Feral pvp 2set changed

90 Night Elf Druid
So I logged onto the PTR to see just how steep the druid changes were and immediately noticed something that I hadn't seen written in any version of the 5.2 patch notes.

The feral/guardian pvp 2set bonus (15% movement speed while outdoors) has been replaced with a new one: Increases the duration of savage roar by 8seconds.

Was this an unannounced change or did I miss something? A longer savage roar duration is neat but losing the movement speed bonus we've had since vanilla WoW really sucks.
Edited by Ragaro on 1/3/2013 4:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Troll Druid
That's kinda strange since that wasn't really a thing that people qq'd about. Maybe they did it to make feline swiftness more appealing?

Oh well, the change mostly really stinks for guardian fcs.
Edited by Kronoin on 1/3/2013 4:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
While losing +15% Run Speed would be unbelievably devastating considering we require as much uptime as possible since so much of our damage comes from white attacks, we need weave at-least two finishers to apply pressure, and we suffer from a strange hitbox, I admit that a longer Savage Roar would be an amazing QoL upgrade.

Is this true? I can't imagine they would remove a bonus that's been in the game since Vanilla and a signature of Druid PvP.

On a side note, I'd imagine this also impacts PvE since the 4-piece PvP set with 2/2 upgrade already very competitive.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=23218

Guardians don't even have Savage Roar.

Why can't they just admit the ability is too limiting? Do we really need TWO bandaids to make it viable? Both a Major Glyph AND a 2-piece set bonus?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I agree, that's why I was so disappointed when I saw that change to the set bonus on the PTR. Still no post on whether or not it's intended to be the replacement bonus. Either way, Blizz seems to not be sure how to adjust ferals at all, hence the roller coaster starts up again...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/03/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Edgy
On a side note, I'd imagine this also impacts PvE since the 4-piece PvP set with 2/2 upgrade already very competitive.

Yes. 15/16 heroic and I'm still using 4-piece PvP. Looking like this will probably continue in the next tier...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't really mind it I suppose but I don't think it was really needed. Besides, that kinda screws Guardians in RBGs, which is their only niche in PvP right now.

They should really stop fixing the things that are fine and fix the things that are wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/03/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Edgy
Do we really need TWO bandaids to make it viable? Both a Major Glyph AND a 2-piece set bonus?

This is, without a doubt, the most annoying part of the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/03/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Stenhaldi

Yes. 15/16 heroic and I'm still using 4-piece PvP. Looking like this will probably continue in the next tier...

I don't mean this in a snarky way, I do actually find this question curious.

Until it was hotfixed (either last night or today), you were one of the players that used ursol's vortex bug to let your shreds extend your rip duration forever.
Just in case the fix hasn't gone live on all servers I'll refrain from explaining exactly how it worked.

Do you feel the four piece still competitive after they hotfixed the ursol's vortex bug last night? Without having those rips with all cds extended forever anymore, is the four second increase on rip now largely better than the free ravage from the 4p pvp set?
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
crap. This is going to hurt my Guardian FC. =_=
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
So if you got savage roar glyph, your basically granted 20 seconds with 0 combo points.

i'll take that if i decide to play feral
Reply Quote
Hi guys I just want to point out that I made a post on the ptr forum about this:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415157002

Due to the fact that they probably don't read the class forums, I think we need to give them our feedback where they will see it. I really don't want this change to go through. =(
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
I just don't believe they listen to feedback in the manner that we expect. I think they listen to people when they say: "this is fun/not fun"
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/05/2013 04:01 PMPosted by Clay
I just don't believe they listen to feedback in the manner that we expect. I think they listen to people when they say: "this is fun/not fun"

Nah they just ignore druids ... they listen to other classes but druids are just ignored. Look at cata... they ignored us then, they ignored us in wrath, they ignored us in BC (remember the great feral nerfbat?)

I've pretty much given up with Blizz not nerfing feral to the ground... although I'll be more than slightly annoyed if pvp gear turns out to be better for sustained damage in PvE with this change because I hate and loathe arena with a burning passion.
Reply Quote
Druid tanks dont even have SR??
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/05/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Rainsolo
Druid tanks dont even have SR??

No savage roar is feral only. Which makes the set bonuses pretty useless if you're a guardian in pvp.
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Druid
Just to be sure, did you check if maybe the 15% was added baseline? Sure you did but didn't see it mentioned. Sorry if it was.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/05/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Grimbull
Just to be sure, did you check if maybe the 15% was added baseline? Sure you did but didn't see it mentioned. Sorry if it was.

No, because that is the pvp set bonus... not the cat runspeed bonus. We don't take Feline swiftness in pvp because wild charge is mandatory... so we are worse off than we were in wrath, given our runspeed then was 30% in cat form + feral charge + set bonus 15%

If this change goes live we'll be at 25% speed + wild charge + out of range errors from the wonky hit box and not being able to pull off shred.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/05/2013 04:01 PMPosted by Clay

Coincidentally enough I created a twitter account to say just that: "PTR: 2P bonus to Savage Roar now adds to a major glyph to bandaid a pvp problem-seems excessive. Taking away run speed not fun"

No response. Big surprise! (edit: I think I made the tweet thursday)
Edited by Dysheki on 1/6/2013 12:51 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]