Felguard Weapons... anyone notice them?

90 Worgen Warlock
So I decided to go ahead and drop my Dreadsteed Glyph for Felguard glyph, acknowledging that in the few cases I would actually use the Dreadsteed (mostly PvP maps) I can just swap glyphs in advance.

I am finding however that the nifty weapons are really only for my own amusement. I've had more people notice my transmog than have noticed my pet. And I realize that I also just do not look at other people in game, let alone pets.

So... has anyone found weapons so flashy/large/amazing that they have actually been noticed at all? I think it is kinda cool, but cannot help but realize that I am wasting bag space (as well as running the risk of forgetting to swap glyphs in a BG some day)
Reply Quote
Noticed one a little while back with his pet dual weilding Black Ice from EoE, those things were bigger than the damn pet.

Personally running with merc glad greatswords on mine from netherstorm vendor, makes the bladestorm have a nice fiery animation
Reply Quote
I use that green Torn-heart axe from the shadowmoon valley quest chain.

Has a nice lock feel
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I use that green Torn-heart axe from the shadowmoon valley quest chain.

Has a nice lock feel

^
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Yeah, I saw Black Ice when I was looking for "Freaking Huge Mogs" and went out to solo Malygos, sadly didn't get the drop on first time, so now to wait for 2 lucky weeks.

Fiery Bladestorm sounds pretty nice, as does vendor purchase. I'll have to check those out. Right now I have the 2 Klaxxi ground spawn account bound items (Malik's Stalwart Spear and Swarming Cleaver of Ka'roz), they are decent, but certainly do not stand out.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I see very few other fel/wrathguards, and fewer still actually utilize the glyph.

Black Ices are my weapon of choice. Saved two of them when the glyph was first revealed, since I do Maly every week for his nonexistant Azure mount anyway. >:( The other day, I looked over Mogit for something equally-impressive that still matches the Wrathguard's color, but nothing really stood a chance against Black Ice.

But not many people notice. No random players have commented on it thus far, and only two guildies have said anything...the first was our other warlock, and the second had observed one day that someone else's Wrathguard was using different weapons than mine. Before then, he thought that they just wielded Black Ices by default, since had only ever seen my Wrathguard regularly.

For the most part, I expect that the only person that will appreciate your glyph and choice of weapon is you...and maybe sometimes other warlocks.
Edited by Naerina on 12/16/2012 9:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Here's a nice little trick I figured out. The Felguard Glyph doesn't count as mogging. Why does that matter, you ask? It matters because it means the glyph will copy weapons that can't normally be mogged. More specifically it will copy the the old High Warlord or Grand Marshal PvP weapons you can still get for a few hundred Honor, and they don't have to be the Replica ones you can only get if you had the title back in the day.

Though I didn't keep the spec, I quite enjoyed a Wrathguard with a pair of High Warlord's Battle Axe. Alliance might find that Grand Marshal's Glaive looks good too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The only person who notices my felguard's weapon is me, but I don't mind. I like to keep him snazzy, but he doesn't really care if he impresses anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I have two pitchforks with me at all times so my Wrathguard can duel-wield pitchforks. Very few people ever notice it, but when they do they get a good laugh out of it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Personally, I prefer Vanilla raid weapons....so my Wrathguard has Ashkandi, Drake-talon Cleaver, Draconic Avenger and Manslayer of the Qiraji to choose from. Running AQ40 every week now to see if I can get the 2h sword from Twin Emps and Dark Edge of Insanity from C'thun.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I haven't used the glyph since I only do GrimSup as Demo, and the Wrathguard never seems to pick up any weapons I have in my bags. Do they have to be two of the same weapon for him to pick them up? If so, I might have to start farming Kara again for a second Heartless sword.

Though personally I'd love to see it grab two random 2Hers from your bags whenever he's summoned.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I haven't used the glyph since I only do GrimSup as Demo, and the Wrathguard never seems to pick up any weapons I have in my bags. Do they have to be two of the same weapon for him to pick them up? If so, I might have to start farming Kara again for a second Heartless sword.

Though personally I'd love to see it grab two random 2Hers from your bags whenever he's summoned.

Works just fine for my Wrathguard. Just have to make sure the weapons you want him to pick from are in the actual backpack...the 16 slotter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Using http://www.wowhead.com/item=50049 atm. But i plan on killing Garrosh with his own axe, http://www.wowhead.com/item=28773 , weilded buy a demon, quite possible the only thing he hates more than the alliance.
Edited by Xujen on 12/18/2012 8:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Honestly, you don't even need to worry about the dreadsteed glyph because we get waterwalking with SB: Waterbreathing. But flames always look cool.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Pulling this thread back up because yesterday I did my own searching and found something I think is awesome. I picked up two Brutal Gladiator's Greatswords and wow.. They are the huge swords that have a lime green blade. It looks very "Fel Energy" like. It's amazing I saw it and knew that was my Wrathguard's new weapon :) Look up the sword and you'll see what I mean.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Draconic Avenger fits perfectly with the Felguard.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
12/18/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Jurani
Honestly, you don't even need to worry about the dreadsteed glyph because we get waterwalking with SB: Waterbreathing. But flames always look cool.

Some of us do enjoy Demonology instead ;) But outside of Battlegrounds I prefer the water strider anyway, so only need the steed in a VERY few maps.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/18/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Jurani

Surprisingly, there are people who play specs other than Affliction in Battlegrounds.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
does anyone know what the 2 swords that the Felguard has the 2 fire ones >?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]