Pick a healer.. any healer..

57 Night Elf Monk
Herro everyone..

I am wondering which healer I should roll for PvP (and maybe a little PvE) if I prefer to play a more defensive roll. I also generalllly prefer being ranged.

Thank you :D
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Hear that? This guy wants a ranged healer. That means, no rogues, warriors, nada!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Pretty sure you answered your question with the title of your post. :P Pick a healer. Any healer will do. Seriously.

If you don't like melee don't be a monk.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you prefer a decent healer that plays a defensive game (also known as "running away"), you can't get much better than a druid!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Definitely monk is out. They're all about the melee healing.
Reply Quote
I disagree.. I rarely Melee Heal.. You can heal as a monk from ranged without any issues.. Dont listen to them.. Though questing sucks as you have to melee, and well I hate Melee..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/03/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Sukomonk
I disagree.. I rarely Melee Heal.. You can heal as a monk from ranged without any issues.. Dont listen to them.. Though questing sucks as you have to melee, and well I hate Melee..

You're gimping yourself, and your raid, if you never melee heal. Just ask Mist...
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk
01/03/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Tiriél
You're gimping yourself, and your raid, if you never melee heal.

couldn't have put it better myself.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Melee healing is so strong... if you are healing as a Monk and are not in Melee... you are doing it quite wrong
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you don't have a strong preference, look at the styles and see which of their other skills, preemptive vs reactive vs shield, and the dual specs appeal to you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I am a casual BG PVPer and I always feel ridiculous. I mean people just don't seem to kill me, I always have top healing by a ridiculous amount, and I have fun doing it. Most people complain about MW PVP but I just don't get what they complain about. I would like to do arenas but none of my friends want to do it.
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Priest
Personaly I would recomened priest for you. You have 2 very different specs to choose from. It doesn't get more Defensive then Disc. for any of the healers. You have to plan ahead for what damage is going to come and you have a ton of Defensive abillities. If you get bored of it you can switch it up and go Holy. Between those 2 specs you can really davel between all the other healing specs and see what axpects you like best about healing.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Tiriél

You're gimping yourself, and your raid, if you never melee heal. Just ask Mist...

That wasnt what I was saying..

I said you do not HAVE to melee heal..

I understand that I am no "min / Maxing" as much as I should by not really Melee Healing.. But I am not gimping my raid..

At the level I and my friends play this game.. I am perfectly fine Ranged healing.. And am very very competitive with most healers I come across, even in LFR.. Shrug..
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Mist
You're gimping yourself, and your raid, if you never melee heal.

couldn't have put it better myself.

While I do value your opinion Mist.. and I believe I agreed a lot with you back when you were a Shaman named Rain.. I think that was you..

Either way, its obvious that you play at a level beyond what I and my friends play at.. And I would imagine your far above the level that the OP posts at.. So to say that Ranged Healing for MW's is not viable is not entirely true.. I believe Ranged healing as a MW is viable even at High End raiding.. Though as you say, it is not as good as Melee healing..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]