simplifying a macro

Is there a way to simplify the following macro to eliminate multiple Spec:1 & Spec:2 tags?

/use [spec:1,@mouseover][spec:1,@target][spec:1,@player] Purify Spirit
/use [spec:2,@mouseover][spec:2,@target][spec:2,@player] Cleanse Spirit

The code above is a small part of a larger macro, which is why I'd like to eliminate as much text as possible
Edited by Bluntroach on 12/15/2012 11:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've never even seen spec:1/spec:2 as a condition. You would probably be better off asking in UI and macro.

You can always remove @target. If you have no @ or = in a bracket, it will default to target.

I would try flipping the order and removing the spec condition entirely from purify spirit. That way if and only if you are in spec 2, you cast cleanse spirit, if you are in spec 1 it skips that line and moves to start casting purify.

Also, while we are saving characters you can combine both into a single line with ';', which will save you a "/use"
Edited by Sotanaht on 12/16/2012 1:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is what you put in.
/use [@mouseover,help][@target,help][@player] Cleanse Spirit

Cleanse Spirit automatically becomes Purify Spirit when the Resto spec is active. @mouseover always returns true. Exist, help or harm must be included or the macro won't progress past @mouseover.
Edited by Mitimem on 12/16/2012 12:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I thought that last part would be the case, but I assumed his macro worked to start with. I looked at the specs and saw resto had both purify AND cleanse though, just a flaw in how they listed the abilities on the talent calc?
Edited by Sotanaht on 12/16/2012 1:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/16/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Sotanaht
I thought that last part would be the case, but I assumed his macro worked to start with. I looked at the specs and saw resto had both purify AND cleanse though, just a flaw in how they listed the abilities on the talent calc?

No, Cleanse becomes Purify. And for the purposes of a macro, anywhere you put "Cleanse" in, it will swap to "Purify" when resto without you having to change.

It's similar to how the Chakra Holy Word abilities work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]