

And actually players lose interest in a game because they lose the incentive to play because nobody wants to participate in activities. If you do not show some sort of desire to join up, then you are adding onto the attrition of both the realm and the game.

So no one wants to run stuff with you... for whatever reason. (sick of content or whatever) And this is why the server is dying?

You want a panacea? Troll more, and do pugs, quest/dungeons with guildies, make a friend ( or at least find a lower level to mentor, one that could use the help and knowledge). Those aren't tricks or methods for sustaining a realm, those are just virtues to life. Behind that monitor is someone else, another human being, it's time you treated peoples characters like one.

I can agree with that last line. Most people in WoW are just plain rude to everyone not in their little circle of friends/guild.
And most of the people I play with on a regular basis do some (or most) of these already anyway. :P I can't even tell you the number of times I've helped people with various things, whether boss mechanics, class mechanics, specs, stats, gear... whatever.
Honestly, after a while, it just gets to be more a hassle than it's worth unless it's for people you will be playing with semi-often.
Reply Quote
51 Pandaren Monk
I KAN HAZ BAMBOO!? :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Z

Duskwood is so vestigial compared to its older self back in Wotlk where it wasn't unusual to log on and expect to join a pug group and possibly clear ToC, ICC, or even RS for that matter.

duskwood has never pugged RS, and very few PuG's actually fully cleared normal ICC during WotLK.

One thing you need to keep in mind, is that Duskwood is a very casual oriented server. Most people prefer to casually PvP or do dailies, or solo old raids for transmog or pets/mounts.

I agree with the whole comment about it not being as alive as it was, but thats because anybody who was worth anything raiding wise has left. Duskwood just isn't a "raiding" server, whether it be current or obsolete content.

First off Dwood has pugged RS 10,25 and even at 1 time Marv had a pug do 10 H RS, Me, brug,marv a few zion guys and some other people. So know your facts.... The realm has went down alot, but people used to pug stuff all the time, just not in the last 2 expacs. LFR might be a small reason for that, and the fact half the pop has transfered. I edited, Im sorry, maybe Horde has never pugged those things.............
Edited by Arcthree on 1/3/2013 5:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/02/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Lethalvenom
By the way Tiesha and Chaos, even though I didn't end up liking the Open Raid website, I still want to thank you for your help in telling me where to seek conference, was a very nice thing of you to do and I really appreciate it. Also Brug, I would very much like it if you reposted your comment, I always find your advice to be helpful, no matter if the advice is against me or not.

My post was just a dumb joke, something like "trade chat troll, can't find players for groups,more shocking news to come".

While it was just a joke, i deleted it cuz it seemed like a waste of of time. However, the context that the joke was used in holds true. It is not specific to you in any sense, any person that finds the bulk of their entertainment sitting in trade trolling players, or just sitting in trade talking smack or nonsense, those players are always going to struggle to find groups. It's just the way it is. Throw in the fact you often are just insulting players with noob, or bads, well, good luck trying to group for anything. In 8 years of playing this game, 5 now I think on duskwood, I can't recall a single time I called anyone out for being bads or noobs. And on duskwood, at least on the pve side of the game, I could probably do that often, but what purpose does it serve other then to insult other people.

Now, perhaps I'm old school, or was raised differently, but I don't find treating anyone like that necessary ever. As a matter of fact, I believe I'm the one who stood up for you when we sold you the rag mount, others said it was stupid or you'd try some ninja tactic, but I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, second chances, all that good stuff.

You seem to behave in the opposite manner, doing everything you possibly can to rile up the realms masses against you, and then you find it shocking that no one wants to group with you?

It's simple the best people, not players, leaving this game, is always noticeable, the community suffers just abit, and there's 1 less person that helped make that community strong.

On the other hand, every trade chat troll could get banned for life, and the community wouldn't even notice, other then that their realm seems all that much better.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/02/2013 10:47 PMPosted by Murdertramp
So no one wants to run stuff with you... for whatever reason. (sick of content or whatever) And this is why the server is dying?

01/03/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Brugavino
"trade chat troll, can't find players for groups,more shocking news to come".
Edit : Spelling Corrections.

I guess I would respond to your comments about people not choosing to group up with *trollers*.

Why the realm is dying

Some people may argue that they don't like trolls or that they are hazardous to both factions and realms. I would respond by saying trolls as well as a few other things are the quintessence of what brings the cohesion and liveliness of realms. When I say a few other things, I'm implying that obviously a troll by itself couldn't accommodate as being the instrumental tool in sustaining a realm. Things like pugs, good economies, progression based guilds, are what keeps a realm alive and that's why realms without trolls and pugs won't survive.

Trollisim

I know that people would very much like a less hostile environment. But if everything was perfect and fantastic, then they would start to question if things were more perfect somewhere else, and that's when the faction/realm transfers start to happen, only to result in them coming back. All realms are the same is what I'm trying to say. What comes with being a troll is this ideology of being a celebrity as some have put it. I don't think so. It's not unusual for me to log on and find death threats in my mailbox. I think this is a bit of a dramatic result of a few comments, because at the end of the day, or at least when we log off, we realize it's just a game. I would like to believe what I say is taken lightly, and see it as a form of satire. I'm only human, forgive me for some wrong.

Psychological Asafetida

What if, or at least try to imagine, you are on a low population realm. You have all your friends and all the realm first achieves with all the 100% heroic drop mounts. Would you be happy then? No, I refuse to believe someone would be content with just killing monsters and seeing declines in health bars. It's the same with when I got Ashes of Alar, I was one of few (a total of 8 on the realm at the time I believe), and I got to be unique. That didn't suffice my ostentation for long, I started to feel less and less transparent and irrelevant as more and more people got it. I asked Spoon to get me a Firehawk. This thing was huge, people would be able to see me a mile away, and better yet Mop was nearing, which would lower its availability to 1%. You must understand commodities are the most worthless asset. Yes I believe staying dormant in guilds causes dying realms. I also believe realms without pugs, trolls, dead economies, are realms on the course of failure. Spoon is the devil and needs a heaven to rival its hell, you of all people would understand this Brug. No competition.

And you mention that realms without trolls are realms better off. We'll see if you are right. I don't play much anymore, maybe 5 hours a week now, and it continues to seep. I just log on to check my mail (I don't even know why either, nothing has been selling lol) and to recruit for my guild <Corruption>. I have all my real life friends who play on Facebook, the game is becoming more and more irrelevant for me to play. I know some people will be happy if and when I quit (don't get too excited Murdertramp haha). But who would be the constitutive to signify the apparentness of Duskwood. I would hope someone else would come along to spurn the realm.
Edited by Lethalvenom on 1/3/2013 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Personally, I LOVE seeing bosses die. (the occasional purple is nice too, should I ever get them)
If I were to get realm 1sts, every mount, etc, there is still more for me to do... look at my achievements... those aren't all gotten yet (and, in honesty, never will be either :( ). I could pet battle (in small doses). I could do challenge modes.

Trade Chat Trolls (TCT) are, in general, pointless. Especially on Duskwood, where it is almost never anything new. I grow tired of the "What if Zelda doesn't save the princess!?" that I've seen since Wrath (that's over 4 years for those keeping tabs).
If TCTs would at least come up with new material, they wouldn't be so annoying. But no, it's the same stuff day after day after day after day...

And, just an FYI for ya, Lethal... I'm not excited for you to leave. I'm not sad about it; not happy about it; not... anything about it. I couldn't care less one way or the other. The only reason I ever hopped into this thread to begin with was sheer boredom. :P

If you do end up leaving game, good luck in whatever you do end up doing tho. :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/03/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Murdertramp
. look at my achievements...
WTF rofl, I did and I seriously choked on this Dr.Pepper I was drinking. You are the first person I have ever seen with 16.1k achievement points.

The only reason I ever hopped into this thread to begin with was sheer boredom. :P
Same lol. I know, like I mentioned in the comment you know, it's just a game. WoW gets so boring and dull sometimes, so reading comments and being a critic can be entertaining xD.
Edited by Lethalvenom on 1/3/2013 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]